Cool Tool

Dad loves finding cool little tools to give as Christmas presents to my brother and me.  The one he found this year will be very helpful.  

How many times do you need to figure out what size a random bolt or nut is?  Usually I take it to the hardware store and start trying it out until I find out what size it is.

With this tool I can now figure out out pretty much any odd bolt or nut I have.  It has standard and metric and different thread pitches.  Pretty simple idea but it will be very useful.

IMG_0379.jpg

IMG_0380.jpg

• Like 13
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

Did your dad mention where he found that? I'm one who picks up every "good" nut or bolt I see on the ground, and I could see where a set of those would be handy.

Edited by Darrell

I agree, cool tool! I found a set in a case, instead of on a cable, of SAE and Metric for $40 shipped on eBay. (From China, but what the heck.) I ordered a set for my toolbox, thanks for the tip!

• Like 2

Nice tool. But what's the fun in finding out real quick what size and thread. It is much more time wasting in going back and forth for half an hour or more. Greg I am like you, if I had one I would never find it when I needed it.

• Like 2
19 hours ago, Smith said:

I got one of these for the same reason. I like the board. I have it mounted on the wall. SST Identibolt ™ Bolt and Nut Identifier Gauge https://a.co/d/jjtVctI

Those are nice, till you have to check a stud mounted to an engine block.

• Like 1