Do you have a passport?

Do you have a Passport?  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have a Passport?

• Yes, Full Passport
    • Yes, Passport Card
    • No

I read some of the questions about ID (trying to get birth certificates, etc) and it made me wonder.

I have had a passport for many years because I traveled overseas on my job.

But with the recent changes requiring a passport to go just about anywhere outside the states I wonder why everyone doesn’t get one. Then you don’t have to be concerned with ID again.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, I got one. I didn't get it until right before the first time I flew out of country (in 2004) and I don't think I've pulled it back out of the safe since I got back. I might wanna look at it. How long are them things good for before you gotta renew?

Guest bkelm18

I do not have one. Really don't have any inkling to travel outside of the states. Did enough of that in the service.

I've been meaning to get one for the wifey.

I keep telling the wife to get hers. One day we will need/want to travel out of the country and there will be a bunch of drama and added expense to get a passport in time.

• Moderators

There are some other uses for a passport besides traveling internationally because it establishes both identity and citizenship. Easy single source document for I9 paperwork and to just use as everyday as ID since the info it contains doesn't lead back to the info used for identity theft.

I don't have one. Never had one. I went to Mexico without one and I don't expect to go any further than that or even go there again. If I could find the time I would rather see places in the USA that I have never been than to travel abroad anyway. My wife has had one for several years and has used it.

I do not have one. Really don't have any inkling to travel outside of the states. Did enough of that in the service.

Amen. I can't remember whether the AF took mine with I got out or I let it expire and it got lost along the way but I don't have one. Wifey won't fly or get on a dang boat so I have no use for one, IOW if it ain't in the 48 I won't ever see it.;)

I don't have one. Never had one. If I could find the time I would rather see places in the USA that I have never been than to travel abroad anyway. My wife has had one for several years and has used it.

I'm exactly like boatman. There are plenty of places in the USA I'd like to see some day.

My wife has had one for most of her life. She's traveled throughout Europe many times, and has bugged me for years about getting a passport.

I believe she's finally given up on me. But our two oldest daughters have had theirs for almost 10 years. They've gone with their mother to Europe, England, Ireland, etc.

I have a current civillian and my "official" one expired last year. While healing from my helo accident the official one expired. I have been told by doctors that I will never work overseas again and for that reason I will never have another official one. I also had a CAC card issued for my work. Both the CAC card and the official passport were turned in once it was realized I am out of the fight.

Dolomtie

Guest jackdm3

My wife got one for full-out for grad school (don't ask) and I don't have one yet. Need to get on that because we might want to get outta Dodge in a quick! For whatever reason, providing we have the cashola. Now I understand why they did all those commercials about foreign countries accepting Visa or Amex or Mastercard. Can we talk about that situation here? The different cards? That's another noteworthy discussion of reciprocity.