Ruminations on my favorite "go to" handgun. What's yours?

TGO David

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator
Actually, most Gen4 owners report no problems......including me. About 600 rounds through my Gen4 with no problems.

The part that I find most worrisome is the fact that the people who are having problems are the people who run their guns the hardest. Someone who only shoots a hundred rounds or so every two months appears to be less likely to have the problems that the guys who run them hard are having. That's not what I want to see from a Glock. But again it appears that Glock is stepping up to fix the issues.

The Glock 23s had some problems initially too. This isn't exactly unheard of with Glock, it's just sad that it happened to the venerable 19.

what holster is that? It looks like the Raven but with different belt clips. And I really like the M&P's as well.

Those are his holsters, actually. Seraph owns Secret City Weaponeers and makes holsters. He's in the process of setting up as a Vendor here on TGO.

what holster is that? It looks like the Raven but with different belt clips. And I really like the M&P's as well.

It's my own design, and, aside from the fact that I use Kydex and eyelet rivets, it's very significantly divergent from the RCS Phantom design you reference. My holster is designed primarily to excel in the IWB role, with adaptability to OWB and MOLLE roles, which I believe is pretty much the opposite of Raven's angle of attack.

ETA> I see that our very hospitable host, David, has beat me to the punch. These are, indeed, the product of my little company, Secret City Weaponeers. I call it the K-25 Multi-Role Concealment Holster.

Guest Guy N. Cognito
The part that I find most worrisome is the fact that the people who are having problems are the people who run their guns the hardest. Someone who only shoots a hundred rounds or so every two months appears to be less likely to have the problems that the guys who run them hard are having. That's not what I want to see from a Glock. But again it appears that Glock is stepping up to fix the issues.

The Glock 23s had some problems initially too. This isn't exactly unheard of with Glock, it's just sad that it happened to the venerable 19.

Those are his holsters, actually. Seraph owns Secret City Weaponeers and makes holsters. He's in the process of setting up as a Vendor here on TGO.

That's an interesting observation. Oddly enough, I've seen the exact opposite. New shooter buy a 19, puts 50 rounds through it, then jumps on the internet to lament a single FTE. Usually, he's shooting the weakest ammo he can buy. I wouldn't say mine's been babied. 600 rounds in about a months time, including two aggressive training days.

It's not the first time these complaints have surfaced. Those of us that have been into Glocks for years will remember the exact same complaints when the 26 came out. Again, it has the more complex recoil system.

Guest Guy N. Cognito
That's an interesting observation. Oddly enough, I've seen the exact opposite. New shooter buy a 19, puts 50 rounds through it, then jumps on the internet to lament a single FTE. Usually, he's shooting the weakest ammo he can buy. I wouldn't say mine's been babied. 600 rounds in about a months time, including two aggressive training days.

It's not the first time these complaints have surfaced. Those of us that have been into Glocks for years will remember the exact same complaints when the 26 came out. Again, it has the more complex recoil system.

That's some nice work. Do you have a picture of the back?

If you have a website (and serve us wrong-handers) I might have to put in an order. Shoot me a pm if you like.

That's some nice work. Do you have a picture of the back?

If you have a website (and serve us wrong-handers) I might have to put in an order. Shoot me a pm if you like.

I'll be serving the sinister pistolero, as soon as I can get the templates made to do so. With the somewhat unusual way that I make these holsters, the making of the required templates is a bit of an art project, requiring a full day. I haven't even attempted to market these holsters yet, and already people are all over for me, so it's been hard to get time for making additional templates. I'm only one guy, and can already see that I'm going to have to hire some help.

Here's a look at the back of the holster:

Isotope13_back_web.jpg

Isotope13_OD_web_05.jpg

Boy, from what I have read it seems like almost everyones go to gun is a Glock.

My current EDC is an M&P 9 FS, but, aside from .22LR plinkers, I really won't own any guns that I wouldn't GO TO.

It's my own design, and, aside from the fact that I use Kydex and eyelet rivets, it's very significantly divergent from the RCS Phantom design you reference. My holster is designed primarily to excel in the IWB role, with adaptability to OWB and MOLLE roles, which I believe is pretty much the opposite of Raven's angle of attack.

ETA> I see that our very hospitable host, David, has beat me to the punch. These are, indeed, the product of my little company, Secret City Weaponeers. I call it the K-25 Multi-Role Concealment Holster.

Are you Gary Brommeland?

...These are, indeed, the product of my little company, Secret City Weaponeers.....

What's the story on Gary Broomeland's stuff you're advertising?

Secret City Weaponeers - Professional Grade Survival Equipment - Isotope 7 Concealment Holsters

Like, how do you actually get him to make any in less than 3 years? :poop:

Or did you buy out Coal Creeks stock or something?

And isn't the "Isotope 7" same as what he calls "Maxcon 5"?

Inquiring minds want to know, TIA :puke:

- OS

What's the story on Gary Broomeland's stuff you're advertising?

Secret City Weaponeers - Professional Grade Survival Equipment - Isotope 7 Concealment Holsters

Like, how do you actually get him to make any in less than 3 years? :poop:

Or did you buy out Coal Creeks stock or something?

And isn't the "Isotope 7" same as what he calls "Maxcon 5"?

Inquiring minds want to know, TIA :puke:

- OS

The Isotope 7 Concealment Holster is something that Mr. Brommeland and I have had in the works for years. It is essentially a Brommeland Max Con V, with the purely aesthetic aspects of the boning reduced, to provide a top shelf concealment holster, salable at under the $100 mark. It's a bit of an economic sacrifice for both me and Mr. Brommeland. The holsters are marked "SCW" on the back, for Secret City Weaponeers, and have absolutely nothing to do with Coal Creek Armory. I call it the Isotope 7, because it is the 7th variant of Gary's Max Con holster concept (Max Con V being the 5th variant, and Max Con VI being the little known 6th variant). As for the long wait times you reference, I've been working on this with Gary for years, so I've waited as long as, or longer than anyone else. When I get my Isotope 7 holster batches in from Brommeland, they get loaded into my web store, so that customers may "BUY NOW" via a shopping cart. Essentially, I've done the waiting, so you don't have to, and I bite it on the margin, to get these premium holsters out to those who otherwise wouldn't be able to get over the psychological $100 holster berm. It is a sacrifice I have chosen to make, to establish Secret City Weaponeers as a brand of quality.

The Isotope 7 Concealment Holster is something that Mr. Brommeland and I have had in the works for years....

Ah, thanks for the detailed explanation, I'm impressed -- I wish you all the best with all your ventures, welcome aboard as a TGO vendor also!

- OS

Boy, from what I have read it seems like almost everyones go to gun is a Glock.

glocks....:poop:never owned a glock but I did sleep at a Holiday Inn Express last night. My go to: My Springfield XD9 4" Service Model. This thread like many others will go round and round about which is best in a "go to" situation. IMO, your go to gun is the one closest at hand when a handgun is required.....YMMV

Guest nj.piney

dont laugh , my favorite handgun is a star pd45 . i bought it off gunbroker two years ago , it was new in box unfired . i have put more than 600 rounds through it and it has never failed . i also have a colt defender and a colt commander , but the star is always in my holster when i go out .

Read this and changed my mind about posting a G 26 I picked up, used ,this summer for my wife ( before she took mine), got it from a newbie who listened to a friend, 5 weeks old, offered 400 and he took it !!! ( yes I checked , he bought it new in J. C.) I later heard he had a ND and was scared to death of it. My wife carried it for 2 mo. then decided it was too heavy. Looked at it in the safe yesterday and thought, I'll make someone a deal and get my money back, I don't really need 2 G 26's. After reading all the glock " kool-aid" I decided to just keep it around, after all I don't know for sure if the new ones will ever be as good. Yes, my 6yr. old G 19 is my "go to" gun too.