Nashville area people?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So which show should I go to? Fairgrounds or Franklin? I'm pulling towards the fairgrounds because of what I've heard about Franklin. The last time I went to Franklin, there were things on both levels but have heard it's not that big now.

The Franklin show isn't worth the trip or admittance. When they first started this show,

it was great..both levels full. Now, ( the last 3 times I've been there), no top level at

all, bottom level not near full. Dealers not happy either.

I'm going to the Nashville show. More to choose from. Bad idea to have two the same

weekend anyway.

Guest DELETED

I'm not a fan of the shows anymore. They used to be a great place to get a deal, but now you just pay 8 bucks to go into a room full of beef jerky, T shirts, antique shotguns, Sigmas, blow guns and native american jewelry.

Guest nicemac
I'm not a fan of the shows anymore. They used to be a great place to get a deal, but now you just pay 8 bucks to go into a room full of beef jerky, T shirts, antique shotguns, Sigmas, blow guns and native american jewelry.

You forgot cheap knives, bayonets and overpriced ammo.

Guest nicemac
i want to trade or sell an SKS for some ar goodies, franklin is closer for me but if its sucked i don't want to waste my time.

Everyone I know who has gone to the past couple of Franklin shows say "skip it."

I went to the Franklin show last month...not good. The Nashville Fairgrounds have been getting better. The prices seem to be coming down a lot there. I prefer to buy my guns from local dealers, but still love going to the shows...looking for a holster there tomorrow.

I agree, as will most everyone else, about the flea market junk. There was a time

when this was not allowed. Then came the time when another table sold didn't

matter what was on it. Can't really believe a gun dealer can't be found to fill

that slot. I've talked to several dealers that don't like the junk either. A turn-off

for all concerned. On the other hand, I'm not into knives either. LOL.

The last show I attended in Franklin had one table that looked like the aftermath

of an elk hunt, complete with antlers, hides, etc.

Perhaps a complaint box at the exit would help.....

My first Ag Center show was where I really got turned on about firearms and carrying, but that was a couple of years ago. Since then, it has steadily gone downhill. I took my son there to look at Glocks before Christmas, and to say that we were both very disappointed would be an understatement.

Of the two - go with the Goodman Show at the fairgrounds...

The Murfreesboro show is not bad.

I am irked I missed the Al Menah Shrine show, the first one was the largest I have seen in Nashville. Good selection, the unrelated stuff (gutters, cleaning sprays, etc.) were off, in a separate room from the guns and knives. Poor lighting, though.

The Williamson Ag Center show as much larger during the "OMG the Big O is gonna take our guns" buying push a while back. It has not recovered.

I took my son there to look at Glocks before Christmas, and to say that we were both very disappointed would be an understatement.

All Glocks look alike anyway. :rolleyes:

I have been to both shows and based on my last visit to each, I'll be going to the fairgrounds. A few years ago the RK show in Franklin was pretty good - but its been shrinking.

I saw a few of the same dealers at the last Fairgrounds show as I did at the Gallatin and the Al Shrine Show. The Fairgrounds had more to choose from and one dealer had the LCP for $265 as a special. I didn't see this deal at the other shows but I imagine you could get it if you asked for it.

I've always heard you could get a sweet deal at a show but I haven't walked in with cash to just see what kind of deal I could get. From past experience, cash would speak the same at any local dealer, so going to shows for me is seeing and handling many guns and noting the prices.

It's the Fairgrounds for me, Sunday may a few less folks.

My sentiments exactly!

I’ve been to them all… Fairgrounds, Franklin, Murfreesboro. If you are looking for new I would say the Fairgrounds will have the biggest selection of new guns. But the prices will probably be higher than your local dealer.

Buying or selling used; it’s hard to beat the net.