Beltman Belt Review

Guest db99wj

Guest db99wj

Got my Beltman belt in a couple of weeks ago. First impression, I could use it as a walking cane it was so stiff! Fit and finish are great, I bought the Cordovan 1 1/2" Dual Layer Bullhide belt with velcro sewn in, black square buckle. The color is a dark for Cordovan, but it is Cordovan, seems like other belts, and my previous belt was a lot lighter. It holds my XD 40 Service model in a CTAC kydex holster perfectly. I am on the 2nd hole but can make the 3rd fit. I'm losing a little weight and will be in hole 3 soon, but when I put it in hole 3, the fit is something else, it won't move at all. Even in the 2nd hole it doesn't move much, but that is because it is a little lose around my waist due to me waist size being in the middle. Comfort is great, I don't get fatigued at all with it. My old belt started out great, but toward the end (4 years old) it was not as stiff and didn't keep its form very great. I spent around $60 for that belt. Hoping this one last 4 plus years.

So, so far, very impressed, looks great, fits great, wears great.

Gun Belts by The Belt Man | tel. (919) 387-1997 | DUAL-LAYER BULL HIDE BELTS

bhbelt112.jpg

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Tom Givens

I've been wearing a Belt Man 1.5" sharkskin belt for over a year. It has a Glock 35 and 2 spare mag's on it every day and it has held up exceptionally well. Several of my staff also use them. Top quality, highly recommended.

I have had my Beltman for over 2 years and has been used daily.Normally a holster on the right side and a mag carrier on the left,the darn belt is like new yet.I dont know how long it takes to wear one out,possibly never.(well I hope anyways)

A good belt is a too often overlooked piece of equipment for CCWing. You just won't do it if you don't have a quality belt. They make all the difference in the world. I've heard nothing but good about Beltman belts. I can tell you he has very competitive prices.

Guest whoa5oh

anyone use the internal stiffener or is it stiff enough without it. i'll be carrying a glock 22 on it and at the moment all my belts are sagging and rolling from the weight.

anyone use the internal stiffener or is it stiff enough without it. i'll be carrying a glock 22 on it and at the moment all my belts are sagging and rolling from the weight.

Horsehide is stiff enough without it, even bullhide shuld be a lot stiffer than anything you've had before. I carry a 1911 so I would get the stiffener, I would consider the Glock a light carry gun. But you can't go wrong in getting the stiffner just in case.

I've had a Beltman 1.75" bullhide belt without the stiffener for nearly 5 years. It's been worn almost daily since then, along with a Springfield Armory XD-45 in a Serpa holster. It's held up incredibly well, and I won't be surprised if I get another 5 years out of it.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Guest peacexxl

I'm sure I would get it if I saw one but I don't understand what the "velcro sewn in" is for. Does this give extra support or hold tight between holes? What is the purpose.

I'm sure I would get it if I saw one but I don't understand what the "velcro sewn in" is for. Does this give extra support or hold tight between holes? What is the purpose.

It's for tucked holster set ups that use velcro attachments to be totally hidden behind belt. Meaning, no clips or loops showing over belt.

btw, no my Beltman doesn't have the stiff liner. Double thick bullhide is plenty for IWB on XD or OWB on anything including a Blackhawk.

- OS

Guest db99wj
db, how long did it take to get it? I wanted a Beltman belt, but when he said 40 days, I went with a Comp-Tac and never looked back. I wish I could compare the Comp-Tac and Beltman side-by-side.

34 days.

I needed a velcro-lined belt. I honestly can't see how it would be any better than my Comp-tac.

Bellman sells Velcro lined. Maybe its not any better but it's not any worse I can guarantee that! Plus I like. Having hand made, attention to detail, leather goods. Thats just me. I do have a Mtac holster that I love also