Bring your popcorn.... TR goodness in this thread.

Grab a beer and pop some popcorn, this should be an interesting read:

Tactical Response - Dont waste your time or your money - Page 1 - AR15.COM

Disclaimer:

I know James Yeager in real life, and he has always been friendly to me.

He is very supportive of local youth firearms safety programs via FoNRA.

I have never attended one of his classes, so I offer no opinion on his training practices.

Edited by BimmerFreak
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. Seems to me that Yeager should get some training in damage control, and a few other things. Did he train under Mr. Tune? The bad review isn't near as damaging as his public responses.

That’s what I was thinking. I would have replied “Your money has been refunded in full; Sorry you feel you wasted your time.â€

That stuff about having to get up in front of the class was hilarious. He’ll never be able to post anything about satisfaction guaranteed again. :)

That’s what I was thinking. I would have replied “Your money has been refunded in full; Sorry you feel you wasted your time.”

That stuff about having to get up in front of the class was hilarious. He’ll never be able to post anything about satisfaction guaranteed again. :)

Well said. If nothing else, awnser a serious complaint like this quickly, quietly, and humbly; ensuring that a dissatisfied customer will not cause you to lose far more than one class fee.

Guest bkelm18

Amusing. My personal thoughts on him is that he is trash, though I've never met him in person, only read about him in similar postings and of course his incident in Iraq (more or less what happened after than what went down during).

Guest grimel
Blaming that dumb azz Tex shooting himself on TR’s training made me laugh out loud.

It wasn't TR's training that caused Tex to shoot himself. Tex has been flirting with shooting himself since he decided he was enough of an authority to start reviewing "tactical" and defensive gear. It was at least 6 months AFTER his TR class that he shot multiple targets for the first time.

DISCLAIMER: I've never taken a TR class:

What Tex does in his videos and claims to have learned from Yeager I HIGHLY doubt Yeager is that much of an idiot. Tex seems unable to grasp the concept behind training and has so many bad habits ingrained from training himself I'm not sure Yeager could have done much in a group setting.

Guest grimel
DISCLAIMER: I've never taken a TR class:

What Tex does in his videos and claims to have learned from Yeager I HIGHLY doubt Yeager is that much of an idiot.

After reading the posted thread it seems I was wrong. Yeager is that much of an idiot.

Guest HankRearden

Yeager is a highly controversial individual with an obvious and questionable past. With the plethora of high quality trainers out there that don't have all of the drama swirling around them it is beyond me why anyone would choose to spend their hard earned money with him.

Also, I attended some classes with him where we were both students. This was long before his TR days and before his employment with ERM. I found him to be a loud, foul mouthed attention whore who spent entirely too much time talking about how great he was.

• Administrator

This speaks VOLUMES...

Latest email from Yeager. At this point I have decided to cease contact as it is clear this man is set in his ways.

Shane,

Posting your incorrect and hate filled threads will not make me reverse my policy that you freely admitted you violated.

I won’t lose hundreds of students. People can find the truth. You will not be the first person to try to ruin me.

The only thing worse than people talking badly about me is people NOT talking about me. Thanks for the marketing help!

James Yeager - CEO - Cell: 731-336-4602

Training: Tactical Response 877-7LETHAL

Gear: Tactical Response Gear 866-TAC-GEAR

The best tactical forum ever: LiveCloud - Powered by LiveCloud

Listen to our Podcasts at BLOG.YEAGERSCORNER.COM

See our Training videos: ‪JamesYeager's Channel‬‏ - YouTube

See our Gear videos: ‪TacticalResponseInc's Channel‬‏ - YouTube

Your class photos are available at: TacticalResponsePhotos

Follow me on FaceBook!

Red-letter emphasis, mine. What a way to run a business. :lol:

I have known people who worked with James Yeager overseas. All have had nothing positive to say about him. They said his work ethic was a bit off and that he was a "hothead" if approached about any of his shortcomings. They also said he also wasn't as knowledgeable as he had played himself up to be. They said it seemed it was more about being able to brag than anything else and his history since seems to back that assertion up.

James Yeager was over there for a very limited time before a screw up on his part cost some folks their lives. After that he was never able to find work overseas again. And honestly it does take a pretty substantial screw up for the companies to not use you after the money they spent on training, clearances, plane tickets and a lot of other costs. It is such a small community that a reputation, good or bad, stays with you and gets around rather quickly.

His screw up is how Tactical Response was born, he was able to turn lemons into lemonade. I am glad he is able to rebound from what has happened but for me he is doing nothing more than duping people out of their money. He makes sure to mention he spent time working as a contractor but never mentions there are people dead because of HIS mistakes while doing it.

He is like a lot of other high profile instructors out there (Pat Rogers). They market themselves well but have very little to actually offer. I have watched a lot of videos of his courses and all have a hill billy, hold my beer kind of unprofessional feel about them.

There are plenty of other great schools out there for the money. They offer a lot more training without all the ego inflated chest thumping bravado James does.

Dolomite

Guest Plainsman

James Yeager was over there for a very limited time before a screw up on his part cost some folks their lives. After that he was never able to find work overseas again. And honestly it does take a pretty substantial screw up for the companies to not use you after the money they spent on training, clearances, plane tickets and a lot of other costs. It is such a small community that a reputation, good or bad, stays with you and gets around rather quickly.

His screw up is how Tactical Response was born, he was able to turn lemons into lemonade. I am glad he is able to rebound from what has happened but for me he is doing nothing more than duping people out of their money. He makes sure to mention he spent time working as a contractor but never mentions there are people dead because of HIS mistakes while doing it.

I've done a little curious research into this incident that everyone on the internet keeps referring to, and I've watched some video where they claim all this went down, stating that he ran away from the fight and hid in a ditch. Now I'm no operator, so I ask how whatever happened can be blamed solely on him from watching a minute video. I guess that small community would know why his reputation is what it is, but it seems that most info comes from some armchair commando who really doesn't know much other than what they themselves read on the 'net. Not defending him at all....I would just really like to know.

With all the controversy behind TR, I will certainly put my money towards training somewhere else, like Shootrite for instance which is of equal distance away from me. Good training to some, worthless to some...I just won't be risking it either way at this point. I guess its just too bad that I'll miss out on the "team room" that everyone talks about.

I've done a little curious research into this incident that everyone on the internet keeps referring to, and I've watched some video where they claim all this went down, stating that he ran away from the fight and hid in a ditch. Now I'm no operator, so I ask how whatever happened can be blamed solely on him from watching a minute video. I guess that small community would know why his reputation is what it is, but it seems that most info comes from some armchair commando who really doesn't know much other than what they themselves read on the 'net. Not defending him at all....I would just really like to know.

It's not what he did during the fight, it was his actions after that landed him in hot water and gave him the reputation he carries. In his AAR he basically blamed everyone but himself.