Surefire batteries locally?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have never seen CR123A batteries at Wal-Mart which is weird because they are supposed to carry everything.

FWIF I got a decent deal on a 12 pack of Streamlight 123 batteries on Amazon.

I'>Amazon.com: Streamlight 85177 CR123A Lithium Batteries, 12-Pack: Home Improvementt looks like the price has gone up since I ordered mine a few months ago though. I'm not sure if they are any better or worse than Surefire batteries.

I have never seen CR123A batteries at Wal-Mart which is weird because they are supposed to carry everything.

They're in with the digital camera accessories in the photo area. A bit pricey as I recall.

Pretty much any good gun shop should carry them. However, Surefire is a little too expensive for my taste. I order my batteries from Battery Junction online. You can buy Titanium Innovations batteries for less than a dollar a piece vs $2-3 Surefire batteries. I use these for recreational purposes.

Lowes carries Surefire CR123s in pairs for less than $5.00. They're right up by the checkout.

I go by Lowes quite often and pick up a couple sets when I am running low. Bass pro has them as well, and my local gun shop carries Surefire as well.

The sleeve of batts for $20 is good deal. While back at a gun show in Nash gun show a dealer had the surefires sleeves for $20 also.

Not sure if 10 or 12 but I'd never pay more than $3 each max.

The camera shops get up to $9.95 EACH for them 123's. Check around, you will find the deal you wont say no to !

Guest twpayne75

I get mine from Brightflashlights.com. Great service, great prices. Do your homework on the chinese batteries. Go to Candlepowerforums.com and read about and see pictures of what happens when chinese batteries explode. It's not worth grenading a 2-300 dollar light to save a few bucks on a battery.

If I am completely out and need batteries quick, I place an order and then go to Lowes as mentioned earlier.

Guest twpayne75
I buy mine from brightflashlights.com. He sells rebranded Rayovacs (Made in USA). Friends don't let friends use Chinese batteries.

ETA: I see twpayne75 and I think alike.

What is that about great minds..............:up:

• 2 weeks later...

I don't have a flashlight that uses them but I am a dedicated e-cig user, and the "mod" (big battery e-cig) I have uses the LifeP04 CR123a batteries. Batteryjunction.com has really good deals on 6 Tenergy LifeP04 batteries and charger included for something like $30.00. Rechargeable ones are the way to go if you ask me. I've been using Tenergy's for about a year now and they are pretty good, although if you really want a good rechargeable battery, AW brand is the way to go.