Do I really want a Glock?

Caster

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TresOsos
That whole gun is ugly to me, but I am the weirdo who hates the 1911 remember? I don't fit in well because of it.

I like 1911's and the thing is ugly to me too.

Guest TresOsos

Also Caster remember if you get the Glock and don't like the grip or whatever, you can go to Hobby Lobby and get one of those wood buring kits and fix it.

Guest Catfish36

"Do I really want a Glock?"

YES!

My carry weapon is the GLOCK 27. Love it.

The XD is a fine piece of machinery. Nice trigger. Like the "one in chamber" notice button. May get one someday. But I have no plans on getting rid of my Glock for it.

The Glock shoots fine right out of the box. Have shot a variety of ammo through it and never a problem.

Also, consider the fact that Glock Mags are all interchangable...and for around $100 I can get a conversion barrel to change my .40 to a 9mm in a matter of seconds..drop in a 9 mag and you have cheaper range ammo.

Just my opinion.

i have a HK P2000sk in 9mm LEM and love it. If you're looking for a little bigger than its bigger brother p2000. I don't think theres a better looking polymer frame gun out there. Reliability has never been an issue for me.

Hk has great customer service.

photo-1.jpg

Edited by sigbrown1297
Guest drv2fst
I have heard that for years. I have NEVER been witness to it though. Everyone I ever saw was very accurate. There's a video I watched last night the old guy is shooting it at like 80 yards. I can't do that!

Maybe it's just me. I take the glock, hk, kahr, and 1911 to the range. I can shoot reasonably well with all of them but my groups with the glock will be the worst of the lot.

Maybe it's just me. I take the glock, hk, kahr, and 1911 to the range. I can shoot reasonably well with all of them but my groups with the glock will be the worst of the lot.

I had that problem. I blame the trigger. The Glock and I were not very compatible.

Guest JHansonLPN

I've owned, shot, and carried a crazy variety of guns over the years, and have now scaled it down to nothing but golcks. They are great guns, fairly priced, easy to find parts, mags, and holsters for. Insanely durable and reliable. My G17 is pushing 1500 rds with absolutely no malfunctions...ever.

whats your criteria?

Well, I've been going on about it incessantly the whole thread:)

Parts availability isn't number one on the list, but it's close. Warranties don't mean anything to me because I'm probably going to fix it myself or sell it. I've sent guns back before, I don't like doing it for a few reasons.

There will come a day when warranty won't mean anything to anyone....You'll need to be able to handle that yourself. I'm not a smart man so I'm going for simplest and most available. I have spare parts for every gun that really means something to me. Example, for every AR own I keep a complete BCG and even more extra small parts, cam pins firing pins and what not.

My XD has the reliability but not the aftermarket support. That's where I am heading. I used to go to great lengths to set myself apart, but there's a comfort in using the same thing as everyone else. It's going to have all the kinks worked out, it's going to be proven more times than anyone wants to read about. It's much like the Snap-on tool users. They don't use them because they are pretty. They use them often and they want to KNOW it'll work when they need it.

I'll make an unholy blasphemous confession here. I've kinda lost my taste for refined classy guns; the exotic, rare, unconventional....I just don't care anymore. I love to shoot, and I actually like being a creature of habit.

I live by the motto "everything I have is for sale for the right price". But I'd think long and hard before parting with my G19.

The way I see it, if you have an XD, why not try a Glock? If you don't like it you can sell it fast, less tax and background. Especially if it's a 19

I have heard that for years. I have NEVER been witness to it though. Everyone I ever saw was very accurate. There's a video I watched last night the old guy is shooting it at like 80 yards. I can't do that!

I saw Larry Vickers hit a human size target at 250 yards in only 2 tries on Tac TV with a Glock 20

"Glocks are ugly..." who cares.

"Glocks have the wrong grip angle..." That depends on what you're used to.

"Glocks aren't very accurate..." They are more accurate than 99% of the people who own them.

"Glock triggers suck..." Parts can be changed and proper trigger techniques can be learned.

I understand what you are trying to do Caster. All I own are ARs and Glocks.

Buy a 19, get a after market barrel and put a lot of lead through it. If you don't like it at first give it some time and you will.

I bought six of the cheap ($7) Korean mags a while back and have used them exclusively (at range/competition) trying to see if they would cause any malfunctions.... 2500 rounds and zero malfunctions so far.

Guest steve24

I think every collection should include a Glock. I'm a big fan of them myself and I've been seriously considering trading in my XD45 on a G36 or G30SF so I could add another Glock to my collection.

Glock is a great gun and if that’s all you have and carry you would not be considered foolish. The grip angle is the problem I have with the gun. The angle itself is not incorrect, but going back and forth between a glock and a conventional grip firearm may be. I was going to get a glock for asuppressor host, but got a 9mm XDm instead. I can pick a spot on the wall, close my eyes pull my carry gun and when I open my eye the sights will be alignedand on the spot. I can also do this with a XDm. I would shoot the crap out of a glock. My fear is that I would get accustom to the grip angle and it would translateto my carry gun if I ever had to use it in a self defenses situation. Shootinga bad guy in the foot is not how I want to go out.

I've owned, shot, and carried a crazy variety of guns over the years, and have now scaled it down to nothing but glocks. They are great guns, fairly priced, easy to find parts, mags, and holsters for. Insanely durable and reliable. My G17 is pushing 1500 rds with absolutely no malfunctions...ever.

This. I could have saved myself a ton of time and money if I had started out with a Glock 19, a quality holster, quality belt, quality mag carrier, and quality training. For civilian self defense purposes, the Glock is a tough gun to beat. If you don't like the gun, you can sell it for nearly the same price you paid for it. The out of the box trigger is much better than most guns and with the $0.25 trigger job + the competition spring, it's just about perfect for me. I find that most people who don't like the Glock trigger are not the type to have trained on trigger reset, etc. In that category you have folks who swear by Glocks and M&Ps. (like me)

What's troubling to me is that a lot of the guys here who don't like Glocks are concerned with it being "ugly" or the unattractive shape of the cocking serrations. Seriously? If I have to present my pistol in a self defense situation, the last thing I'm going to be concerned with is if the bad guy thinks my gun is ugly. All I care about is that it works, and it does that very well, every single time.

I don't disagree with or dispute the first half of your argument at all.

What's troubling to me is that a lot of the guys here who don't like Glocks are concerned with it being "ugly" or the unattractive shape of the cocking serrations. Seriously? If I have to present my pistol in a self defense situation, the last thing I'm going to be concerned with is if the bad guy thinks my gun is ugly. All I care about is that it works, and it does that very well, every single time.

This part, however, has some wiggle room. Owning a Glock is like wearing overalls or driving a Toyota Prius. The are excellent at getting their intended job done, but aren't the most stylish of choices. The overalls will get you funny looks at the office Christmas party and the Prius will get you laughed at by your huntin'/drinkin' buddies. I have enough trouble hanging onto what few "cool points" I have left.

Okay, seriously though...I agree. It's a concealed tool that works...well. When I have to use it, who cares what it looks like. I have pretty range guns too, though, and they're more fun to shoot.