Chick Fil A in Memphis: Now Carry Friendly

Guest TAFKAP

Guest TAFKAP

I posted also in the "Prohibited Locations" section. To my knowledge, the CFA location at 4619 Poplar is the only one. I'm still waiting on feedback from corporate regarding their policy.

580780_564923083015_56400417_31036076_1605087186_n.jpg

Edited by strickj
Never understood the hype over their mediocre, over-priced food, so it won't be difficult to stay away from that place.
Definitely was better when it was free! My sister used to bring home food all the time or give me coupons for free stuff but it's not good enough to pay that crazy price. I'll go to Taco Bell and get double the food for half the price!

Definitely was better when it was free! My sister used to bring home food all the time or give me coupons for free stuff but it's not good enough to pay that crazy price. I'll go to Taco Bell and get double the food for half the price!

Taco Hell? Jesus Christ, people are complaining about Obama eating a dog and this place serves them everyday.

joke

Edited by ls3_kid
Guest ArmyVeteran37214

Yep. I will not give my money to any business that forces me to disarm.

But your not being disarmed if your are using the drive-thru! You get to remain in you comfy car seat and remaind armed.

Guest TAFKAP

***UPDATE***

Here is the brief, limp-wristed response from CFA Corporate:

Dear Mr. TAFKAP:

Thank you for taking the time to contact Chick-fil-A. You are very important to us, and we appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us about this restaurant not allowing customers to bring in handguns. Please rest assured that your comments will be shared appropriately

Because most Chick-fil-A Restaurants are independently operated, I have forwarded your correspondence to Scott Malone, Operator of the Poplar Avenue Restaurant, so that your issue can be shared and addressed.

Again, thank you for your time and interest in Chick-fil-A.

Sincerely,

Jay D

Chick-fil-A CARES

IN RESPONSE TO MY ORIGINAL SUBMITTAL TO THEM, SHOWN BELOW

Comments:Chick-Fil-A has been a part of my life since I can ever remember. I remember eating there in malls since I was a young child. I was working the night Memphis's FIRST F.S.U. opened on Germantown Road in 1997, as CFA was my first tax-paying job. I have been a longtime and happy customer, and a proud former employee. Unfortunately, Chick-Fil-A and I will be parting ways this morning. As a responsible, law-abiding handgun carrier in TN, I was disappointed to see that the location at 4916 Poplar Avenue no longer welcomes my business. As a company that enjoys the support of a typically conservative customer base, I was suprised to see a "No Handguns Allowed" sign on your door. It is my understanding that since Chick-Fil-A only welcomes unarmed patrons, I will unfortunately be in compliance with your wishes. I will spend my money at stores that respect an individual's legal and responsible right to carry a gun in TN, and I will ensure that no other handgun carrier violates your wishes. Thank you for a long run of enjoyable food, good service, and an early work ethic. I hope one day you welcome my business back again, as I will miss the spicy chickeN that I so long hoped for.

Guest TAFKAP

Never understood the hype over their mediocre, over-priced food, so it won't be difficult to stay away from that place.

CFA is the only fast food joint I will patronize anymore.....well, it was, anyway.

1) As a former employee, I have been elbow deep more times than I care to recall in chicken breasts. So I know their food is of a much better quality than other fast food joints, who typically receive cases of prepackaged and frozen bricks of chicken. I've ground my knuckles raw on many lemon juicers, rather than opening a can of frozen concentrate mix.

2) As a former employee, I know how well the restaurants are run, and how they foster a responsible work ethic for all employees. They also taught you customer service, not an order taker. Compare the service at CFA with that of your typical McDonalds.

3) CFA is active in the communities they serve, with individual franchise owners living locally near the store.

4) Many people appreciate their Christian oriented business model, and like their family-oriented way of operating a business.

Guest db99wj

Talk with Scott Malone, seems to be a reasonable guy. He is the owner operator, tall red headed guy. I've talked with him a few times, I don't know him personally. He is there, or suppose to be, everyday.

Weird, every time I've ever been in that one there are always a ton of cops there. Given I don't go there often but when I'm Memphis i do. Maybe he just feels that do to the amount of law enforcement that individuals shouldn't carry, though I disagree.

CFA is the only fast food joint I will patronize anymore.....well, it was, anyway.

1) As a former employee, I have been elbow deep more times than I care to recall in chicken breasts. So I know their food is of a much better quality than other fast food joints, who typically receive cases of prepackaged and frozen bricks of chicken. I've ground my knuckles raw on many lemon juicers, rather than opening a can of frozen concentrate mix.

2) As a former employee, I know how well the restaurants are run, and how they foster a responsible work ethic for all employees. They also taught you customer service, not an order taker. Compare the service at CFA with that of your typical McDonalds.

3) CFA is active in the communities they serve, with individual franchise owners living locally near the store.

4) Many people appreciate their Christian oriented business model, and like their family-oriented way of operating a business.

This. We eat there regularly, for all the above. Ours isn't posted. Doubt it ever will be.