2013 Ford which one?

2013 Car  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Which car Should I get?

• 2013 Ford Boss 302 Mustang
    • 2013 Ford Focus ST

Well the wife and I decided that we need a car, so along with my Truck and her SUV we are trying to decide between these two Fords, and yes they are the only 2 that I will consider since I am a Ford man and these fit into our budget,

Big price difference. Both are very cool, but I had to vote for the Focus only because of gas mileage. Since I commute 60 miles one way to work, that unfortunately has to be my top priority. I hated spending $600 - 800 a month on gas when I only had my truck. However, if gas mileage is no concern and you can afford it, might as well get the Mustang.

• Administrator

I'm going to surprise you and say the Focus ST. You guys already own two thirsty vehicles, same as us. If there's one thing I'd add to our stable at the moment it would be a smaller car with better MPG for times when we just need to get from point-A to point-B and would like to save a little on fuel.

I'm going to surprise you and say the Focus ST. You guys already own two thirsty vehicles, same as us. If there's one thing I'd add to our stable at the moment it would be a smaller car with better MPG for times when we just need to get from point-A to point-B and would like to save a little on fuel.

Funny you should say that David, that is just what I was thinking! what sucks is I cannot use my X-Plan on either vehicles

I guess I am the only one that thought the Focus ST was cool. Figures. :lol:

Believe it or not Eric, I agree with you the Focus ST is the coolest car that will offer the gas mileage and should be a blast to drive. I guess the biggest selling point for me aside from Gas mileage is that it will fit in small parking spaces something that my Gas guzzlers can not do,

thinking about the Tangerine Scream

http://blog.caranddriver.com/2013-ford-focus-st-headed-to-l-a-auto-show-debuting-new-torque-steer-compensation-system/

Edited by willis68

I know you said Focus or Mustang, but I am really digging on the new model Fusion.

Just because of my bias, since that is what I am leaning towards for my family, I just have to throw that out there.

However, the Mustang would be a definite contender for me, and the value will remain higher than the Focus.

I know you said Focus or Mustang, but I am really digging on the new model Fusion.

Just because of my bias, since that is what I am leaning towards for my family, I just have to throw that out there.

However, the Mustang would be a definite contender for me, and the value will remain higher than the Focus.

The Fusion is a great car, don't get me wrong But the Boss and the Focus ST are very Special Vehicles, my Wife and Kids are used to riding in my Raptor so they have become accustomed to riding in a high performance Vehicle and like my driving style in them, so to keep them happy and especially me I have to go with one of these :cool:

Focus ST. I think they're sexy!

Gotta agree with you Daddy O aside from the looks for the Money I think it is the baddest little4 door sports car on the Planet weighing 3150 Lbs with 247HP and 266 Ft Lbs of Torque it will be a Blast to drive so I think I will bypass the Mustang and go with this one!

As a big fan of BBC's Top Gear, I'd vote for the Focus ST. Not that I wouldn't like a Boss Mustang, but having seen reports on some of the British Focus models; I think that they would be a screaming blast to drive.

I gotta vote for the Stang. I would almost feel I would have to turn my man card in when I bought a focus. Accorse I don't have kids and don't put alot of miles on my personal vehicle.

Edited by Pain103

The Focus would be the more practical of the two, having four doors.

I keep waiting for them to bring the AWD Focus stateside, but they have yet to do that.

However, if price weren't an issue, I still don't know if I could get past the Mustang.

Don't they offer an AWD Ecoboost Fusion? *EDIT* Eh, they will, but it will only be the 2.0L Model. Making the Focus a better performer.

Edited by Murgatroy

I'm getting a Boss Laguna Seca. Does that answer your question? :pleased:

What color are you going with?

That is an awesome car, I need the back seat or i would be looking at the Laguna this is the last year of the retro body style before Ford ruins the look of the Mustang so that Boss is very tempting i still have a few months to think about it but I love those 302's if i get one it has to be Red as per the wife ( a compromise that I can live with)

I say Focus, but then I'm more about practical than flash. But then I'm also the guy who says that new cars are a sucker's bet. I let you guys take the butt pounding on that initial 2-3 years worth of depreciation. I'll stick to buying nice 3 year old used cars and driving them until they fall apart. Rinse and repeat. (got 278,000 miles out of my last car, just about to cross 100K on the current car)

Edited by BryanP
  • Like 1