Another damn Yankee

Just moved to the tri-cities area from New Hampshire last October. We actually passed through this area the Winter before last in an RV on our way to the Gulf Coast and thought what a nice area this would be to retire to. Fast forward a year & here we are. I've been a member of the falfiles forum, akfiles, & ar15.com for many years and my passion is the FN FAL rifles. Still finding my way around the area, looking for a place to shoot, etc. Back in NH we enjoyed the same reasonable gun laws that you all have here but I lived there most of my life so I knew lots of guys who had gravel pit & places like that where we could shoot. Here I may end up joining a range like the one in Kingsport unless someone has a better suggestion. Anyway if ya'll don't mind a Yankee hanging around I think I'll give this forum a shot. Any other falfiles members shoot me a PM.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome! We take the opposite stance on sales tax that New Hampshire does, but we love our guns!

I prefer to have a sales tax. It dosn't hurt as much. One of the reasons for leaving NH other than being tired of the bitter cold was my property tax. Up there it was 5k a year. The taxes on my place here are $365 a year. Thanks for the warm welcome guys. My other passions are messing with old cars & they are all over the place here. In NH they all went to the crusher years ago because of the rust. And Nascar. I went to pretty much every race they ever had at NHMS, even worked security at a couple of races but here we are within driving distance of several tracks.

Guest pfries

Welcome, also from NE area of the state, we have a few areas to shoot and a nice facility in Piney Flats that is an indoor range (unfortunately across the street from where I work but that is another posts topic) If you are close and would like to meet up to play... shoot me a PM.

• 2 weeks later...

Just moved to the tri-cities area from New Hampshire last October. We actually passed through this area the Winter before last in an RV on our way to the Gulf Coast and thought what a nice area this would be to retire to. Fast forward a year & here we are. I've been a member of the falfiles forum, akfiles, & ar15.com for many years and my passion is the FN FAL rifles. Still finding my way around the area, looking for a place to shoot, etc. Back in NH we enjoyed the same reasonable gun laws that you all have here but I lived there most of my life so I knew lots of guys who had gravel pit & places like that where we could shoot. Here I may end up joining a range like the one in Kingsport unless someone has a better suggestion. Anyway if ya'll don't mind a Yankee hanging around I think I'll give this forum a shot. Any other falfiles members shoot me a PM.

Welcome aboard.

Old cars are plentiful down there, just be careful, some folks get real proud of what they have. Don't mistake their pride for value.

If you tinker around and play your patience, it is feasible to get into a nice solid project for under $3k, depending what you are looking for.

I guess I'll have to find a BBQ place to hang out at. I've given up on finding a fried clam shack. Thanks for the welcome guys. Went to the gun show at the fairgrounds in Grey today and ran into 1 guy carrying a FAL. Not alot of vendors compared to some of the larger shows up north but it seemed like a good crowd and the weather was great.

I guess I'll have to find a BBQ place to hang out at. I've given up on finding a fried clam shack. Thanks for the welcome guys. Went to the gun show at the fairgrounds in Grey today and ran into 1 guy carrying a FAL. Not alot of vendors compared to some of the larger shows up north but it seemed like a good crowd and the weather was great.

After finding some good BBQ, you'll forget about fried clams.