empire state building shooting

http://online.wsj.co...cleTabs=article

Their encounter was over in eight seconds. The officers, who had been standing nearly close enough to shake hands with Mr. Johnson, fired almost immediately.

Nine bystanders were wounded in the 16-shot volley, all by stray or ricocheting police bullets. None of their injuries was life-threatening, police said.

GET THEE TO A RANGE.......
Edited by Curiousgb

http://online.wsj.co...cleTabs=article

Their encounter was over in eight seconds. The officers, who had been standing nearly close enough to shake hands with Mr. Johnson, fired almost immediately.

Nine bystanders were wounded in the 16-shot volley, all by stray or ricocheting police bullets. None of their injuries was life-threatening, police said.

GET THEE TO A RANGE.......

Or, at least open your eyes when you start shooting :)

• Like 1

to be fair, today's report is saying no direct hits, its all ricochets & frags that hit the 9.

To be fair, they shot 9 bystanders. In all that Bloomberg approved training, you think they may have mentioned that bullets bounce off concrete?

Edited by mikegideon
  • Like 2

to be fair, today's report is saying no direct hits, its all ricochets & frags that hit the 9.

Well maybe they should have used less than lethal means or attempted to get a better shot away from civies? Even though I know that's hard in such a congested area. I mean heck they have taser's don't they? Dunno how that will make a person with a gun react though. Edited by gjohnsoniv

Well maybe they should have used less than lethal means or attempted to get a better shot away from civies? Even though I know that's hard in such a congested area. I mean heck they have taser's don't they? Dunno how that will make a person with a gun react though.

Maybe. Or they should have had safety slugs loaded for city work. Lots of could have/ should have / blah blah to think about. From what little we know, I probably would have shot too and the ricochets go where they will --- 1/2 a second to shoot or be shot, no time for anything else.

The video shows a lot, guy whips out a gun and points at the LEOs, not a lot of time to play with a taser or change weapons.

Edited by Jonnin

Maybe. Or they should have had safety slugs loaded for city work. Lots of could have/ should have / blah blah to think about. From what little we know, I probably would have shot too and the ricochets go where they will --- 1/2 a second to shoot or be shot, no time for anything else.

The video shows a lot, guy whips out a gun and points at the LEOs, not a lot of time to play with a taser or change weapons.

Well yes we can all sit back and armchair quarter back it, but I'm just saying that they could have gone about it a different way.

Cnn tied it to aurora, the sikh shooting & asked 'are mass murder sprees on the rise?' Never you mind about the 19 people dead in chicago primarily from gang related gun violence. That doesn't fit their antigun agenda.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

• Moderators

If this is To be classified with Aurora and the Sikh temple shooting, does that make the NYPD the perpetrators of this mass shooting? I mean the original shooter only shot one guy, the police hit 10 including the shooter.

Edited by Chucktshoes

To correct my earlier scoreboard with up-to-date reports...

56 yr old fashion designer: 5 shots, 5 hits, 1 kill, 0 bystanders wounded

the NYPD (trained pros): 16 shots, 7 hits, 1 kill, 9 bystanders wounded

I'm no less impressed that the bystanders were hit by ricochets. And like gregintenn says, what if a civie had injured that many people with his firearm in an equally lawful situation?

Can you all imagine the headlines if an HCP holder had done all the shooting the NYPD did? :confused:
  • Moderators
Based on what I've read, not all were hit by shrapnel. Some were actually shot.

Same here. Based upon the reports I have seen, at least three and as many as five were actually shot. The remainder were ricochet and shrapnel wounds.

the video looks like something from a movie.

cops duck and dodge , bad guy gets shot ,falls over and rolls on his back.

cant believe 9 people got hit and all are ok. here i am worrying about hitting a neighbor in the face 130 yards away after penetrating the walls of my house.

Same here. Based upon the reports I have seen, at least three and as many as five were actually shot. The remainder were ricochet and shrapnel wounds.

I just read an article on fox's website (45 min ago) that stated two full bullets were removed from patients, rest was ricochets.

These news agencies can print whatever they want, whenever they want, so who knows if we'll ever know exactly. (we probably won't).

I think I just heard the best rebuttal for the idiots wanting more gun control... When talking with a dumby about this stuff, I get so mad I can barely stand up... Anyways, one of my old buddies just said when he gets into a debate with someone about it, he just says "instead of banning guns, why don't they just outlaw murder instead?"

That's a fantastic way to end the argument

• Like 1

I've always said if someone does not care about breaking God's law, why would they care about breaking man's law?

Ive never seen any data to suggest that agnostics and atheists are less law abiding than folks as a whole.

- OS

Edited by OhShoot
  • Like 1

How did you get that from his post?

I thought the same thing when I read that strange comment.

An atheist or agnostic would not be following "god's law" (whatever that is, are we talking leviticus? the 10 commandments? Shairia? Jewish? Hindu? Buddah? ....... ??!!!) but might still follow most of man's laws (does not murder, steal, rape, or drive at excessive speed?). IE there are plenty of law abiding folks that follow the laws of their state and country without burning any animals or whatever.