The Walking Dead Season 3!!

CM1021

[quote name='OhShoot' timestamp='1352084491' post='839236']
Oh, probably powdered milk in the prison supplies.

Well, no more Lori for folks to dislike.
[/quote]

I know that its a TV show about zombies so i shouldn't expect any form of realism, but powdered milk and formula both have a shelf life of about a year. Powdered milk can be extended by preparing and packaging it specifically for long term storage, but i doubt that the prison has any.

[quote name='c.a.willard' timestamp='1352096212' post='839297']
I know that its a TV show about zombies so i shouldn't expect any form of realism, but powdered milk and formula both have a shelf life of about a year. Powdered milk can be extended by preparing and packaging it specifically for long term storage, but i doubt that the prison has any.
[/quote]I believe aseptic packaging (not sure if I'm spelling that correctly) can provide a very long shelf life for milk...however, I can't say it's anything I've looked into recently. :)

I've not read the book(s) so maybe this was how they go but I have to say, I don't like having characters I've come to care about (yes, I know how silly that sounds) get killed off.

I have to agree, I won't miss Lori as much as TBone but those are just the latest in a long line of this group I've hated to see get killed off...I guess what I'm saying is that ultimately, I want to see the "good guys" win and in this case, the good guys are decent people who aren't zombies...seeing them getting picked off is making it hard for me to keep following the show.
[quote name='RobertNashville' timestamp='1352131845' post='839379']
.......seeing them getting picked off is making it hard for me to keep following the show.
[/quote]

I have the opposite reaction. Departing from the "good guy always wins" convention makes it more tense, and emphasizes just how dangerous a world like that would be. More "realistic" drama which overrides a good bit of the inherent [i]un[/i]realistic premise in the first place.

Since anyone seems to be fair game for croaking, it makes the whole thing a bit more unsettling.

- OS Edited by OhShoot
  • Like 3
[quote name='OhShoot' timestamp='1352134737' post='839410']
I have the opposite reaction. Departing form the "good guy always wins" convention makes it more tense, and emphasizes just how dangerous a world like that would be. More "realistic" drama which overrides a good bit of the inherent [i]un[/i]realistic premise in the first place.

Since anyone seems to be fair game for croaking, it makes the whole thing a bit more unsettling.

- OS
[/quote]

I agree. Sucks to see T-Dog get killed, but as you said, emphasizes that it isn't a safe world. Not even walls and fences can keep them safe.

I don't think we need to see members of an already small group get killed off to prove it's a dangerous world...this is TV drama done for entertainment; not a documentary done to educate.

I've invested a good bit of time and emotion into this show (if I wasn't willing to do that I wouldn't bother to watch)...and as silly as I know this sounds, I guess I care about what happens to these people. :-\

Guest rebeldrummer

[quote name='RobertNashville' timestamp='1352136035' post='839422']
I don't think we need to see members of an already small group get killed off to prove it's a dangerous world...this is TV drama done for entertainment; not a documentary done to educate.

I've invested a good bit of time and emotion into this show (if I wasn't willing to do that I wouldn't bother to watch)...and as silly as I know this sounds, I guess I care about what happens to these people. :-\
[/quote]
i agree...its kind of hard not to when you do in fact put your time into "getting into" the show.

T- Dog getting killed....sucked, will be missed...but what an AWESOME way to go out! a hero

Lori...sucks yea, for Rick and the boy (and the baby) but I will cope just fine. Her as a character got on my nerves.

I think that Merle will have issues w/ the Gov over his brother. I think that it will play out something like this...the Gov goes with him...they find them...something happens and the Gov is going to kill Darryl (or Rick, or Carl)....Merle saves him...now Rick has an issue on his hands (let him in or keep him at bay?!?!)

Now, also, it did NOT show Carl shooting his mother. You only heard the shot. The next episode will show her (Rick going to see her) I would say...however, what a twist that would be?!?! Zombie Lori....possible, but unlikely.

Summary.....that was a FREAKING AWESOME EPISODE that made up for the weeks before show!

Guest cardcutter
In the books the only two that are safe are Rick and Carl.
In the book the Governor killed Lori and the baby. His people saw him do it and turned on him. I wonder now where that story line will go.
Also what Michoen does to the Gov. in the book cannot be put on TV. I wonder how that will develop
T-dog was already expendable. Then he was made more so by adding in another token black guy with muscles and little dialog. It was going to be him or the big inmate sooner or later. My money was on T-Dog because of the emotional investment viewers have in the original crew. If the inmate got it, it's not as impactful/dramatic.

I agree that only Rick and Carl are safe. I don't think he'll become Shane 2.0 in the sense of becoming a sociopath, but I can see him cracking down on discipline in the group more.
Guest The Dude
Theres going to be beef with the Merle and the Gov. They already set that pretext. I also think that when Merle confronts Rick again, Daryl will step in and set his brother strait on what went down after Merle left the rooftop. I feel Merle may be the missing link to Ricks group, as well as Michonne. And Merle can fill Rick and the others in on what type of operation the Gov. is running, and just how corrupt he really is.

I dont think Rick will go completely nuts like Shane did. Its hard to say. He's having some tuff times at the moment. I'll be pissed if they kill of Daryl. He's prolly the most important member of the group IMO.

It remains to be seen if Olive oil was killed or not. I dont know just yet, but I wanna say she is, but sounds of a gunshot just isnt enough. But just like Carol, knowbody knows.
All right. I'm slow. Just finished watching this episode. Whoaa!!! Dang!! What a ride!!!

T-dog gone. Lori gone. Carl, Wow!! And Rick....best reactions from him in all the seasons. Great!!

And about little studdly Carl and Hershel's daughter. Hmmm? The way this show goes, maybe she's next on the hit list. And he has to put her down??

Just my thoughts.
  • Like 1
Guest rebeldrummer
[quote name='jero100' timestamp='1352165749' post='839716']
Anybody think possibly Carl couldn't go thru with it?
[/quote]

Read post 184....I do. Thought it right after the scene was over
Guest Lester Weevils
[quote name='cardcutter' timestamp='1352140621' post='839441']
In the book the Governor killed Lori and the baby. His people saw him do it and turned on him. I wonder now where that story line will go.
Also what Michoen does to the Gov. in the book cannot be put on TV. I wonder how that will develop
[/quote]

Hi Cardcutter. I haven't read the last few issues of the comix. IIRC, the last ones I read, Glenn, Maggie, Michonne and Carol were still above-ground. Have any of them been killed off so far in the comix? I read up to after the wash dc compound was over-run, then they meet the trade emissary from a neighboring compound.
Guest cardcutter
HI Lester
I only read up to #85. It sounds about like where you are so I don't know. They are taking the show in a few directions the books didn't go but it is still good.

[quote name='cardcutter' timestamp='1352140621' post='839441']
[/quote]

Actually one of the townspeople shot Lori, realized she was pregnant, shot the Governor, and fed him to the walkers because he told all the townspeople that Lori and the group were violent animals that were a threat to their safety. But Tomayto Tomahto :)

[quote name='gnmwilliams' timestamp='1352211740' post='839959']

Actually one of the townspeople shot Lori, realized she was pregnant, shot the Governor, and fed him to the walkers because he told all the townspeople that Lori and the group were violent animals that were a threat to their safety. But Tomayto Tomahto :)[/quote]

Lori had the baby in her arms when she was shot. She wasn't pregnant.

[quote name='jero100' timestamp='1352165749' post='839716']
Anybody think possibly Carl couldn't go thru with it?
[/quote]
[quote name='buck1032' timestamp='1352168654' post='839768']
Thats what my wife thinks. I am just wanting Sunday to get here NOW! LOL
[/quote]
[quote name='rebeldrummer' timestamp='1352176621' post='839859']
Read post 184....I do. Thought it right after the scene was over
[/quote]There was an interview with someone after that episode that stated they did't want to show Carl pulling the trigger, but Lori is indeed dead twice.

That was one of my concerns as well.

[quote name='rebeldrummer' timestamp='1352138074' post='839435']i agree...its kind of hard not to when you do in fact put your time into "getting into" the show.

T- Dog getting killed....sucked, will be missed...but what an AWESOME way to go out! a hero

Lori...sucks yea, for Rick and the boy (and the baby) but I will cope just fine. Her as a character got on my nerves.

Summary.....that was a FREAKING AWESOME EPISODE that made up for the weeks before show![/quote]

As much as I didn't like how some things turned out, I do agree that it was an awesome episode. ;)

T-Dog went out a real hero and while I'll miss him I do agree - it was a great way to go out.