I'm not surprised, but I'm really disappointed

Links2k

I can't go into details but I recently had a opportunity to do something that would benefit me financially and materially if I told a lie. I decided against the action.

The thing that's infuriates me is that everyone that I could discuss the situation with not only encouraged me to do it, but also suggested ways to improve upon the deception.

All that I could think about was that I tell my kids to always try and do the right thing no matter how unpopular your actions are. I also believe in karma.

My refusal to lie may cost me some money, but I'll sleep well at night.

I'M SO DISGUSTED WITH THESE PEOPLE THAT I COULD PUKE!

• Like 5

I'd rather be able to sleep soundly than have all the money in the world.

You obviously have some sense of honor. That's a respectable thing, even if most people these days have no idea what it is.

Edited by Garufa
  • Like 1

Some of us may not have much but we can go to bed each night knowing that everything that we do have we got honest. I'll take that over a bunch of material stuff and being sleepy all of the time any day. Good on you LINKS2K you did the right thing and it looks like you saw some people that you trusted for what they really are.

As for those who advised you to lie, may want to reconsider who you ask advise from next time.

Yea, it's a sign that you can't really trust them to tell you the truth.

You did the right thing. Don't ever under estimate the impact that stuff like that has on your kids. I had something happen recently where a gas station charged me way under what it was supposed to at the pump due to a computer error. I told the clerk, they checked it out and saw the error but still let me leave with what I had paid.

I was telling my family the story at dinner that night and my 20 yr old son said that he would have been very disappointed in me if I had just left without telling them. Be sure to tell your kids the story so they can learn a valuable lesson in personal character. Believe me, they will take notice.

If these are your friends that you discussed it with, you better check your stuff!

Good karma or bad karma, it's our choice.

They aren't my friends. They are coworkers, associates and one holy roller. I thought that they knew me better than that. I'm always outspoken about making good decisions, so maybe they were checking on my integrity.

When I was a 22 year old LEO, I had a supervisor pull me aside and say, "You know what your problem is? You're too honest." That was the first time in my life when I realized that there is little personal integrity in this world.

I'm with you LINK. The true measure of a person's character is in how they conduct themselves when they think nobody else is watching.

Sleep well my friend people like we need more of and is another reason I like being on TGO great people here dont ever comprise you beliefs it how you can stand the face that stares back at you in the mirror.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2