Buyer Beware: Kwik at the Nashville Gun Show

bigwakes

I saw a polymer AR15 complete lower for $110 at the Nashville Gun Show this weekend. I sat down to fill out the paperwork while the guy was dealing with another customer. I filled out my paperwork and set it on the table along with my drivers license. I picked up the dealers business card and to my surprise I saw Kikrnu Firearms as the dealer name. I waited till the guy was done with his other customer and asked if his name was Leonard. He confirmed he was Leonard, so I took my application and my license and ripped it up as I was walking away.

Just wanted to let people know he is at the show.
  • Like 1
[quote name='KOM2' timestamp='1352128769' post='839349']
What's the story on this guy?
[/quote]

I guess we need a sticky. Settle back for a few days and read:

https://www.google.com/search?q=kwikrnu&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a#hl=en&sugexp=les%3Beqn%2Ccconf%3D1.2%2Cmin_length%3D2%2Crate_low%3D0.035%2Crate_high%3D0.035%2Csecond_pass%3Dfalse%2Cnum_suggestions%3D2%2Cignore_bad_origquery%3Dtrue&gs_nf=3&gs_mss=kwikrnu%20draco%20ak%20pistol&tok=JXwBGLcZr6E5WzNdBykmGw&pq=kwikrnu%20draco%20ak%20pistol&cp=9&gs_id=2yg&xhr=t&q=leonard+embody&pf=p&newwindow=1&client=firefox-a&hs=wnP&rls=org.mozilla:en-US%3Aofficial&sclient=psy-ab&oq=leonard+e&gs_l=&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&fp=bb48b53a6cb8cc78&bpcl=37189454&biw=1637&bih=766

https://www.google.com/search?q=kwikrnu&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a#hl=en&newwindow=1&client=firefox-a&hs=2Rk&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&q=kwikrnu+draco+ak+pistol&revid=1963441125&sa=X&ei=UtmXUJ22DejL0AGwnICoCA&ved=0CHMQ1QIoAA&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&fp=bb48b53a6cb8cc78&bpcl=37189454&biw=1637&bih=766

https://www.google.com/search?q=kwikrnu&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a
Wow. One of the blogs linked back to a thread at TGO that appears to have been deleted.

Can I assume the extra tragic got out of hand and brought some folks here that we're less than savory?

I've heard of this joker in the past but never paid attention to the story. What a world class D-bag.
Wow that guy is amazing, just read one of his posts that he painted the tip of that ak-47 "pistol" red so it looked like a toy gun and no one would shoot at him. And that he wanted to carry it around as a defensive weapon with extra magazines.

Can anyone give a short run-down on what exactly that case is trying to accomplish that is being sent to the supreme court? I can't understand exactly what it's about
[quote name='Sam1' timestamp='1352142235' post='839452']
Wow that guy is amazing, just read one of his posts that he painted the tip of that ak-47 "pistol" red so it looked like a toy gun and no one would shoot at him. And that he wanted to carry it around as a defensive weapon with extra magazines.

Can anyone give a short run-down on what exactly that case is trying to accomplish that is being sent to the supreme court? I can't understand exactly what it's about
[/quote]

Still the Radnor Lake incident, that his rights were violated. He's petitioning for a review of the last court's decision.

Here's a summary:
[url="http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/article/Man-who-had-AK-47-pistol-in-park-appeals-case-4003510.php#ixzz2B59Rgtyh"]http://www.mysananto...p#ixzz2B59Rgtyh[/url]

I would have thought that his suit over the HCP constitutionality would have had more legs, but he didn't pursue that one.

- OS Edited by OhShoot
[quote name='Sam1' timestamp='1352146596' post='839480']
That guy is a tool, obviously he was doing it to stir up ####. That's like licking a plugged in electric cord and suing the power company because you got shocked.
[/quote]
Indeed it is.
[quote name='DaveTN' timestamp='1352138940' post='839437']Tennessee pulled his HCP saying he was a potential threat; so the FEDS gave him FFL. So much for the FEDS taking background checks seriously.[/quote]

Fast and Furious
[quote name='Sam1' timestamp='1352146596' post='839480']
That guy is a tool, obviously he was doing it to stir up ####. That's like licking a plugged in electric cord and suing the power company because you got shocked.
[/quote]

That jerkwad is really wanting to see his name in print or face on tv. Maybe get some quick cash from the state. I can't understand why the feds would give him a ffl. all he is doing is putting a black mark on responsible gun ownership. I feel he should have been locked in a dark, damp hole for about 20 years

[quote name='Shug' timestamp='1352149156' post='839510']
That jerkwad is really wanting to see his name in print or face on tv. Maybe get some quick cash from the state...[/quote]

Much too late for any quick cash. :)

[quote]I feel he should have been locked in a dark, damp hole for about 20 years[/quote]

Wow. The Gestapo. You realize he broke no laws?

- OS

Kwik [i]is[/i] a tool, but he's a law-abiding tool. His M.O. is to find the very edges of legality and then do exactly that and no more. Since that puts him in unusual territory (Radnor Lake and Belle Meade) it puts LE in a bad spot trying to figure out what he has done wrong. Then when it turns out the answer to that is "nothing" they let him go and he sues to get the laws changed. He somehow thinks it's going to loosen up the laws, but I have a suspicion that if he has any impact at all it will be to have them going the other way.

For instance, instead of making the state agree that an AR pistol is indeed a pistol, and agreeing that it's A-OK to carry with an HCP (it currently is), he could have the affect of having the state pass laws making pistol versions of rifles not eligible under HCP rules. They could do that by specifying a maximum overall length that would keep them off limits but wouldn't affect any "normal" handgun. He doesn't seem to be able to see this, or doesn't care. Either way, he's a tool.

I don't like his methods, but he's not stupid. He seems to know his laws. Still, poke the bear long enough and you're gonna get bit. Edited by monkeylizard

[quote name='OhShoot' timestamp='1352149355' post='839512']...Wow. The Gestapo. You realize he broke no laws?[/quote]
True; at least as far as I know, he didn't break any laws and should not be in jail for 20 years. However, in my always humble opinion, his antics did more to harm and tarnish the reputation of responsible Tennessee gun owners than anyone else I can think of. He acted foolishly, without showing any level of common sense and without giving any thought to the predictable results his antics brought.

He is more than worthy of disdain whether he broke any laws or not.

Edit: Fixed it. ;)

Edited by RobertNashville

[quote name='gregintenn' timestamp='1352152974' post='839552']
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVry0ByRICI[/media]
This will help explain him. Technically, he was in the right, but it took great restraint to refrain from beating him severly.
[/quote]

Where is one of those "bad" cops when you need them? :) He needed a good slap.

[quote name='RobertNashville' timestamp='1352153038' post='839557']
True; at least as far as I know, he didn't break any laws and should be in jail for 20 years. ....
[/quote]

Did you leave out a "not" or are you joining the Gestapo also?

- OS