Firearm Implications

Peace

[quote name='Peace' timestamp='1352264147' post='840781']

So,.... Will there be a run on ammo and ARs again? Man, I hope not...

Thoughts?
[/quote]

No doubt about it. I'm just a few G30 mags away from being satisfied. They got me the last time round. I still won't purchase anything from CTD.
Guest rebeldrummer
[quote name='OhShoot' timestamp='1352267117' post='840825']
The first new infringement I really expect is to see a push to end all private firearm sales. You know, the "gun show" loophole thang.

Even though all of the high profile killers in last few years bought them legally from FFLs.

- OS
[/quote]

Now your just speaking logically and factually....which, as you know, is NOT they way they think when they make laws/regulations!

Well, I just placed an order. I'm thinking yes, at least in the short term. Sadly, the best we can hope for is the republican held congress to maintain gridlock. The question is "What do we have to look forward to?" If we didn't beat obama tonight, how can we expect to do so in 4 years? I dunno if any legislation will be passed banning weapons, but this is the president of the executive order. I predict ammo will be hard to find and spensive.
Guest ThePunisher
[quote name='Batman' timestamp='1352268735' post='840844']
Well, I just placed an order. I'm thinking yes, at least in the short term. Sadly, the best we can hope for is the republican held congress to maintain gridlock. The question is "What do we have to look forward to?" If we didn't beat obama tonight, how can we expect to do so in 4 years? I dunno if any legislation will be passed banning weapons, but this is the president of the executive order. I predict ammo will be hard to find and spensive.
[/quote]

I don't predict any Hope and Change after seeing and experiencing the last 4 years. I expect the next two months to be good months for the gun industry.
[quote name='mikegideon' timestamp='1352270978' post='840853']
There was virtually no change in Congress. Where we gonna find all the gun grabbers to vote that stuff in?
[/quote]

I agree. but... Odufus likes to utilize the executive order pen. If not that, maybe he will get it tacked onto another piece of legislation. Or... maybe Holder will sue and get it upheld by his newly appointed suppreme court justices, or... who knows.

I don't think it is high on his list, but he did say he would sign it during the debate.
[quote name='mikegideon' timestamp='1352270978' post='840853']
There was virtually no change in Congress. Where we gonna find all the gun grabbers to vote that stuff in?
[/quote]

I joke about the price going up in the TGO classifieds. I have little or no concern they are comming for my guns. I do have concern that over the next 4 years Obama through the EPA can turn his war on coal into a war on ammunition. In summary the 2nd amendment protects my gun, but not my ammo supply.
[quote name='Peace' timestamp='1352266649' post='840819']
So is the there anyone who thinks there will NOT be a run on ammo or ARs?

If so, It'd be great to hear your thoughts.
[/quote]
There shouldn’t be. But as you can see here, it looks like we are going to do it to ourselves again. Some people don’t seem to be happy unless they are overreacting about gun laws that no one has proposed expect them. The anti’s can just set back and have a good laugh…. Again.

Luckily I’m pretty well set. I won’t need to buy anything until the prices go back down.

All the guys that got burned last go around paying hundreds more for their AR’s than they were worth will be able to unload them on a new group this time. [img]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y111/TourGlide/Web%20Stuff/biggrin.gif[/img] Edited by DaveTN
  • Like 1

Ok, I've been thinking about this lately for obvious reasons and I guess I should go ahead and ask:

I understand how the current administration could feasibly set the path for certain firearm bans (though I am really not concerned at this point) but what do they do exactly to keep ammo off of the shelves? Is it really due to actions by the government or is it a reaction from manufacturers that keep supplies low? Where exactly is the break in the supply chain?

I'm sure this is a very noobie question but it comes honestly...:)

[quote name='TrickyNicky' timestamp='1352274744' post='840868']
Our only hope is that politicians say lots of things they don't really mean. All we can do is Hope this is the case and we don't have any negative Changes coming our way.
[/quote]

However, the difference is, he has done [u][b]everything[/b][/u] he said he would do!

[quote name='Garufa' timestamp='1352295067' post='840938']
In the short term it will be gun owners keeping ammo off the shelves. ;)
[/quote]
Yeah, I figured. I guess I'm just wondering why capitalism doesn't kick in and flood the stores with product. If I'm an ammunition manufacturer, I should have seen this coming and driven up supply to further line my pockets. Are margins really so thin that over-production is an issue or are there laws in place that limit manufacturing?

Edited by Razz
[quote name='Razz' timestamp='1352295387' post='840942']
Yeah, I figured. I guess I'm just wondering why capitalism doesn't kick in and flood the stores with product. If I'm an ammunition manufacturer, I should have seen this coming and driven up supply to further line my pockets. Are margins really so thin that over-production is an issue or are there laws in place that limit manufacturing?
[/quote]

I don't know but will take a guess. I think a lot of the manufacturers are running at capacity to keep up with demand. When I see government agencies buying billions of rounds, it makes me think they get priority. When you get a spike in civilian demand, they just can't make it fast enough, but expanding is dangerous because the demand may slack up.
  • Like 2