Dick's Pulls ARs

Does it matter? Dick's is a joke of a store anyways. Overpriced and hardly has anything in stock. Bought a bike (on sale) for the wife there years ago and found it cheaper a week later somewhere else. Plus the bike "expert" working that department didn't have a clue. Haven't been back since. Not sure how they stay in business. Their parking lot always seems empty.
  • Like 3
Has suspended sales of "certain types of semi-auto rifles" from its stores nationwide.

Y'all can pick your link:

https://www.google.com/news?ncl=d-MrcP2m_Wc8UBMxK9N0C9-3nx4_M&q=dick%27s+sporting+goods+sales&lr=English&hl=en

- OS

According to Nashville Fox 17 news this morning Walmart is too.

I just don't understand this electrical / chemical process of critical thinking anymore?

To volunteer to discontinue selling guns / rifles at a sporting goods store / department has to be bad for business.

As the adage goes, "guns don't kill people..."

If all mentally stable law abiding citizens are restricted / disarmed, that will make a safer society? I must have an electrical and chemical imbalance in my brain matter to believe that.

Sadly, the difference between liberal and conservative thinking is about evenly split between the public and state & national politicians. Pulling at the heart strings and reacting with emotion will sway many of the middle of the roaders over to stricter gun control laws.

Look for big changes in the near future.

Edited by Dennis1209
  • Like 1

went to dicks to see if they had any 22 ammo, even over priced, and would you believe their ammo is locked up and you cannot even look at it without getting an employee to help?  I won't be going back.   Walmarts is at least visible behind a glass lock so you can SEE what is there...  I understand locking it up due to value in a small package, but locked up where you cannot see it is dumb. 

So, is this the begining that we have all been talking about?

I wouldn't use Dicks and Walmart as the litmus test for gun control.  They are more concerned about public image affecting the bottom dollar.  Does that mean it wont happen, no, but I wouldn't loose any sleep of their business choices.  

Not at our store. And highest prices. That Academy across the street gets far more of my general sporting goods business as well as Bass Pro. None are competetively priced for ammo and arms. I'll only pick up odds and ends and cleaning stuff once in a while otherwise Google is my friend.

BUT . . . Off topic . . . I'd like to standardize use of different search engine. Google is 100% in for compliance with nation-state govts. The real 300lb gorilla in the room. Google knows and can influence TOO much in world society.
  • Like 1
Just got back from the Walmart in Oak Ridge and not an AR in sight. Maybe they sold them...who knows.

On a positive note, they did have 9mm.... did.... they don't any more.

I'm guessing both saw it as an opportunity to make points with some segment of the market they felt they needed to attract. They got top billing on the national news, mission accomplished.

I've never found a use for Dick's.

Online catalog is one thing, but

Walmart did not become the world's largest retailer and private employer by pulling stock off of the shelves.

Edited by R_Bert

I told them what I though to them on their Facebook page...lot's of pissed off people posting there.

Ultimately I don't care whether they carry firearms at all...I buy from real firearm dealers; not department stores.

Maybe one good thing about the tragedy is that it might become easier for the firearms community to identify who their real friends are and who are just enemies trying to look like friends.

• Like 1
Guest cardcutter

Let them know how you feel. Email or facebook them and let them know why they lost your business. If enough of us speak out they may change their ways.