How have you reacted personally? Bought guns? Mags? Ammo?

hipower

I haven't bought anything.....yet. I was lucky enough to buy a few more AR mags just a few weeks before the shooting. My goal would be to have 25 AR magazines and 15 Glock magazines. Not quite there yet.

I'm going to venture to Wal-Mart tomorrow to see if the ammo shelf is bare or not. Lots of liberals in Orlando so I suspect there will be some left.

its sicking a person that i sold ammo to yesterday has it on gunbroker for 2 times whar he paid for it

i know not all of you reload but i have not raised any prices yet and next week at knoxville i will have same as last show

i will have a limited amount of ammo but you have to ask for it

And I think I'll be at that one, too, David. My wife is going to kill me, just not with a gun. :D

These guys buying stuff up and doubling their price on it don't realize a lot of us have bitter tastes in our mouths

brought on by fellow supporters of the 2nd Amendment supposedly doing it in the name of capitalism. It's actually

called crony capitalism, and we also have long term memory, so, I would re-consider buying anything right now

and let them keep their inventory for a while longer until they find out who their friends are and quit playing on the

fear game. This is serious business about the 2nd Amendment and it's preservation and it shows little brotherhood,

if you will, when you scalp your brother.

I only say it because it reminds me of how my union brothers would screw anyone over a nickel, when it should have

been open and honest all along. It is usually union leaders doing the leading to the trough and helping you bend over.

Give it some time. This stuff will settle down again. We haven't reached the apocalypse, yet.

Kind of seemed that way.  Maybe you should think before you post something like that again.

If you actually know David, you will find him to be a person of tremendous grace and kindness.  I am flat out humbled by his consideration to others.

• Like 1
If you actually know David, you will find him to be a person of tremendous grace and kindness.  I am flat out humbled by his consideration to others.

He is always fair, and goes way above and beyond to be of help to his customers.  Who else will offer to stop and pick up a 1 lb can of powder in Clarksville and drop it off in Jackson as a service to someone who he has never met, or made a dime off of before?

God grant me more Davids!

I did ask him for an 8 lb jug of W 748 on his next trip through town.

Let a buddy have 3-30 round Magpuls, he is just finishing his first build.  Told him he could replace then when things settle down, or for what I paid for them if we can't get any more, I had a few extra.

Edited by Worriedman
  • Like 1
He is always fair, and goes way above and beyond to be of help to his customers  friends.  Who else will offer to stop and pick up a 1 lb can of powder in Clarksville and drop it off in Jackson as a service to someone who he has never met, or made a dime off of before?

God grant me more Davids!

fixed that.

Panic buying? Not so much, but I did buy two Glock 21 13 round mags for a Christmas gift/stocking stuffer for a real good buddy who just got a 21. It could be thought of as a panic buy since he just got it and I had to run to the LGS the next morning to get the magazines. LOL

as of late there has been a run on milos tea with splenda i am having a hard time finding it

all kidding aside we need to look out for each other i will look tomorrow for mags i dont need anymore

i will post them on here if i find any for free . this rush to buy wont last long

• Like 1

I'll bet my wife has some hidden, David. I'll look. :D

I'm also sure this panic buying is hitting the purse strings of many. It will probably peter out on it's own.

I'd rather see this much energy thrown at our members in the House of Representatives and scare the

pants off them, for a change.

its sicking a person that i sold ammo to yesterday has it on gunbroker for 2 times whar he paid for it
i know not all of you reload but i have not raised any prices yet and next week at knoxville i will have same as last show
i will have a limited amount of ammo but you have to ask for it
is the next show the expo? Have any small pistol primers?

Sent from Behind a Set of Crosshairs
In 08 I decided I had to have a Sig 556 right when all the fun started. It had nothing to do with the panic; I just found out about it at the wrong time. So I got one, paid market price ( not gouged, just not cheap) and marked that one down in my life's book.

Since then I've been working hard to get ahead. My panic started not this past Friday but the morning after the recent election. Once I got done being sick to my stomach I ordered enough pmags and mags for my 220 to last through any crises. They were already planned for, I just got off my rear and got them in.

I wish I had room to store more powder but I don't. What I need to do now is really start cranking out finished rounds so I can free up some storage space.

What I did really fail to do was order spring kits and spare followers. I completely dropped the ball there. Most of my mags are in good shape and I think by the end of January spare parts will be reasonable so I will deal with it then.

Other than that plans for incremental upgrades are on hold for a bit. I would like to find a T1 or H1 for my 556 pistol. For now, the Eotech will do.

For those that are in the beginning of their journey, I feel for them. They just had the misfortune of bad timing. It happens. I don't feel bad for those that are panic buying. There have been merchants separating those kinds of people from their money for thousands of years...

Mark
I didn't panic buy, but I did buy what I had been wanting for a while. I had already ordered a MEGA MATEN 308 receiver set before the shooting, but wanted another AR in 308 now to hold me over while I built the mega. So I picked up a SIG 716 and 3 spare magpul 20rd mags. Before the shooting I had also ordered 500 rds of M855, and it took over 2 weeks for them to ship it, so it just went out Friday. Fixing to order more 308 mags soon as I find them and about 1000 rds of 308 FMJ. :) Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I spent $600 on mags and ammo after the election because of the AWB statement in the third debate. Friday I purchased two more surplus AK47 magazines. The vendor put a limit of two per order. AK47 mags don't seem to have the PMAG markup.
  • Like 1

At one of the Murfreesboro shows, before his first reign started, I saw a couple complete lowers at one table. $290.

I thought it was a bit high at that, but I put my hands on both of them only a second before this other guy was going

to. We shot the breeze and I said you can take this one. I will be waiting for parts, anyway. I waited for six months for

my barrel, three months for two Youngs NM carriers w/bolts, the rest was a piece of cake. I ended up building six that

year. Of course, I didn't have primers and had to wait for them for months, also, so I couldn't reload, either.

I decided gun shows were a joke and quit worrying so much about it. I have traded more around here than any gun

show and I'd like to think no one was screwed in the process, at least on my part. There are ways to get your parts if

you are patient. Or just treat people with some dignity. I also have some friends who have blessed me just by meeting

and becoming friends throughout my life. They will be taken care of.

I spent $600 on mags and ammo after the election because of the AWB statement in the third debate. Friday I purchased two more surplus AK47 magazines. The vendor put a limit of two per order. AK47 mags don't seem to have the PMAG markup.

I noticed that at the last Knoxville show. Got a couple, too.

Funny, the guy and his wife didn't limit and were hoping to dump them. At $11.00 each, compared to

today, they were cheap. Doubt I'll see them for that, next week. I'd buy a couple more. :D

Edited by 6.8 AR