Thin 9mm

TeamJackson

i have a lc9 and like it. yes it has a long trigger pull but with practice i find its not that bad. is very thin and i like the way it feels in my hand. also i put the laserlyte sidemount laser on it. works very well and the gun will fit all standard holsters. for price,reliabilty and size give it a long look

Concerning the LC9.  If you put the Galloway Precision trigger bar and hammer mod it, as well as a dual 15lb recoil spring and a RTK trigger it becomes another machine altogether.  Mine is the easiest small 9mm bullet launcher I have shot.  With the aftermarket it is easier to shoot than a J-frame .38.  Trigger pull is easily halved also.

http://gallowayprecision.com/ruger-performance/lc9-performance-parts/

The DB9 is a beast to shoot, easily as brutal as a titanium J-frame .357.  I have an early DB9, trigger reset failed. Sent it to the factory on a Weds got it back the following Mon and have never had a failure since.  Accurate, nice trigger but harsh recoil with slow followups in a comparative sense to something like a Glock 19. I can  put them all in a dinner plate as fast as I can pull the trigger at 5 yrds one-hand weak-hand and that is all I care about.  Your mileage may vary if your are younger, stronger, faster, etc.

+1 on the PM9, had a LC9 and a nano before. Trigger is still a bit long  for me but the best of the small 9mm strikers IMHO, I like the 3" 1911, kimber or SA but the XDs is nice and thin too, if you don't mind .45. XDs is like a skinny Glock 26 in .45

Edited by red dirt

have a Kahr CM9, but prefer my Taurus 709.  I shoot it a little better, probably because the barrel is a touch longer.  Prefer the thumb safety, as the Kahr does not have one.  Money wasn't an issue, but the 709 is a little cheaper.  Both have been 100% reliable.

have a Kahr CM9, but prefer my Taurus 709.  I shoot it a little better, probably because the barrel is a touch longer.  Prefer the thumb safety, as the Kahr does not have one.  Money wasn't an issue, but the 709 is a little cheaper.  Both have been 100% reliable.

^^ I have the same guns and agree with the exact comments of chances R. I find myself carrying the 709 in winter on the hip and the Kahr in a pocket holster in the summer.  The 709 is a bit too big for me (5'5", 135) to pocket carry. Otherwise, I'd go with it all year round.

I liked our 709 pretty well.   It will pocket carry but not easy, depends on your pockets I guess.   For an inexpensive smallish carry gun, the 709 gets a "best value" vote from me --- for the money, it didnt jam, was a good size, and trigger was usable, recoil not bad.  I would not turn one down.  Only real issue we had was the sights were only casually pointed in the general direction of the point of aim -- good enough for up close, but it was quite a bit off at at 15 yards.

• Like 1
[quote name="TeamJackson" post="868136" timestamp="1356403553"]I like the DB9 but am scared with some reviews I have read about FTE and FTF[/quote] Ha, I saw this thread and was hoping Graycrait chimed up about his DB9. Having shot it, it is as accurate as anything else I've shot at 7-10m. It is also the thinnest 9mm I've ever seen. More so than any pistol mentioned here. It is an easy pocket pistol. Downside, the recoil is difficult to manage. This thing has to be rubberized or grippy taped.
I got a M&p Shield in 40 the other day and shot it this morning. It is such a sweet shooting pistol, the recoil is very mild. My LCP and j frames have a lot more recoil than the Shield does. I wish I would have taken more than 50 rounds to the range. It's a joy to shoot, I imagine the 9mm will be the same or better.