Howard Kurtz Scolds D.C. Police for Investigating NBC's David Gregory

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/matt-hadro/2012/12/27/above-law-howard-kurtz-scolds-dc-police-investigating-nbcs-david-gregory#ixzz2GMjweBXv

"But I don’t think Gregory was planning to commit any crimes," argues Kurtz.

Really? Neither are any Law Abiding Gun Owners putz! But that doesn't matter to libiots.

• Like 1

So then by his logic, too prove a point, I should be able to conceal carry in D.C. and not be investigated. Yes I broke the law but I wasn't planning to commit any crimes. Yeah that will fly. :down: :down:

Edited by herr.baer
  • Like 1

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/matt-hadro/2012/12/27/above-law-howard-kurtz-scolds-dc-police-investigating-nbcs-david-gregory#ixzz2GMjweBXv

"But I don’t think Gregory was planning to commit any crimes," argues Kurtz.

Really? Neither are any Law Abiding Gun Owners putz! But that doesn't matter to libiots.

Gregory was supposedly informed by the DC police that having the magazine would be illegal.  Not only did he intend to commit a crime, he did commit a crime. 

• Like 3
Guest drv2fst

I hope that he is prosecuted to show the libtards that they don't know anything about the guns they want to ban.  Make an example out of one of them and maybe, just maybe, others will start to fact check once in a while.

Not that I support this idiot, but hard to see charging him. Kinda like that elderly lady whose deceased husband had the FA war trophy. Yeah, she technically violated a crime punishable by 10 years in prison, but what was the intent?
Not that I support this idiot, but hard to see charging him. Kinda like that elderly lady whose deceased husband had the FA war trophy. Yeah, she technically violated a crime punishable by 10 years in prison, but what was the intent?

I agree. I would rather just hit him upside the head with my 1911... just because he really needs it.

• Like 3
[quote name="mikegideon" post="870717" timestamp="1356728188"]I agree. I would rather just hit him upside the head with my 1911... just because he really needs it.[/quote] Is there anyone one at NBC/MSNBC that doesn't deserve that? CNN just deserves a good polymer lashing, like a Glock... with the exception of Robin Meade. She can carry on.... drool.
Apparently DC Police are investigating the incident. Will it help us for David Gregory to be arrested and charged? Absolutely not. I hope the Police use their discretion and decide not to pursue this; that would be my choice if I were the investigating Officer.

http://www.tmz.com/2012/12/26/meet-the-press-david-gregory-dc-police-atf-gun-magazine/

I generally agree, but I think it would be a funny twist of events if NBC's lawyers end up funding a serious challenge to the DC AWB on grounds the law violates the constitution ;)

Just saying, it would be a bit ironic if the anti-gun nuts make the case for us ;)

• Like 1

She had no intent to own a FA rifle. She had no clue what it was.

Gregory was told he would be in violation of the law and not to bring a high cap mag inside DC. He had his warning and he did it anyway. Business as usual, if it had been any one of us we'd be labled a nutcase and be sitting in jail right now. Edited by BrasilNuts
Gregory was told he would be in violation of the law and not to bring a high cap mag inside DC. He had his warning and he did it anyway.
Do you know that to be true?

Other sources say the DC Police told NBC no, and the BATF told them it was okay. They should have gone by what the DC Police told them, but I could understand the confusion if a Federal BATF agent said something else. I would guess David Gregory talked to none of these people and did whatever the producers told him.

Sorry, but I don’t want to see someone arrested on weapons charges just because their views are different than mine.

I'm curious to see David Gregory's response to all this.... has he made one yet?
  • Like 1
Do you know that to be true?

Other sources say the DC Police told NBC no, and the BATF told them it was okay. They should have gone by what the DC Police told them, but I could understand the confusion if a Federal BATF agent said something else. I would guess David Gregory talked to none of these people and did whatever the producers told him.

Sorry, but I don’t want to see someone arrested on weapons charges just because their views are different than mine.

I'm curious to see David Gregory's response to all this.... has he made one yet?

He's not talking right now. Somebody smacked him with a 1911. :)

• Like 1

If LaPierre had held up that mag to make some pro gun point and was arrested most everyone here, myself included would be going ballistic.

Just because it was done to make an opposing point  does not make it any worse.

the law is ridiculous no matter who breaks it.

• Like 2

Yes, the law is asinine.  Criminal intent has nothing to do with it.

I personally want to see him jailed and fined because he's lawing at me, I should be able to law back.  This whole "the laws aren't meant to be applied to those on the right side of the issue" thing is troubling too.

Hey, Howard, the peasants are getting restless, what?  Best lean a little harder on on the gun control siren.