Have you had any backlash because you are a gunner?

Guest Frightful1

Guest Frightful1

I am not sure if this is in the correct subject area or not.  Moderators feel free to move it in it doesn't belong here.

I was in WallyWorld's checkout line the other day.  I as usual during chilly weather I was wearing my cammo jacket which bears the advertisment for a northern gun store that I worked for in a previous life.  Behind me I heard the words spoken softly  "Baby Killer".  I could not believe what I thought I had just heard, turned around only to find the people behind me had turned their backs on me.  I was not really sure that I had heard the statement correctly so I turned back to my grocery cart and minded my own business.  Now a bit louder I heard the word "Terrorist"  I turned around again.  Still the backs of the people behind me. 

I am normally peaceful person, and since I was carrying, I felt that discretion was the better part of and so on.  I checked out and proceeded to my car with no further issue.  I have had conversations with my aquaintances regarding my going armed.  They know me and respect my decisions in this matter, but it seems that not everybody is going to do that.

Has anybody else experienced this kind of harrassment?  Is this what we can expect in the "Brave New World" we now inhabit? 

I let it drop.  What would you have done?

Yep. A certain person at works always baits me. "Why do you need that much ammo?" "Why does your gun need more than one shot" etc etc. It gets old. Probably my favorite though is "I'll never need a gun and you won't either. This isn't a big violent city." I don't really know what to say anymore.

Edited by dieewigeteufel
  • Administrator
Yep. A certain person at works always baits me. "Why do you need that much ammo?" "Why does your gun need more than one shot" etc etc. It gets old. Probably my favorite though is "I'll never need a gun and you won't either. This isn't a big violent city." I don't really know what to say anymore.

Why haven't you dragged that assclown over to see your company's HR department yet?  Most companies have strict policies against behavior of that sort in a workplace.

Why haven't you dragged that assclown over to see your company's HR department yet?  Most companies have strict policies against behavior of that sort in a workplace.

My company is laughable and we don't have much of an HR department to speak of. I just let him run off at the mouth. He's in the minority at work anyways. Most are Pro 2A.

My bet is that person that said that to you would not have called a Muslim a Terrorist while standing in line after 9/11. You had as much to do with CT as the Muslim person in the store had to do with 9/11. It seems people are more outspoken towards law abiding gun owners because we have a lot to lose and are less likely to start a fight over it and risk the right to carry to explain something to someone who really doesn't want to hear it anyway. My .02
  • Administrator
I don't advertise, have no problems.

That's been my experience as well.  And as I've said before, my wife says my general demeanor tends to perpetually border on "GFY" so I guess most folks don't want to risk smarting off to me in line at stores.

Funny how the same folks that want to call gun owners/carriers "baby killers" are the same people who will openly support abortion (in most cases) The left want gun control to help "save the lives of innocent children" but will do nothing to help the unborn. It makes me sick.
  • Like 7
Guest 6.8 AR
I am not sure if this is in the correct subject area or not.  Moderators feel free to move it in it doesn't belong here.

I was in WallyWorld's checkout line the other day.  I as usual during chilly weather I was wearing my cammo jacket which bears the advertisment for a northern gun store that I worked for in a previous life.  Behind me I heard the words spoken softly  "Baby Killer".  I could not believe what I thought I had just heard, turned around only to find the people behind me had turned their backs on me.  I was not really sure that I had heard the statement correctly so I turned back to my grocery cart and minded my own business.  Now a bit louder I heard the word "Terrorist"  I turned around again.  Still the backs of the people behind me. 

I am normally peaceful person, and since I was carrying, I felt that discretion was the better part of and so on.  I checked out and proceeded to my car with no further issue.  I have had conversations with my aquaintances regarding my going armed.  They know me and respect my decisions in this matter, but it seems that not everybody is going to do that.

Has anybody else experienced this kind of harrassment?  Is this what we can expect in the "Brave New World" we now inhabit? 

I let it drop.  What would you have done?

I would have turned around, looking at the ones facing away and said "Cowards". That's all people like that are and

that's all I would have said. They aren't worth the time.

How does that person know how much ammo you have or what kind of weapons you have?

• Like 1
That's been my experience as well.  And as I've said before, my wife says my general demeanor tends to perpetually border on "GFY" so I guess most folks don't want to risk smarting off to me in line at stores.

We must be brothers from another mother.

I don't advertise that I'm carrying, but my size and demeanor tend to ward-off such comments. I would also say that just because I have a gun on me doesn't mean that I have to take verbal abuse from someone. I would have turned around and stearnly said, "Did you say something to me?" I doubt they would have the intestinal fortitude to repeat it or challenge me.

Timely post. I too was called a baby killer on a social media site because I mentioned my rifle. Just happened yesterday, actually. It was one of my old college classmates. One who just got accepted into law school.. ugh. Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2 Edited by jcj
Not exactly the same and months before CT I was at Kroger wearing a T Shirt that says "zombie hunter" on the back. A guy says to me as he's walking by "how many zombies have you killed?" with a sarcastic tone. I quickly replied with "none, zombies aren't real". He wasn't ready for that and ducked his head and moved on.
[quote name="FIST" post="874436" timestamp="1357083364"]Not exactly the same and months before CT I was at Kroger wearing a T Shirt that says "zombie hunter" on the back. A guy says to me as he's walking by "how many zombies have you killed?" with a sarcastic tone. I quickly replied with "none, zombies aren't real". He wasn't ready for that and ducked his head and moved on.[/quote] Ahh yes, telling people the truth, to their face no less. It confuses them every time.
  • Like 2