IMPORTANT - Read This >> White House Proposal for Gun Control

Guarantee it is. He will use healthcare to make you mentally unstable to separate you away from your weapon. He was almost

too blatant today, to those who heard and saw the show. Plenty of code words in it.

I dont think private sells will be illegal even if this crap passed we would just have to meet at an ffl to do the sell / buy and fill out the required paper work and pay the king etc. I sure the hell hope none of it goes through congress 

Infringement, registration is all that is, without saying it.

Are you guys reading the document or just posting silly pictures?  Because you need to READ the document.  It completely outlines their plans to...

• Require private sale of firearms run through an FFL.
  • Reinstate a tougher Assault Weapons Ban.
  • Mandate a 10-round magazine limit.
  • Create new "Gun Trafficking" laws that enlarge scope of violation and increase punishment for violators.
  • Limit what types of ammo can be sold.

For all of the concern and panic people here have been exhibiting over what might happen, this is the one document that comprehensively lays it out and it's straight from the White House press office.  You'd think people would be reading the damn thing.

Those bullets really suck. But, the way I understand it, they all have to go thru congress. I'm sure there is some hidden nasties in his EO's, but he has to do those with existing funds. Granted, it's a comprehensive gun grabbin' dream. I just think there's room to win the fight. Like everybody else, I'm real concerned with the mental health stuff.

So you thought the list of Executive Orders that you got from Fox News or CNN was all there was to it, eh?

You wish.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/120650415/White-House-list-of-executive-orders-on-gun-violence

Attaching a copy of the PDF to this post also.

Okay, the PDF attachment worked for me, thanks.
It sounded like you were getting somewhat aggravated, remember we are all in agreement here and just as serious in protecting our rights even if we make a joke or two sometimes. I personally have never been more serious about defending my 2nd amendment rights as I am now, I believe, I KNOW my 2nd amendment rights have never been in great peril as ther are now. I also know what Obama is planning which is an all out attack to DESTROY the 2nd amendment.

The 10-round limit on magazines makes absolute sense to me, there would be no way I'd tote around 6 10-rounders instead of 2 30-rounders...... :shake:

When lawmakers combine an agenda with a heightened sense of emotion, they do not make an omelette.... 

Those bullets really suck. But, the way I understand it, they all have to go thru congress. I'm sure there is some hidden nasties in his EO's, but he has to do those with existing funds. Granted, it's a comprehensive gun grabbin' dream. I just think there's room to win the fight. Like everybody else, I'm real concerned with the mental health stuff.

Well from now on if I have a friend or family member who is just feeling a little down or depressed I will recommend that they absolutly NOT seek medical treatment for it, never mention anything to any doctor. Maybe we need some back ally psychologists to talk to people without any paperwork being filed.
Now if it's really serious it's a different matter, I would hate to have a friend comitt suicide but I also would hate to see a friend have his/hers rights trampled because of a temorary peroid of depression.
  • Administrator

I too am unsure if it is his proposal, or the list of EO's he's initiating. It SUCKS either way. I hope it's as Leroy posted.

This is absolutely what he is proposing and what he wants Congress to pick up and run with.  The news conference today touched briefly on elements of this document but glazed over a lot of other things that gun owners obviously will find inflammatory.  He and his handlers knew that it would not be good press to go out there, surround himself with the children and then lay out precisely what measures he intended to see enacted.

The frustrating thing I'm seeing here in this thread are responses from people acting like this is no big revelation and just more layers of the onion being peeled away.  It absolutely is a big revelation because the Administration just laid out 22 pages worth of precisely what they want to see happen.  This is the blueprint.  This is the answer to all of the questions we've seen posted on TGO and elsewhere lately asking "Will they try to ___________ ?".  There's no more guessing about what they want done.  It's right there in black and white and the next step will be seeing how many parts of it they can sail through Congress.

• Like 1

Keep up the pressure on your Reps, visit their office, flood the e-mails, send the

letters with snail mail, fill their answering machines up with phone calls.

Keep the message as short as you can, thay wont read long winded ones.

Change the heading, change the body of your e-mails.

JUST KEEP UP THE PRESSURE

Today was just the tip of the iceberg.

He gave us a look at what He wants, WE HAVE TO TELL HE HELL NO!!!

He will have to find the money to outspend the NRA with respect to Congress. 

We have but one choice here, to get as involved as we can,and convince the politicians that we are finally going to get off out dead hinneys and take an interest, donate some money and make sure that every legislator that is supposed to represent us knows each and every one of by name and by sight.

I read this document earlier today.  It is really nothing new from the statist's Christmas list on gun control.  Most of the congressional stuff which is mentioned has no chance in passing unless the Republican party has given up and decided they want to become the pemanent minority party. 

Now, does that mean we should lower our guard and declare all's right with the world?  Of course not.  We should always keep a close eye on what is going on in Washington because if the wrong people get control of everything then that paper is exactly what we will get.  However, those that have been running around in a frenzy the last month with their hands flailing and screaming, "Oh $hit, we are gonna die.  Obama is gonna do this and that, etc..."  need to calm down and realize that there is only so much the President can actually do.  We should remain vigilant, but not go off the deep end.

• Like 1

This is absolutely what he is proposing and what he wants Congress to pick up and run with.  The news conference today touched briefly on elements of this document but glazed over a lot of other things that gun owners obviously will find inflammatory.  He and his handlers knew that it would not be good press to go out there, surround himself with the children and then lay out precisely what measures he intended to see enacted.

The frustrating thing I'm seeing here in this thread are responses from people acting like this is no big revelation and just more layers of the onion being peeled away.  It absolutely is a big revelation because the Administration just laid out 22 pages worth of precisely what they want to see happen.  This is the blueprint.  This is the answer to all of the questions we've seen posted on TGO and elsewhere lately asking "Will they try to ___________ ?".  There's no more guessing about what they want done.  It's right there in black and white and the next step will be seeing how many parts of it they can sail through Congress.

The other thing to keep in mind is recent history. This is the administrations wish list, however when SOME PEOPLE don't get their way through negotiation and due process they find ways to get everything they want with or without a vote. Doubly scary is the amount of bureaucracy this type of wish list can create. I've never been the paranoid type, but I'm getting there. I have no dog in this fight as all of my guns were lost in a recent canoeing accident.

-southernasylum

This is very important.  So far we have been guessing he wants this and that.  Now he is actually telling us what he wants on paper.  I almost wish he had been willing to get his paws dirty and exec order the mag limit and modern rifle ban today.  I would love to see impeachment papers on him and nullification actions in states.

We gotta keep up the pressure on our congress folks.

I dont think private sells will be illegal even if this crap passed we would just have to meet at an ffl to do the sell / buy and fill out the required paper work and pay the king etc. ..

Umm, logically, if the government must be privy to it and even give its approval, it's no longer "private", eh?

- OS

• Like 1

I am thankful he didn't overstep his authority by using an EO on gun, magazine, or ammo bans.  I couldn't care less about impeachment because I know he would never be convicted by the senate.  However, there are enough nuts out there who are just itching for a justification to start a violent revolution, and something like that might have push them over the edge.  That should be the last thing any of us should want.

You're right David. You're Right.

Even if they get a percentage of this through Congress, we loose big time.

I personally see very little difference between the two parties, and face it, the Republicans haven't exactly demonstrated much backbone as of late.

I Pray that we will see a resurgence of States Rights and State Sovereignty as our founders intended.

At least Texas and Wyoming are trying to move that direction.

I'll continue to exhaust all avenues legally available to me, lobby my elected officials and support those that support our Constitution. But honestly, I'm worried. We can't afford to lose any momentum in this fight.

The Old Chinese curse goes something like "May you live in interesting times"...well, we are certainly living in interesting times.

We should work hard to keep the republicans in office assuming they don't give in to these wishes. If Pelosi and the dems get back in power, they will force these through just like Obamacare. Support the NRA

Unless the tide turns on the overall "progressive" nature of the electorate, all of these proposed new bans will happen. Hopefully not in this go-round, but still just a matter of time.

Of course, there's the possibility that things could get very bad in the US, even before the midterm elections.

The only bright spot in a truly bad national situation might be that the tide would turn to at least a semblance of conservatism.

- OS

The executive orders here are not much.  I'd call this a temporary win for us.  What he wants Congress to do, I doubt will happen.  Now in 2 years when the GOP loses the house and Barry has been able to swing our 5-4 SCOTUS tilt the other way...then "Katy bar the door".

• Administrator

People he will get these or most of these passed or do an EO and the reps and senators will let him do it.

Get the word out to your reps that you do not want this and will hold the people you voted for responsible if they do pass!

That's exactly the thing.  This list represents the current Administration's effort to throw it all at the wall (Congress) and see what sticks.  This is their wish list.  They know some of it won't go through, and they will use those bits as bargaining pieces to get the more important things passed.

The goal for us should be to put so much pressure on our representatives that none of it sticks.  None of it passes.  So much pressure that in four years, Obama and his cronies will have to pack up their toys and GTF home all sad and dejected.

A lot of folks here love their Gadsden flags.  They love the story of the 300 Spartans at Thermopylae.  They love the challenge to "Come and Take" (Molon Labe).  Well, this is your MOLON LABE moment, people.  Now's when you start cranking up the pressure and let it be known that you don't want the people who work for you in Washington to give a single inch on this stuff.

• Like 11

I believe there is very important lesson for all of us (certainly for me) to learn during this ordeal. Don't get caught with your pants down. When the hysteria subsides and prices retreat back from their stratospheric heights, if you have some firearm or accessory that has been on your wish list, your short on ammo, or need some more mags etc..., it might be wise to go ahead and get them. As I stated earlier, I don't not believe most of the congressional stuff stands a chance at passing (at this time). However, this was definitely a shot across the bow and a foreshadowing of things to come in the future if things turn sour.

Guest mikedwood

Looks like spreading a blanket of pork our dear children will "save" them.

You can't start a good gun ban without some huge pork to go with it. The total package will cost at least $4.5 billion in new spending. The 23 things he announced to do using executive order. Just what he announced in the speech today is going to cost 4.5 billion. I bet some friends and donors get a ton of it.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/least-45-billion-new-spending-gun-control_696120.html

Doesn't have anything to do with it you might say, how will they buy off the local PD's to go along with it? $266,000 a year for a police officer is probably a good start.

Also I have a question. Page 5 of the PDF David posted (Thanks David) 

A couple of lines there about a law officer getting a gun in the course of an investigation. Would that (and I'm serious) include a traffic stop, just a usual guy going to work or something stopped for speeding or running a stop sign. Officer finds out he has a permit. Does that mean that the firearm being carried would go through the wringer and need a background check to recover. 

If the wish list doesn't pass or gets watered down there is a lot of harassment that they could do as they have done to the coal industry almost shutting it down. 

We aren't in Kansas anymore. New York just passed a 7 round max magazine in the dead of night apparently.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/york-state-passes-toughest-gun-control-law-nation/story?id=18224091

7 round max no grandfathering, can't give a gun even to a family member without an FFL. 

Scary.

Edited by mikedwood