Jesse Ventura Sues Wife of Slain Navy SEAL Chris Kyle

FNG bravo foxtrot douchebag. would love to see dick marcinko ( retired seal,team 6 creator,venturas age) of all people, wipe his ass with him...how fng deplorable...  if he settled w the estate for a dollar on principle id change my opinion, but to hit her and her child for that kind of coin is reprehensible.what a bloody clumpy douche.

• Like 2

I'm sorry, but I'm going to come to JV's defense here...

Even if you put Chris's statements in the best possible light....  He was bragging about a 30 year old beating the snot out of a 60 year old man in a bar fight, over words.  And then goes on multiple national news programs and brags about it.  I don't know about you... but if I as a 30 year old just lost my temper to the point I beat on an old man in a bar fight, over something the old man said....  I wouldn't go around bragging about it on national TV, I'd be too ashamed of myself.

Sure seems there might be two douche-bags in this story, not just one.

[quote name="JayC" post="1173705" timestamp="1406710196"]I'm sorry, but I'm going to come to JV's defense here... Even if you put Chris's statements in the best possible light.... He was bragging about a 30 year old beating the snot out of a 60 year old man in a bar fight, over words. And then goes on multiple national news programs and brags about it. [size=4]I don't know about you... but if I as a 30 year old just lost my temper to the point I beat on an old man in a bar fight, over something the old man said.... I wouldn't go around bragging about it on national TV, I'd be too ashamed of myself.[/size] Sure seems there might be two douche-bags in this story, not just one.[/quote] JV isn't exactly a feeble old man. Plenty of 60 year olds are an even match for a 30 year old. When I was 30 and my grandpa was 75, I'm pretty sure he could still whoop me. Not to mention JV was running his suck. No matter how big or small he was, he needed punching. He sure doesn't deserve 2 million dollars for it. Here's hoping he spends some of that money on an African Safari, and happens to come by a herd of aggressively horny male rhinos with a necro fetish.

1. He was running his mouth being disrespectful and doesn't want to pay the consequences, 2. he wanted a payday, 3.he couldn't man up . 4. talks bad about bush. 5.his radio show failed. I got a feeling he is a lib. In my eyes he has brought more disrespect to the Navy than mark kelly. 

It was my understanding that it wasn't a fight but that Kyle punched him in the mouth once for running his mouth, and then quickly left the bar while he was still down.

I think it's complete BS to sue the widow of a man who wasn't alive to defend himself in court. The defense relied on a video taped deposition IIRC. Kind of hard to defend yourself after the fact since you can't expound or help your lawyer cross examine witnesses. If they felt the need to reach a judgment then it should have been a dollar.

I'm sorry but talking bad about the military, about the President, even about Special units is now reason enough to assault somebody?  And reason enough to be proud of it?

Again, we've all lost our temper and done things we regret...  I'm just saying that if everything Chris Kyle said on TV was true... he was just as big of a dbag as JV is.

JV isn't exactly a feeble old man. Plenty of 60 year olds are an even match for a 30 year old. When I was 30 and my grandpa was 75, I'm pretty sure he could still whoop me. Not to mention JV was running his suck. No matter how big or small he was, he needed punching. He sure doesn't deserve 2 million dollars for it. Here's hoping he spends some of that money on an African Safari, and happens to come by a herd of aggressively horny male rhinos with a necro fetish.

I'm sorry but talking bad about the military, about the President, even about Special units is now reason enough to assault somebody?  And reason enough to be proud of it?

Again, we've all lost our temper and done things we regret...  I'm just saying that if everything Chris Kyle said on TV was true... he was just as big of a dbag as JV is.

Most of us have the good sense to stay out of a bar populated with people of a particular mindset and who's culture is settling such conflicts with violence, or if in said bar NOT contracting diarrhea of the mouth. If I went into a "biker bar" and started running my mouth off in a derogatory manner towards bikers I'd expect to be assaulted. Where's his responsibility in this matter? You cannot engage in inflammatory speech and be innocent of the results.

• Like 2

If you run your mouth to a SEAL, or one of our other highly trained killers, you need your ass whipped. Not because of what you said, but because you're fucking stupid.

• Like 4

Most of us have the good sense to stay out of a bar populated with people of a particular mindset and who's culture is settling such conflicts with violence, or if in said bar NOT contracting diarrhea of the mouth. If I went into a "biker bar" and started running my mouth off in a derogatory manner towards bikers I'd expect to be assaulted. Where's his responsibility in this matter? You cannot engage in inflammatory speech and be innocent of the results.

I agree, but it doesn't make it right either.  Honestly, I don't give a crap about this one way or the other.  Two meat heads doing what meat heads do.  If this hadn't been put down in a book that was then made available to millions, you would have never heard of a lawsuit.  At the end of they day, JV made his case and won.  Until someone comes up with a better system, I will have to accept this just like I have to accept that OJ didn't do it.

I agree, but it doesn't make it right either.  Honestly, I don't give a crap about this one way or the other.  Two meat heads doing what meat heads do.  If this hadn't been put down in a book that was then made available to millions, you would have never heard of a lawsuit.  At the end of they day, JV made his case and won.  Until someone comes up with a better system, I will have to accept this just like I have to accept that OJ didn't do it.

The difference being suing an estate: hardly a "win" in my book.

You make it out like JV was some type of outsider in this situation...  He is/was very much a part of the same community... JV was there giving a speech to the current BDU/S class, the owner of the bar in question was a former SEAL and service friend of JV's, and lets not forget while 'only' a frogman, JV did graduate from BDU/S himself.

But, none of that matters...  Even if you put this in the BEST light possible for Chris Kyle...  That everything Kyle said is 100% true...  He attacked an old man for talking trash, a fellow veteran, and somebody who the Navy thought enough of to invite to speak to the current BDU/S class....  and left him on the floor and ran out of there because he was drunk...  

Now, people make bad choices, they let their emotions get the better of their judgement, we hope that tier 1 operators are better selected than that...  but according to Kyle himself that is what happened.  I'd hope a good man would have some regret in the cold light of day for attacking somebody over words they spoke...

But, the story doesn't end there...  he then goes and proudly proclaims in his book, how we beat up an old man for trash talking... like it was some kind of patriotic accomplishment....  somebody involved had the good sense to keep JV's name out of the book...  doubtful it was Chris Kyle.

But, that wasn't good enough...  he had to go on national TV and name the old man he assaulted?

Maybe my parents raised me better...  I've not always lived up to their expectations, there have been times I've lost my temper over words and resorted to a physical altercation...  The difference is I always felt regret over that behavior...  I for sure wouldn't go boasting in a book how that failure in self control was something to be celebrated...  And I would never attempt to further that poor choice by trying to use that altercation to belittle the person in question on national TV.

None of this excuses JV's alleged behavior that night...  I'm not here to defend his honor or dishonor that night...  he very well may have been running his mouth, and Kyle lost his temper and acted rashly...  All of that could be chalked up as a error in judgement...  boasting about it in a book, then go on national TV and publicly calling JV out...  that was just the act of a jerk, and at the very least makes him no better than JV.

• Like 1

You make it out like JV was some type of outsider in this situation...  He is/was very much a part of the same community... JV was there giving a speech to the current BDU/S class, the owner of the bar in question was a former SEAL and service friend of JV's, and lets not forget while 'only' a frogman, JV did graduate from BDU/S himself.

But, none of that matters...  Even if you put this in the BEST light possible for Chris Kyle...  That everything Kyle said is 100% true...  He attacked an old man for talking trash, a fellow veteran, and somebody who the Navy thought enough of to invite to speak to the current BDU/S class....  and left him on the floor and ran out of there because he was drunk...  

Now, people make bad choices, they let their emotions get the better of their judgement, we hope that tier 1 operators are better selected than that...  but according to Kyle himself that is what happened.  I'd hope a good man would have some regret in the cold light of day for attacking somebody over words they spoke...

But, the story doesn't end there...  he then goes and proudly proclaims in his book, how we beat up an old man for trash talking... like it was some kind of patriotic accomplishment....  somebody involved had the good sense to keep JV's name out of the book...  doubtful it was Chris Kyle.

But, that wasn't good enough...  he had to go on national TV and name the old man he assaulted?

Maybe my parents raised me better...  I've not always lived up to their expectations, there have been times I've lost my temper over words and resorted to a physical altercation...  The difference is I always felt regret over that behavior...  I for sure wouldn't go boasting in a book how that failure in self control was something to be celebrated...  And I would never attempt to further that poor choice by trying to use that altercation to belittle the person in question on national TV.

None of this excuses JV's alleged behavior that night...  I'm not here to defend his honor or dishonor that night...  he very well may have been running his mouth, and Kyle lost his temper and acted rashly...  All of that could be chalked up as a error in judgement...  boasting about it in a book, then go on national TV and publicly calling JV out...  that was just the act of a jerk, and at the very least makes him no better than JV.

I disagree. That fact makes him even more culpable.

EDIT: I also doubt Kyle went on TV with that intention. People say stupid stuff while mic'd just about every day and later regret it in hindsight. The fact remains that dead people cannot assist in their defense. I can see the plaintiff's lawyers being downright giddy when they heard that Kyle was murdered. Imagine your widow getting sued for something that you did.

Edited by SWJewellTN

Once upon a time, when a guy ran his mouth and then got his teeth knocked out for it, the other helped him up, shook his hand and they went about their business.  Now we write books and file lawsuits.  :shrug:

Personally, I think the whole thing is sophomoric at best.  It's what happens when two guys with big egos collide. 

Just so you can watch for yourself: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VU5MLcWXzfo

And my wife wouldn't have gotten sued, because she would not be the executor of my estate.  You have to keep in mind JV didn't file a lawsuit against the wife...  he had an ongoing lawsuit filed against Kyle that was working it's way through the system...  and then when he died the executor of his estate - who just happens to be his wife - was added to the lawsuit.

That is normal, it's the way our legal system works, I don't read anything into that...  

I disagree. That fact makes him even more culpable.

EDIT: I also doubt Kyle went on TV with that intention. People say stupid stuff while mic'd just about every day and later regret it in hindsight. The fact remains that dead people cannot assist in their defense. I can see the plaintiff's lawyers being downright giddy when they heard that Kyle was murdered. Imagine your widow getting sued for something that you did.