voldemort at it again

I've read the thread.....I was trying to make the point that I don't care what they do with/to/against/for/without/withhold/withdraw/renew/revoke to Lenny.  My libertarian views just clog up like Al Sharpton's arteries when he comes up on the view screen.  I think I would rather hear what Michael Moore has to say this week than hear about Lenny's attempts to save us all.

I've read the thread.....I was trying to make the point that I don't care what they do with/to/against/for/without/withhold/withdraw/renew/revoke to Lenny.  My libertarian views just clog up like Al Sharpton's arteries when he comes up on the view screen.  I think I would rather hear what Michael Moore has to say this week than hear about Lenny's attempts to save us all.

Then, how come you read 17 pages of advanced civil rights lawyerin'?  :rofl:

I'm just becoming more and more convinced that this douchebag is on the payroll of the VPC, or some other such gun-grabbing organization.

He doesn't stand a chance at a jury ever awarding him a dime.  The best jury he could possibly hope for is a bunch of "gun people", and threads like this one clearly show that even most of us wouldn't be on his side. 

I own 4 myself, and there is more than 1 lbs of difference between the lightest one I own, and the heaviest.  And all of them are the same basic configuration, telescoping stock, 16 inch barrel...  I'm not talking about the weight of the rail mounted stuff...  just the base guns vary by over 1lbs.

And yes Carbon fiber...  I managed to pick up one of those bushmaster carbon fiber AR (for it for a steal) and it's a lot lighter than my M&P.

Just look at a single manufacturer Bushmaster...  They have identical looking 5.56 AR's ranging from 5.5 lbs for the Carbon 15 quad rail to 8.2 lbs for the Patrolman's Carbine Quad Rail...  And that is just looking at a single brand of AR's that have the same basic outward appearance.  And you have a 2.5+ lbs difference between them.

I'd be happy to put my money where my mouth is Mike, I'll put together 2 Glock 19 locked pistol cases, and if you can guess correctly on both if they are loaded or unloaded I'll buy you a case of beer.  And I think we can agree that is a much simpler test than some random model AR15 being loaded or unloaded.  And that is before you start adding in 300 blackout models :)

Once again, I disagree. I have five AR-15's, and they're all different. I'm a reasonable person, that owns a bunch of AR's. Carbon fiber? Really?

Edited by JayC

I own 4 myself, and there is more than 1 lbs of difference between the lightest one I own, and the heaviest.  And all of them are the same basic configuration, telescoping stock, 16 inch barrel...  I'm not talking about the weight of the rail mounted stuff...  just the base guns vary by over 1lbs.

And yes Carbon fiber...  I managed to pick up one of those bushmaster carbon fiber AR (for it for a steal) and it's a lot lighter than my M&P.

Just look at a single manufacturer Bushmaster...  They have identical looking 5.56 AR's ranging from 5.5 lbs for the Carbon 15 quad rail to 8.2 lbs for the Patrolman's Carbine Quad Rail...  And that is just looking at a single brand of AR's that have the same basic outward appearance.  And you have a 2.5+ lbs difference between them.

I'd be happy to put my money where my mouth is Mike, I'll put together 2 Glock 19 locked pistol cases, and if you can guess correctly on both if they are loaded or unloaded I'll buy you a case of beer.  And I think we can agree that is a much simpler test than some random model AR15 being loaded or unloaded.

It doesn't matter. If it feels loaded, that's all that's required. Any one of those rifles are obviously heavier to YOU when shove a 30 round mag into them. Probable... look it up.

• Like 1

All that matters is if the officer can reasonably articulate why he believed that that particular rifle was loaded (the perceived weight, correct or incorrect, being only one component of that).

Arguing about weight difference between one AR and another within the same manufacturer or among various manufacturers has nothing to do with that officer, that AR and why he believed it might be loaded.

It doesn't matter. If it feels loaded, that's all that's required. Any one of those rifles are obviously heavier to YOU when shove a 30 round mag into them. Probable... look it up.

Darn it Mike; you beat me to the punch by 3 minutes (according to the forum)...not bad for an old fart. ;)

Frankly, I think it was a matter of mere seconds as I got the message that there was a new reply just as I was about to hit "POST". Therefore, I believe there is probable cause for a full-on investigation into the operation of the forum software and in particular, its timing components.  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Edited by RobertNashville

Darn it Mike; you beat me to the punch by 3 minutes (according to the forum)...not bad for an old fart. ;)

Frankly, I think it was a matter of mere seconds as I got the message that there was a new reply just as I was about to hit "POST". Therefore, I believe there is probable cause for a full-on investigation into the operation of the forum software and in particular, its timing components.  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Yep. Let's get what's left of OJ's dream team to argue it into the ground. In the end, the judge is gonna say, "No money for you, Douchemort. I done told you twice already" :)

Yep. Let's get what's left of OJ's dream team to argue it into the ground. In the end, the judge is gonna say, "No money for you, Douchemort. I done told you twice already" :)

I'm enjoying the steady evolution of his name.

I'm willing to put some money down that the judge blesses off on it.

I doubt it will go that far. Sounds like Lennys job is on the line; he needs this over. For as smart as some here seem to think he is; I don’t think he thought he would be arrested.

The issue is the suppressor and his refusal to present the paperwork. I’m guessing he surrenders all NFA stuff and the Feds yank his FFL.

I doubt it will go that far. Sounds like Lennys job is on the line; he needs this over. For as smart as some here seem to think he is; I don’t think he thought he would be arrested.

The issue is the suppressor and his refusal to present the paperwork. I’m guessing he surrenders all NFA stuff and the Feds yank his FFL.

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

I hope the feds wind up with enough information to make that call. It won't be from me, as much as I dislike the guy. Still, he has NO business with an FFL.

Guest nra37922

I take it that this person is a first rate asshole but was he trying to make some sort of a political statement or just being an ass? 

Exactly, exigent circumstances carries a lot of weight while you are on public streets and in this situation these officers can testify to their firearm expertise.

Welp the exigent circumstance exemption to warrantless search would not have applied in this case because there was no "urgency of action" required to prevent imminent harm, to keep evidence from being destroyed or to prevent the escape of a suspect.

That's not just "my opinion" that's just how exigent circumstance exemptions are triggered.

But yes, if those triggerable conditions are met, exigent circumstances do carry a lot of weight.
  • Like 1

Dave how do they pull his FFL or SOT?  There are no public danger exceptions the FFL requirements...  they'd have to get a conviction for the FFL to be taken away...  The ATF pretty limited in it's enforcement powers when it comes to FFLs to begin with.  I don't see how they can take enforcement action unless there is a conviction.

And my guess is if Leonard wants this to go away, he'll hire an attorney who will messenger over a copy of the NFA paperwork to the local DA, and come to some agreement on dismissing the charges...  and my guess is that agreement might well include not filing a civil lawsuit against the police department.

I take it that this person is a first rate asshole but was he trying to make some sort of a political statement or just being an ass? 

You aint from around here are you?  :)

"Him of whom we do not speak" but speak about anyway, has a long a storied history of asshole-like actions such as the subject of this thread as well as phenomenally crazy, irrational, condescending and combative posts on this and every single forum he's ever been a former member of (emphasis on "former" as he's been banned from all of them, apparently even a Golden Retrieve forum; go figure).

No one knows his true motivations although we all have our theories but at the end of the day, most of us seem to agree that his actions are stupid, and irresponsible as well as detrimental to the overall firearm community and for that, he is usually treated with scorn and acrimony.

P.S. And to simplify yes...he's an asshole.

Edited by RobertNashville
  • Like 1

You aint from around here are you?  :)

"Him of whom we do not speak" but speak about anyway, has a long a storied history of asshole-like actions such as the subject of this thread as well as phenomenally crazy, irrational, condescending combative posts on this and every singly forum he's ever been a former member (emphasis on "former" as he's been banned from all of them, apparently even a Golden Retrieve forum; go figure).

No one knows his true motivations although we all have our theories but at the end of the day, most of us seem to agree that his actions are stupid, irresponsible as well as detrimental to the overall firearm community and for that, he is usually treated with scorn and acrimony.

What Robert's trying to say... Yep, first rate asshole. :)