voldemort at it again

Funny thing, a poster on the Kel Tec owner's forum made a post in the thread about this incident over there claiming that Embody is held in pretty high regard in the firearms community for his firearms related woodworking skills.  I had never even heard that he possessed such skills.  Further, the poster claimed that Embody has a 'stellar rep' among the locals in Nashville who are actually 'from' Nashville (not music biz types, etc.)

I could not resist calling BS on that, in a somewhat more polite manner (the 'tone' over there isn't always as 'direct' as it is on here) by pointing out that even the folks who defend his actions on the TN gun owners site generally do not seem to hold him in very high regard.  But, being that I live in East Tennessee, I do have to ask, just to be sure, am I wrong?  Are there really a bunch of Embody groupies in the Nashville gun scene?

Edited by JAB

Funny thing, a poster on the Kel Tec owner's forum made a post in the thread about this incident over there claiming that Embody is held in pretty high regard in the firearms community for his firearms related woodworking skills.  I had never even heard that he possessed such skills.  Further, the poster claimed that Embody has a 'stellar rep' among the locals in Nashville who are actually 'from' Nashville (not music biz types, etc.)

I could not resist calling BS on that, in a somewhat more polite manner (the 'tone' over there isn't always as 'direct' as it is on here) by pointing out that even the folks who defend his actions on the TN gun owners site generally do not seem to hold him in very high regard.  But, being that I live in East Tennessee, I do have to ask, just to be sure, am I wrong?  Are there really a bunch of Embody groupies in the Nashville gun scene?

If'n there is I haven't seen one anywhere in town.

I'm sure he has some followers but I'd bet few would be willing to identify themselves as such.

Dave how do they pull his FFL or SOT?  There are no public danger exceptions the FFL requirements...  they'd have to get a conviction for the FFL to be taken away...  The ATF pretty limited in it's enforcement powers when it comes to FFLs to begin with.  I don't see how they can take enforcement action unless there is a conviction.

And my guess is if Leonard wants this to go away, he'll hire an attorney who will messenger over a copy of the NFA paperwork to the local DA, and come to some agreement on dismissing the charges...  and my guess is that agreement might well include not filing a civil lawsuit against the police department.

I think a better question (for the Feds to answer) would be how did a guy whose own state revoked his HCP saying he was a danger get an FFL? I have no idea what the Feds can and can’t do as far as pulling an FFL; you obviously have access to laws that I have not seen. I know a lot of people here said the state of Tennessee couldn’t pull his HCP because he had committed no crime; but they did.

Link them to his website and see what they think of him.

Lenny Baby has now posted his account of the incident on his FFL website. Says that there was indeed a cable lock around "case" in addition to tape. Upfront about future lawsuit.

And to save anyone asking, here is info regarding the "Younger Abstention":

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Younger_v._Harris

and Abstention Doctrine overall:

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Younger+Abstention

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

http://www.atf.gov/publications/factsheets/factsheet-ffl-revocation-process.html

Just for those that are curious.  This is the ATF fact sheet on the FFL revocation process.   I am not sure what their recourse would be or their full guidelines, but i guess this is good a place to start looking, for those that are interested, as any.

The FFLs who willfully violate the laws and regulations preventing FFL from accomplishing its mission to protect the public we serve are few. Willfulness is not defined in the regulations but is defined by case law to mean the intentional disregard of a known legal duty or plain indifference to a licensee’s legal obligations. In the case of an FFL who has willfully violated the law, has shown an intentional disregard for regulatory requirements, or has knowingly participated in criminal acts, revocation often becomes the only viable option.

Doesn’t sound to me like they are very limited in what they can do. Sounds like they make case law as they go.

Lenny Baby has now posted his account of the incident on his FFL website. Says that there was indeed a cable lock around "case" in addition to tape. Upfront about future lawsuit.

- OS

Something tells me the judge may actually enjoy jamming this one up his ass.

An hour and nine minutes of this guy? I don’t think I can stand that.

Thud.gif

Guest nra37922

JC y'all I just searched on this man and I hate to bash someone who may have a mental disorder but WOW what an absolute jerk.  Its going to be hard to keep him out of the 2015 NRA convention, unless he's in jail.

Screenplay of Voldemort in jail. . .Prisoner number 1: "Whats your name fish?". . .Voldemort: "I dont have to give you my name". . .Prisoner number 2: "Lets get you them little panties off". . . Voldemort: "Am I being detained?" . . Prisoner number 1 and 2 "go to work" on Voldemort. . ."Voldemort I do not consent to this prison plowing". . . yet plowing continues. . .rinse and repeat. . .

Edited by turkeydad
The latest 1:09 long video is somewhat entertaining. It does contain quite a bit more interaction with LE that the first two videos did not.

According to him, they strip searched him (prior to the official strip search), hoping to find the key that belonged too the lock. Once they determined he did not have a key, the judge allowed LE to cut the lock/case in order to determine if it was loaded. That's when they found the paperwork for the supressor. He was then charged with being in possession of an illegal supressor.

In case you're wondering, he has feet in his shoes. :lol:
Edited by TripleDigitRide
Guest nra37922

That's when they found the paperwork forth supressor. He was then charged with being in possession of an illegal supressor.

Huh?  Do not understand as he had the paperwork...

That's when they found the paperwork forth supressor. He was then charged with being in possession of an illegal supressor.

Huh? Do not understand as he had the paperwork...

I dunno. Unless they are interpreting the laws differently than I am, I suspect LE and the judge are in "get even" mode at this point.

I dunno. Unless they are interpreting the laws differently than I am, I suspect LE and the judge are in "get even" mode at this point.

You have two things. You have the law, and then you have the system. We can jailhouse lawyer this thing to death, but shouldn't overlook the fact that it's a lot more than just written statutes and case law. These boys (and girls) have a lot of power and resources if they chose to use them. An individual can't win with a small budget and a very weak case. You either need a lot of money, or a very strong case that will generate a lot of money, like the Zimmerman case.

It's obvious, even to the feeble minded, what Lenny is trying to do. There won't be a groundswell of money and/or support for his cause. He is on his own. My money says, they're going to slap him around like a little bitch.

Every one of his scams have been way to weak to generate a payoff. This one is the same. If I was a juror, I wouldn't award him a penny if they had stomped his nuts into the sidewalk. Instead, I would be trying to find a way to buy those boys a beer.

I wonder if it has to do with his suppressor being in a trust.  So not only does he have to show the paperwork for the suppressor he has to show that he is a trustee in the trust that is listed on the form 4.  I'd be willing to be he had the tax stamp with the gun but not the trust information to prove that he could legally possess it.

He does have the SOT to deal in class 3 items.  It seems more likely to me though that he would use his personal property for this type of thing.  I think it would be safer for him in the long run.   

Either way if it was a trust or his FFL owned he would still require 2 different documents to show legal possession.  For the trust it would be the tax stamp and paperwork showing he is a trustee.

For the FFL he would have the document showing that the suppressor belongs to the FFL and then he would have to show that he holds the FFL that the suppressor belongs to. 

From leonard's account of it it appears like there was one form in the case but likely not the other. 

Nice guys don't go after people as vengefully as he's done to several over the years.  Nice guys don't post my HCP and my wife's HCP and my wife's birth certificate on their web pages and make sexually explicit remarks about my wife on their web site.

Leonard doesn't like me very much because I was one of the forum admins that booted him.  The feeling is mutual of course, but some people don't have class.

Maybe Brad Thor will offer to buy a new gun for whichever citizen finally smokes this clown during his next publicity stunt.  As has been said, sooner or later he's going to scare the right person and they're going to perceive him as a threat and end this bull#### for all of us.  But I'm sure Leonard has briefed his wife completely so that she will know precisely how to sue that person in civil court and try to provide the sort of life for her and their kids that he seemingly can't any other way.... so I hope they have a good lawyer.

Those of you who think he's a great guy and who support him financially through your firearms purchases have dozens of other choices on where to spend your money locally.  Why this guy?  Does something about his character resonate with you?

I think this Lenny is smarter than ours.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTr-Z1ZOmQE

Edited by bubbiesdad