Boycott McDonalds

whitewolf001

The fella could've been more cordial but at the same time, I don't know him, all the same this employee needs to be reprimanded and I myself will be avoiding the Golden Arches as I come from a LONG line of veterans.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10202395082025532&set=p.10202395082025532&type=1&theater#!/photo.php?v=4992285745083&set=vb.1837837502&type=2&theater

Edited by whitewolf001

Pretty lame but calling a boycott over what looks like a screw up by a single individual in a chain that hires many tens of thousands of bottom of the barrel type employees is possibly a drastic over-reaction to this?

I mean, they made the offer and probably gave away thousands of bucks worth of burgers to vets across the country.  ONE of em did not get his burger due to a screw up.  I can't get mad at the whole chain over THAT.  They did not have to give away anything at all... 

Edited by Jonnin
  • Like 3

Pretty lame but calling a boycott over what looks like a screw up by a single individual in a chain that hires many tens of thousands of bottom of the barrel type employees is possibly a drastic over-reaction to this?

I mean, they made the offer and probably gave away thousands of bucks worth of burgers to vets across the country.  ONE of em did not get his burger due to a screw up.  I can't get mad at the whole chain over THAT.  They did not have to give away anything at all... 

Point valid sir, still I will not be visiting them for some time. I did the same thing when Old Navy had a Marine removed in Florida. But that is my own, probably flawed, opinion.

Edited by whitewolf001

Annnnnnnnnnd just realized I posted this in long guns... -_-

That's what really caught my attention. I wondered what McDonalds had to do with long guns. lol

I quit going to McDonalds years ago, their "food" sucks and is of the worst quality. I simply refuse to put it in my body. Edited by BrasilNuts
  • Like 4

Yeah, she was wrong, but at the same time his disrespectful behavior was uncalled for.  If he is going to represent himself as a vet he should be more mindful of his military bearing.

This was what I thought as well, if you're trying to prove a point, don't be an ass about it otherwise your valid point is going to be taken with a grain of salt.

That's what really caught my attention. I wondered what McDonalds had to do with long guns. lol

I quit going to McDonalds years ago, their "food" sucks and is of the worst quality. I simply refuse to put it in my body.

Just put some froglube on it it will taste better

• Like 1

aside from it being McDonalds, which I pretty much never eat by choice anyway, why would I boycott a chain of restaurants for an incident by a rogue employee?

My local McD's did not have anything to do with it?  They are franchises and owned by individuals not involved with it either.

• Like 1

I can think of a million other reasons to not go to that chain. The food being the main one. But arguing with a customer is not very

good. That's rampant nowadays.

Wow, she is a complete dumbass. Of course, what do you expect. I haven't been in a McDonald's in years. The food sucks, the people working there are usually rude and ignorant, and they tend to be nasty. If I was him I would have just left, and gave the office a call. Its not a big deal to most vets. I don't expect or feel like I deserve any free shit for doing what I felt I needed to do. But I would definitely call the office to let them know they had an idiot on their hands. Its not a restaurant problem, its an employee problem. Lumping all Mcd's together because of her is just as bad as lumping all gun owners together because of one person.

Well I think there is a possibility that both were wrong. He was rude, that is true but does anyone here know his situation. Does he suffer from any type of PTSD? Even the slightest amount could cause that type of action but then he could just be a butt head. Now as for the employee, I think she was wrong in standing her ground and protecting about 35 cents worth of food that was being offered by McDonalds across the nation. I would be willing to bet had the manager been on site the man would have been served and this incident would have never happened. Had I been the employee and they offered up any form of proof of being in the military they would have got the Big Mac but thats just how I am.............jmho

McDoubles are quite tasty.

BTW, vet guy was pushing the envelope for a free meal but I don't fault him for that.  Maybe the hard-assed woman needs to understand the English language and what a simple sentence means.

Edited by Garufa
I don't eat mcdonalds much, but do on occasion.

while each location is independently owned, the corporation does take (in my experience) a very "hands-on" approach with the franchisees.

I had a customer experience with the location in east nashville that really ticked me off. i sent an email explaining the situation, and received three phone calls over the next few weeks. one from the regional corporate trainer, one from the area manager, and one from the franchisee. each one was genuinely interested and wanted to work to improve the customer service there.

i gained a lot of respect for mcdonalds corporate with that experience.
IMHO, I think the employee didn't have a well enough rasp of the English language and the veteran was also a little out of line. Let's not place the blame on every McDonald's because of the action of one employee and also let's not condem every veteran for the actions of one. I think this was an isolated incident and should be viewed as such.

God bless all who served our country in both time of war and peace. Edited by joe45
Been boycotting The Clown, The King & The Colonel for about 12 years.
Nothing political, just don't agree with KFC's policy on chicken raising & BK & McD's are barely food. Just pointless calories with slightly less nutritional value than the wrappers they come in.
Gimme a roadside taco stand any day

Sent outta my ass by flying monkeys.

My wife and I were in Applebee's in Knoxville and they were not checking any ID's. A lot of people coming in where uniform parts or a hat. Made us wonder how many were not veterans and were just there to get a free meal. They know me well enough to know that I am a veteran. We order the say thing every time we go in so I took the savings and gave a nice tip to the waitress. Nothing like getting a 50% tip.

My wife also coined a saying I will use from now on. For us Veteran's Day will not be referred to as "National Story Telling Day".

• Like 1

Point valid sir, still I will not be visiting them for some time. I did the same thing when Old Navy had a Marine removed in Florida. But that is my own, probably flawed, opinion.

It was probably just too hard to maintain high levels of camp whilst he was there.