War D$&m Eagle!!!

AU_88

Coaches and ADs that wanted to have been increasingly "gaming" the BCS with scheduling. It is more like investing with a minimum ROI. they may not make it in the top 2, but undefeated gets them somewhere near the top 4... as opposed to 9, 10, or 11.

Those top bowl games are worth a LOT of money to a program. Auburn fans: I anybody still taking Pat Dye to these games? I sure hope so...

Edited by Peace

Brad Edwards just said FSU has probably the weakest schedule of a BCS team to ever play in a NC... But don't take my word for it.

I'll offer you this- you come to my house, we will grill out and watch the National Championship game. Then I'll come to your house, we'll grill out and watch Auburn play in the Tyson Chicken Nugget Bowl........

First off I've been an FSU fan all my life and I hate that Bama lost because I wanted to see that NC game. I keep hearing the same weak schedule over and over and I would get that if FSU just weaseled through. BUT, they didn't, they beat the piss out of them and started putting 2 string in at halftime on a lot of them. A weak team doesn't run a season allowing little to no points against them all the while pounding the ball into the oppositions end zone repeatedly. I have a lot of Bama fans as friends on Facebook and I don't think I heard a single one mention the strength of schedule until they let Auburn stick it to them and all the sudden they are all crying. I don't get upset over any football game because it's just that, a game. Like I said earlier, I really was looking forward to FSU and Bama playing so I guess in a way my feelings are hurt to lol

• Like 1

With that said- FSU still has more National Championships than Auburn.

This isn't true. Both university have two claimed NC, FSU has 6 unclaimed and Auburn has 14 unclaimed championships.

You're a joke. I never said FSU is a bad team, I just argued that their schedule was weak, and in fact, by my calculations, the opposing teams combined record has a .483 winning percentage. If you feel like you need to degrade my Auburn Tigers and the SEC, then continue. I think you're a joke, and quite frankly I would be surprised if you ever really did set foot in Tallahassee due to the fact that most graduates of FSU I've had the pleasure to spend time with have had far more class than you... I know that doesn't mean much coming from a low class Barner such as myself, but I stand by it. I'm going to wait to see what happens next week in Atlanta before I continue this conversation. Best of luck against Duke and I hope our two teams meet in the National Championship.

This isn't true. Both university have two claimed NC, FSU has 6 unclaimed and Auburn has 14 unclaimed championships.

You're a joke. I never said FSU is a bad team, I just argued that their schedule was weak, and in fact, by my calculations, the opposing teams combined record has a .483 winning percentage. If you feel like you need to degrade my Auburn Tigers and the SEC, then continue. I think you're a joke, and quite frankly I would be surprised if you ever really did set foot in Tallahassee due to the fact that most graduates of FSU I've had the pleasure to spend time with have had far more class than you... I know that doesn't mean much coming from a low class Barner such as myself, but I stand by it. I'm going to wait to see what happens next week in Atlanta before I continue this conversation. Best of luck against Duke and I hope our two teams meet in the National Championship.

Yep, I'm a native Floridian, lived in Tallahassee for several years, and did in fact graduate from FSU. But now you are saying I'm classless. You are the one whinning about how FSU sucks and that Auburn deserves to be in the title game simply because the conference they are in. You kept going on and on and on. Boo hoo, Auburn is getting robbed, boo hoo......

Dont attack FSU if you can't take the same about Aubarn.....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

[quote name="CQB Elite" post="1072034" timestamp="1385960002"] Yep, I'm a native Floridian, lived in Tallahassee for several years, and did in fact graduate from FSU. But now you are saying I'm classless. You are the one whinning about how FSU sucks and that Auburn deserves to be in the title game simply because the conference they are in. You kept going on and on and on. Boo hoo, Auburn is getting robbed, boo hoo...... Dont attack FSU if you can't take the same about Aubarn..... Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk[/quote] The fact is what he's saying is true, and what you're saying is not. The fact that you have FSU blinders on makes no difference. FSU will be in the championship game, so I don't really see what you're problem is to begin with. Doesn't mean they're the best team in the nation, or even one of the top two teams in the nation. It means that the computer puts them on top because they're undefeated. Same situation with Ohio State, a team that barely beat a unranked Michigan Saturday. No, I'm not an Auburn fan, I see things objectively Edited by KKing

The fact is what he's saying is true, and what you're saying is not. The fact that you have FSU blinders on makes no difference. FSU will be in the championship game, so I don't really see what you're problem is to begin with. Doesn't mean they're the best team in the nation, or even one of the top two teams in the nation. It means that the computer puts them on top because they're undefeated. Same situation with Ohio State, a team that barely beat a unranked Michigan Saturday. No, I'm not an Auburn fan, I see things objectively

That's the issue- it's the old "you are only #1 because of a computer" argument. When that fails they start the "toughest conference" argument. I'm tired of the boo hoo-ing. When he couldn't take the heat anymore he got personal saying I'm classless.

BTW- the computer didn't put them at the top simply because they are undefeated. The formula is a little more involved than that.

This back & forth on ACC/SEC, FSU/Auburn/Alabama/Ohio State/whoeveristheflavorofthemoment is one reason why I pull for a mediocre team (at best)-- Mississippi State! (also happens to be my alma mater).

I never have to get pulled into these BCS or National Championship discussions 'cuz it just ain't gonna happen in my lifetime! :taunt:

Edited by tartanphantom
  • Like 1
[quote name="CQB Elite" post="1072045" timestamp="1385961591"] That's the issue- it's the old "you are only #1 because of a computer" argument. When that fails they start the "toughest conference" argument. I'm tired of the boo hoo-ing. When he couldn't take the heat anymore he got personal saying I'm classless. BTW- the computer didn't put them at the top simply because they are undefeated. The formula is a little more involved than that.[/quote] The only problem with what you call "boo-hooing" is that the SEC is in fact the toughest conference. I'm sorry, have you been asleep the past 7 or so years? It didn't all of a sudden change this year because your FSU team went undefeated. Do some reading, look at some Strength of Schedule polls. FSU played no one, and beat everyone. Edited by KKing

Calling that FG attempt was about the stupiest coaching I've seen all year. 

how about the 4th and 4 on their 35 and going for it instead of punting. Not Sure where Alabama was at this game. most probably the best finish of the year if not the past 5 years.

:slapfight:   LEt's Get Ready to Rumble..   :stir:

BTW, bama did have a pretty weak schedule, Auburn (who'd ya play?)  :D

Either way, Felony State will be in the title game, let's just hope whomever plays them can make it a game (Ohio State)

You all need to play nice.

And can someone please explain to me why the battle cry is "War damn Eagle" ?  I've googled it and can't find a genesis story for this that makes sense to me.

Leave the "damn" out when you google for info.

The actual cry is "War Eagle." The "damn" part is added colloquially, especially in rural areas of Alabama.

The wiki on it is correct for the most part. I grew up in Alabama, and the version I always heard is detailed under the section titled "War Eagle I".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_Eagle

Edited by tartanphantom

I love Bama but how has Nick Saban ever won a single game? I knew he was out of his mind that last second.

^ This, and I'm a fan of no college team. When he sent in anyone that he had available to kick a 57 yard field goal I thought he'd lost his mind. I mean, if you're going to send in a freshman because your kicker hasn't hit anything all day long, wouldn't you think to prepare your team to expect a short kick and resulting return? That slight "Oh, CRAP!" delay was the window that that Auburn runner needed to run it back. The coach lost that game.

FSU's schedule is week, that point is not arguable.  Are they #1, now that is arguable on the bassis of how well they have played in those games.  Same goes for Ohio State.  If they both take care of their buisness I'd say we'll see two teams with weak schedules play for a NC. 

You all need to play nice.

And can someone please explain to me why the battle cry is "War damn Eagle" ? I've googled it and can't find a genesis story for this that makes sense to me.

I always play nice... I have no idea what you're talking about. :)

Weak Schedule, don't we go thru this every year? Teams that run the table, oh it's because they have a weak schedule. Folks when they schedule games, some might be tuned up games, but others are games that preseason the teams might look good on paper but flutter during the season, SEC is good for that as well, except we  murder knockout our own teams during the season..