the tgo receiver build thread

reed1285

[quote name="mikegideon" post="1079838" timestamp="1387224392"]Yes. Make Grendel the caliber. You won't sweat the ATF wait, because you won't have a barrel.[/quote] Ha good point, although thats outta the question though because ammo is too expensive and too scarce for the volume of shooting i plan on doing. Going to go with the ol 5.56.
Joseg and refleks, thanks for the advice :)

I really shouldn't have even gone out Saturday. I literally did all my shooting in 15 minutes. I crammed the range trip in between work and a social gathering, and was pretty ill-prepared. I was wwwaaayyyyy rushed... I don't even hardly remember taking time to control my breathing! The trigger blows... it's from a PSA kit. Heavy, a smidge of creep... maybe two smidges.

I'll fool with it some more after New Year's. I'm sure I'll shrink those groups at least in half with a less rushed trip to the range. After that I'll decide what to fix/upgrade next; either the trigger or optic.
  • Like 1

if you guys are still looking for deals on uppers, sign up for PSA emails. they just posted again the ptac m4 with BCG and handle for $289. I swear I'm going to have to get off that list.. 

Can someone post the PTAC website (If they have one).  Some dude in Nebraska is selling some "PTAC" .204 Ruger barrels on GB.  I am trying to learn a bit more.  All I find is some gov incubator agency in Kearney NE, and a gun-finisher in Crestview, FL. 

Can someone post the PTAC website (If they have one).  Some dude in Nebraska is selling some "PTAC" .204 Ruger barrels on GB.  I am trying to learn a bit more.  All I find is some gov incubator agency in Kearney NE, and a gun-finisher in Crestview, FL. 

http://ptacarms.com/18-AR15-204-Ruger-Barrel-20418RG.htm

I do not know if this is the same PTAC that PSA peddles. 

:mad: I really, really, really wanted this for my build but it's been out of stock from the few places that sell them for a couple of months. I think it would not only look great with the upper but I know they feel great, the PSA SQR forearm is very similar and made by the same people.

Today I got the notice from AIM....

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=XPXTFFSSR15

They only have 4 of them, but I already bought another ridiculously priced aluminum tube.

Edited by Garufa

That is a great looking tube. Looks light, also.

Don't know the exact weight because it's not published but it's not as heavy as a full quad-rail and not as light as the MI SS Gen2 SS I ended up with.  The part where normal people put their hand is very thin...like 1.5 inches, then you have rail part where they are actually needed.

Don't know the exact weight because it's not published but it's not as heavy as a full quad-rail and not as light as the MI SS Gen2 SS I ended up with.  The part where normal people put their hand is very thin...like 1.5 inches, then you have rail part where they are actually needed.

Deleted incorrect info.

Edited by TripleDigitRide

Here is a quick question of no importance.

On the CMT site, I notice that for the selector switch, their lowers have the bullet/crossed bullet engraved in the metal. On ours, we have the words "safe/fire". Just wondering how come this is.

Not that I'm complaining. I prefer the words to the childish icons as I am both literate and not selling a big mac with fries. I'm just curious as to why the difference.

On the CMT site, I notice that for the selector switch, their lowers have the bullet/crossed bullet engraved in the metal. On ours, we have the words "safe/fire". Just wondering how come this is.

Not that I'm complaining. I prefer the words to the childish icons as I am both literate and not selling a big mac with fries. I'm just curious as to why the difference.

You'll also note that their standard lowers have grooves on the front of the magwell, useless as far as I'm concered but they look cool.  The terms of this, that and the other (can't think of the proper terminology at this time) resulted in a slightly different configuration.

Edited by Garufa
[quote name="tnguy" post="1081916" timestamp="1387579596"]Here is a quick question of no importance. On the CMT site, I notice that for the selector switch, their lowers have the bullet/crossed bullet engraved in the metal. On ours, we have the words "safe/fire". Just wondering how come this is. Not that I'm complaining. I prefer the words to the childish icons as I am both literate and not selling a big mac with fries. I'm just curious as to why the difference.[/quote] I think they have a "lowest price" contract with some distributors. So in order to not violate that agreement they had to change some things. Like grooves...and maybe selector markings.
  • Like 1

We can read. :rofl:

Edited by RED333

Had a prob getting my bolt catch screws in on both my bolt catch's , the lower parts kits were from PSA. I had to very carefully widen the hole in the bolt catch , not a real problem , just thought I might share ; also not a problem with the lower itself , just the parts kit.

photo_zps7dfcfc4a.jpg

Otherwise both lowers are complete , the .300 BLK

photo_zpsc245d619.jpg

and the other is an undisclosed Xmas present , can't post here.

Edited by Threeeighty