So, Who else here is a flashlight nerd? I am a big Streamlight guy. Just picked up a new ProTac HL. 10 different programmable settings including "High" (600 lumens), Low (33 Lumens) and High Strobe, which is a pulsating 600 lumens. The strobe will make you sick to your stomach in short order. I like it!

• Like 1
  • Moderators

Professing Surefire nerd myself, but I admit I do wish their offerings for pulsating lights was as good as Streamlight's. 

Surefire E2DL

Surefire E1B (someday I'll just admit I lost it)

Surefire G2

Surefire X300 Ultra (need to pickup another one so I'll have two)

I wish I had a $1000 gift certificate to Surefire, I'd be all set!

I have some of all.
Fenix, 4sevens, Surefire, Streamlight, Jetbeam (well, used too anyway), even an old Leatherman flashlight.
I like them all. Sometime I prefer the simplicity of the on/off high/low Surefire, and sometimes I like the lumens/options on the others. My standard carry is a 4sevens quark tactical (love the super low) and my little Leatherman single AAA.

Funny thing is, I used to make fun of my buddy for carrying lights all the time. Once I started carrying them I found out how useful they are and I never knew it!
  • Like 1

I like lights. Fenix and Streamlight are mainly what I purchase. I have a Jet Beam as well but it tends to eat batteries too quickly.

I like AA because of cost and availability. If TSHTF those CR123A's are going to be hard to find. Hell, they are not even that available now. I always have to order online.

I like lights. Fenix and Streamlight are mainly what I purchase. I have a Jet Beam as well but it tends to eat batteries too quickly.

I like AA because of cost and availability. If TSHTF those CR123A's are going to be hard to find. Hell, they are not even that available now. I always have to order online.

Im drawn to Surefire but have been wanting to get a Fenix and Elzetta.

The CR123's have a 10 year shelf life so they say. I bought some in bulk and vacuum sealed them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Loves me a good light, lol.  Ive got several, attached to guns and not attached.  Almost always have two with me, often one on my belt and one in my bag.  One of those is  AA, one is cr123A(Fenix) ...got another one on back order at LA Police Gear....supposed to be 800 lumen...

Main light is a streamlight protac 2AAA, thin, light, and bright (or dim) if need be.

Other lights include a mag 2d led, surefire 6px pro, surefire 6p halogen, petzl tikka headlamp, rayovac headlamp, and a 6v lantern.

I've owned, given away, and lost more lights than I can remember.

Edited by cj0e
I've gotten in to the direct from china low buck units. I'm sure the lumens are way over rated but they are pretty dern bright regardless. Most of mine use the rechargeable 18750 batteries. Most I've paid is $12. No comparison to surefires etc. But I've been enjoying them never the less.

I've gotten in to the direct from china low buck units. I'm sure the lumens are way over rated but they are pretty dern bright regardless. Most of mine use the rechargeable 18750 batteries. Most I've paid is $12. No comparison to surefires etc. But I've been enjoying them never the less.

I've got several of the Ultra-fires too direct from China.. not bad at all.. I love flashlights, they are all over my house.. lol maglights, Harbor freight cheapies, all kinds of them.

Main light is a streamlight protac 2AAA, thin, light, and bright (or dim) if need be.

Other lights include a mag 2d led, surefire 6px pro, surefire 6p halogen, petzl tikka headlamp, rayovac headlamp, and a 6v lantern.

I've owned, given away, and lost moretlights than I can remember.

This is what I carry on my person almost always. I bought 10 last year as Christmas gifts for the supervisors that work for me. One of my favorites. Edited by Good_Steward

Come on, now. Just admit that you're a lumen junkie. The truth shall set you free..... ;)

Heh, I dunno bout lumens, but I am addicted to quality reflectors. I really like a good balance between throw and spot on most lights, and on a few - I like a really, really tight beam that's almost all throw.

Though it is really cool when someone pulls out a light that can illuminate a treeline 200+ yds away

So, Who else here is a flashlight nerd? I am a big Streamlight guy. Just picked up a new ProTac HL. 10 different programmable settings including "High" (600 lumens), Low (33 Lumens) and High Strobe, which is a pulsating 600 lumens. The strobe will make you sick to your stomach in short order. I like it!

I just upgraded from a Maglite XL200 to the SL ProTac HL myself as well. This thing is an absolute BEAST!!!!! I still need to read the manual, though everytime I do I end up blacking out and when I come to, I find myself eating a steak and watching football...

• Like 1