Top Shot Winner Chris Cheng Came Out Today

KahrMan

[quote name="Capbyrd" post="1080546" timestamp="1387333509"]Trying to figure out if he has enough money to turn me...[/quote] I hear alcohol turns many a straight men.......not that I would know or anything. Edited by Il Duce
  • Moderators

I hear alcohol turns many a straight men.......not that I would know or anything.

There is an old joke about this.

What's the difference between a gay man and a straight man?

About a six pack.

Dont you all have something better to do than talk about someone coming out of the closet again...Its getting old and we already know on here who are closet homophobes..No need to tell us all again....

He came out because he wanted to..He didnt "cram it " down someones throat.Dont like it? fine...move on..it doesnt affect any of you,yet you guys act like he is a mass murderer..

What does it matter? he isnt asking any of you guys on a date..

:down:  :down:  :down: :down:  

This needs repeating

I will make a deal with everyone right now. I will not talk about who or what I have sex with if you all will not tell me who or what you have sex with. I do not want to know. Still do not understand why it matters or why it is important to "come out". I'll stay in you stay in and we can talk about something else. Went out shooting yesterday got my PPQ out and sent some down range. There may or may not been someone gay there. Didn't ask. I do wonder if those making such announcements are wanting to be recognized as breaking some type of new ground. The first major whatever to come out.
  • Like 1
[quote name="Sour Kraut" post="1080604" timestamp="1387345748"]I rather am embarrassed to see this get out of hand again on here.,. given that we have a few members that are gay ..yes!.. we do..[/quote] Fortunately, it seems like most of us have been having fun with it and find it funny at this point. At least, a couple of us do. :)
  • Like 1

I don't watch TV, and don't follow competition.

My reaction literally was 1.  ??Who??,  2.  Whatever. 

The problem with gaining the platform and spotlight on your agenda is that - "you ain't special but once".

So....Big deal.   Secretly, I would love to club baby fur seals and fry up some spotted owl, but I ain't publically revealed that yet. So, Whoever you are, Mr. TV Guy, get over yourself.  You're just one more in the crowd.

#dunrunouttarodent'srears  (translated - I don't give a rat's azz)

Ok Ok Ok Settle Down TGO, for all you homophobes on TGO,  I will come out and admit it, I am  Lesbian!  (insert Shocked face here)

Look, I'm not a homophobe or anti-gay, I just think, you don't have to publicize your lifestyle, regardless if you are sponsored or doing some manly stuff. What you do when you are not on the job is your damn business. Gays and Lesbians are not something new, it's been around for ages and no one really seems to care as long as you stay to yourself and did you thing in private. I just think that nowadays, it's more of a "Look at me" thing, morally this country is failing and failing rapidly. Maybe it's someone's plan or we as a society have hit the wall, if we continue the path we are going, we might see the death spiral of the once Great Nation. 

• Like 1

I don't watch TV, and don't follow competition.

My reaction literally was 1.  ??Who??,  2.  Whatever. 

The problem with gaining the platform and spotlight on your agenda is that - "you ain't special but once".

So....Big deal.   Secretly, I would love to club baby fur seals and fry up some spotted owl, but I ain't publically revealed that yet. So, Whoever you are, Mr. TV Guy, get over yourself.  You're just one more in the crowd.

#dunrunouttarodent'srears  (translated - I don't give a rat's azz)

Ok Ok Ok Settle Down TGO, for all you homophobes on TGO,  I will come out and admit it, I am  Lesbian!  (insert Shocked face here)

Look, I'm not a homophobe or anti-gay, I just think, you don't have to publicize your lifestyle, regardless if you are sponsored or doing some manly stuff. What you do when you are not on the job is your damn business. Gays and Lesbians are not something new, it's been around for ages and no one really seems to care as long as you stay to yourself and did you thing in private. I just think that nowadays, it's more of a "Look at me" thing, morally this country is failing and failing rapidly. Maybe it's someone's plan or we as a society have hit the wall, if we continue the path we are going, we might see the death spiral of the once Great Nation. 

Y'all still don't get it.  Just because you don't care, doesn't mean that tabloids are the same way.  Scandals can ruin a person.  Getting out in front of that to make things easier is an option that some feel that they need to take.  

• Like 1

Y'all still don't get it. Just because you don't care, doesn't mean that tabloids are the same way. Scandals can ruin a person. Getting out in front of that to make things easier is an option that some feel that they need to take.

For some reason I cannot see this guy being exposed by a tabloid as being a big headline grabber. Also not sure being gay is considered a scandal these days. My guess is 95+% of the country do not know who he is, heck I watched the show and I can hardly remember him. Anybody that gets on the show is a good shot, winning means he is really good shot. This announcement does not change any of that. Edited by 45guy

Look, here's how I was brought up, as long as you did your job and did it to the best of your ability, what you did outside of work and as long as it didn't reflect on the company, that's all that mattered..

a) does he represent his sponsors well? 

b) do you think he flaunts his lifestyle when it he represents his sponsors?

c) does he flaunt his lifestyle and it adversely reflects on his sponsors?

I believe a) yes, b) no, c) no. So who cares what the rest of the people say or do, why do people need to get all butt hurt (no pun intended) over this?  

For some reason I cannot see this guy being exposed by a tabloid as being a big headline grabber. Also not sure being gay is considered a scandal these days. My guess is 95+% of the country do not know who he is, heck I watched the show and I can hardly remember him. Anybody that gets on the show is a good shot, winning means he is really good shot. This announcement does not change any of that.

You don't have to be Elvis to have a circle of fame. If he's going to have a public life, and generate income from it, he needs to manage his public image. It doesn't have to be a public of millions. Capbyrd hit it right on the head.

• Moderators

Look, here's how I was brought up, as long as you did your job and did it to the best of your ability, what you did outside of work and as long as it didn't reflect on the company, that's all that mattered..

a) does he represent his sponsors well?
b) do you think he flaunts his lifestyle when it he represents his sponsors?
c) does he flaunt his lifestyle and it adversely reflects on his sponsors?

I believe a) yes, b) no, c) no. So who cares what the rest of the people say or do, why do people need to get all butt hurt (no pun intended) over this?

Two questions:
1) Have you ever heard the term "heteronormative bias"?
2) What do you mean by "flaunts his lifestyle"?

Fixed it for ya lol

It didn't need to be fixed and I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't change something I said and pretend they are my words.

Moving on...

He explains in the article (and I'm beginning to wonder if folks here actually read the article before posting comments) his reasons for making the announcement; reasons that seem pretty logical to me because despite the fact that some here don't know about the show/hasn't watched it/don't know who has competed in it, in the larger firearms community these men (and women) are fairly well known. Given that, I can understand why he made the announcement.  What's really important here, in my opinion, is that that he was a great competitor on the show who acquitted himself very well and he's totally outside the "norm" of "gun guys" (being "gay" is only one way in which he breaks the stereotype) which I think is a good thing for the firearm enthusiasts community overall as the more people from all walks of life/lifestyles who become firearm enthusiasts the better.

Edited by RobertNashville
  • Like 4
[quote name="RobertNashville" post="1080664" timestamp="1387379667"]It didn't need to be fixed and I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't change something I said and pretend they are my words.[/quote] You always seem to be upset about something. Your balls must be the color of smurfs
  • Like 1

Two questions:
1) Have you ever heard the term "heteronormative bias"?
2) What do you mean by "flaunts his lifestyle"?

1) No (learning occured), but I'm not biased, I just don't care what people do behind closed doors. What happens in the bedroom, stays in the bedroom. As long it's not some pedophile stuff, then all bets are off, I'd have a wall to wall counseling with the perp.

2) Flaunt, there's people that are gay and don't express it in their mannerism, then there's others that just need to put on a skirt and call it a day, same goes for lesbians, sometimes there's a male in the relationship and dresses up like one. That's what I mean by flaunting it. 

BTW, I have a openly gay cousin. 

2) Flaunt, there's people that are gay and don't express it in their mannerism, then there's others that just need to put on a skirt and call it a day, same goes for lesbians, sometimes there's a male in the relationship and dresses up like one. That's what I mean by flaunting it. 

BTW, I have a openly gay cousin. 

I can't stand it when harley riders flaunt their bike ownership by dressing the way that they do.  Or cowboys that flaunt whatever they do by wearing jeans and boots and satellite dish belt buckles.  Or businessmen that flaunt business things by wearing suits!  

• Like 1

You always seem to be upset about something. Your balls must be the color of smurfs

If it's someone I know well here on TGO or outside of TGO and they want to make a joke at my expense that's one thing.  When it's someone who I don't know at all and who doesn't know me at all that's different - when it comes to what I say or write, I do get upset when I'm purposely misquoted or when my words are completely changed and still presented as my words. It's important to me in any medium but especially so on an internet forum when what we write is the only way to express one's self.

I understand that doing it apparently doesn't bother most people here and If it doesn't bother you that's fine.

Edited by RobertNashville