Remington R-51

Peace

[quote name="orientalexpress" post="1126077" timestamp="1395106758"]So your new car doesn't need a break period? Even Ferrari has a 1000km break in period.[/quote] Did you really just essentially compare a Remington pistol to a Ferrari? lol I've heard it all
  • Like 3

Ever read your owner's manuals?

Believe it or not, yes. I do not recall anything special about a break in period. I guess I should have read it closer. The last one was a 2011 Honda Accord. It's at 50,000 miles now. I've done nothing but scheduled maintenance to it, and it's been problem free thus far.

Believe it or not, yes. I do not recall anything special about a break in period. I guess I should have read it closer. The last one was a 2011 Honda Accord. It's at 50,000 miles now. I've done nothing but scheduled maintenance to it, and it's been problem free thus far.

Most I've seen recommend certain speed limitations for the first 1K miles to allow the engine/drivetrain parts to settle in and work together properly.

[quote name="Steelharp" post="1126273" timestamp="1395149373"]Most I've seen recommend certain speed limitations for the first 1K miles to allow the engine/drivetrain parts to settle in and work together properly.[/quote] But...if during that period your transmission dropped a gear...wouldn't you think there was more to it than a needed "break in period"? That's really my point to the whole thing. Break in is one thing, malfunctions and failures are another Edited by KKing
  • Like 1

So your new car doesn't need a break period? Even Ferrari has a 1000km break in period.

Nope and I am a mechanic . And I'll get back to the subject. I really would like this gun if it were not for the action and the grip safety , but then again that what makes this gun special. 

Edited by tercel89

Well,  who would've thought at the beginning of this thread that we would end up here.

I guess, as I read back over my words... the "under $400" coupled with the lofty ideals in the description was evidence enough.

Grown men, lured into a virtual windowless van with "RMGTN" on the plates.  "Hey little fire-arm appreciator,.... would you like a lollypop?"

If it sounds to good to be true......

with that said - here's to good faith and Remington stepping up and making whatever this is "right" for all of the new owners out there.

Well gents, I hate to be the one posting these, but they pop up on my Facebook feed, and I hope to keep some of you away from this thing. I honestly thought "well maybe it's starting to break in some" toward the middle of this video. If you have the time, watch the whole thing and see I was wrong. Not the best video, but hey http://youtu.be/yicodN7BrgU

Remington hasn't kept a very good reputation for quality for a few years now. I hope they will get it straightened out. I watched in horror, the same thing happen to Winchester. I hate to see a large corporation buy out and then bastardize an iconic American brand.