*Winner Selected* Rugerla1 : Paying it Forward Giveaway

Slappy

A generous TGO Member unbeknownst to me gifted me with a Benefactor Membership.  I have previously had benefactor memberships, but let my membership expire when things started getting tight.  Whoever gifted this to me, I do not know why you did this, but I want you to know that I greatly appreciate it and that it was very kind of you to do so! 

In honor of this member's generosity, I would like to continue to pay it forward to other members of this forum.  

I am giving away a New In Box, Fisher Bullet Space Pen.  This is a fantastic pen and excellent for Everyday Carry.  When closed, it is only a few inches long and when open, it is nearly a full sized pen.  It will write in any direction and on almost anything as well.  

A quick story regarding this pen.  One of my good buddies this weekend had an accident on a Polairs where he managed to roll it over, break his arm and suffer an 11" complex laceration to his scalp. His skull was visible.  After I got him to the hospital, I pulled out my own Fisher Bullet Space Pen and recorded his mother's telephone number on my arm.  I was afraid that if I used my phone, it might get lost in cyberspace and since it was extremely important that I retain this number, I wrote it on my arm.  It worked great!  This pen is small enough that I actually keep it in my wallet.  

Rules: 
Everyone is welcome to participate but you must at least be a member at the time of this post.

Post in this thread that you would like to be included in this giveaway. 
Benefactors and moderators will get two entries.
I will draw a name via random number generator probably around Monday.  
When I draw the winner, I will PM you.  Respond within 72 hours and include your address.  If you don't respond, i will redraw a winner.

Then enjoy your Space Pen!

Regards,

Slappy

This is a picture of the actual pen I will be sending:

P1010146_zps10e85dee.jpg

Edited by Slappy
  • Like 7

Hey, that's a great thing to do. How's your friend doing?

And yes...throw me into the pot.

He is really doing well considering.  It looks like his arm wont even need surgery but we wont know for sure until tomorrow.  He got 37 staples in his head!  Yikes!!  No concussion, no skull fracture or anything.  God was very gracious. 

• Like 1

I've always been amazed at the R&D to to mention the money invested to engineer a pen that would write in zero gravity.

....the soviets just used a pencil btw.

I read that because of the complexity of the air filters, the graphite that flakes off from a pencil could be potentially dangerous.  So we Americans designed a pen!

• Like 1