NYSAFE Anti-gun activist busted for carrying a gun into school

R_Bert

So, a law who's only real outcome was to make criminals out of law abiding, stand up citizens, just made a criminal out of a law abiding stand up criminal. I'm sorry, but this guy should do the full sentence. If anyone should have known better, it should have been him, a supporter of the law. Maybe that would open some eyes and make people think about these zero-tolerence, gun free zones really don't server the citizens.

The article sure made him look like a great guy, too, didn't it? Do you think any of us, NRA card carrying, second amendment loving, gun owning "nut-jobs" would get the same courtesy?

• Like 2

Typical liberal.  Laws are for you but not me.  Anyone who claims they didn't know they had a gun in a holster shouldn't be allowed to carry at all.  He may be too stupid to know when he is carrying a firearm, but the person who called police didn't have a problem seeing it.  He needs to plead guilty and serve the full sentence as he woud expect any other violator to do.

• Like 4

Typical liberal. Laws are for you but not me. Anyone who claims they didn't know they had a gun in a holster shouldn't be allowed to carry at all. He may be too stupid to know when he is carrying a firearm, but the person who called police didn't have a problem seeing it. He needs to plead guilty and serve the full sentence as he woud expect any other violator to do.

Exactly. How do you "forget" your armed. Stupid law that does nothing to thwart a crime.
So let me get this straight, he's in the school armed, they lock the school down and he heards his kids in to the cafeteria and locks the door to protect them. At no time during any of this does he remember ha has a firearm? Why does he carry a firearm?

If that sequence of events didnt trigger a response in his brain he has no business carrying a firearm.

They would throw the book at me, even if I "Forgot," they should do the same to him.
  • Like 2
[quote name="BrasilNuts" post="1108396" timestamp="1391972697"]So let me get this straight, he's in the school armed, they lock the school down and he heards his kids in to the cafeteria and locks the door to protect them. At no time during any of this does he remember ha has a firearm? Why does he carry a firearm? If that sequence of events didnt trigger a response in his brain he has no business carrying a firearm. They would throw the book at me, even if I "Forgot," they should do the same to him.[/quote] I suspect he didn't forget about it. I figure he panicked and hoped that since he was well known they might not search him and he could get out without anyone knowing it was him. I am guessing if he would have let the police know as soon as he realized what had happened that it wouldn't have escalated as high and probably would have been shoved under the rug by those not wanting to look like a bunch of idiots. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Edited by Hozzie
I am guessing this is some kind of setup to test the new law. Number one: he had it in a holster. Anyone here ever forget they have a gun on. Just the weight alone. Number two: he never took it out and it wasn't found until a pat down. No one just happened to see it and called 911. Number 3: He probably mistakenly told the wrong person he deep conceals when he picks "his kids" up from school and has never been caught. Whoever he told knew he was there with a gun and called it in. They must have had their number blocked because I am pretty sure 911 has at minimum basic caller id. If you believe this wasn't a setup and he forgot to take it off, are you interested in bridges. JTM We the People of the United States, in order to form a more Perfect Union......
Guest TresOsos

Doesn't bother me one bit if someone setup this progressive anti-constitution "Hypocrite".

I hope they throw the book at him and he gets the maximim sentence.

I am guessing this is some kind of setup to test the new law. Number one: he had it in a holster. Anyone here ever forget they have a gun on. Just the weight alone. Number two: he never took it out and it wasn't found until a pat down. No one just happened to see it and called 911. Number 3: He probably mistakenly told the wrong person he deep conceals when he picks "his kids" up from school and has never been caught. Whoever he told knew he was there with a gun and called it in. They must have had their number blocked because I am pretty sure 911 has at minimum basic caller id. If you believe this wasn't a setup and he forgot to take it off, are you interested in bridges. JTM We the People of the United States, in order to form a more Perfect Union......

For it to be a “set-up” they would have had to plant a gun on him. Why does it matter whose number shows up on 911, cops don’t tell who called; that’s why they call it anonymous.

“Test a new law”?? Are you kidding me? You are going to have to work harder than that to pass that bridge title off to someone else. biggrin.gif
I am not saying the cops set him up. I an saying that someone that knew him and knew he had a gun and knew he was at the school at the same time every day and had a score to settle or just wanted to test the new law at this guys expense. Don't these schools have metal detectors. Hell even Milan, TN high school has metal detectors and the population here is less than 10,000. I promise you the guy knew he had a gun and hoped he wouldn't get caught and someone friend or foe dropped a dime on him. JTM We the People of the United States, in order to form a more Perfect Union......

I promise you the guy knew he had a gun and hoped he wouldn't get caught and someone friend or foe dropped a dime on him.

I would guess that, or someone that just saw the gun called in on him (Occam's Razor). That’s usually what happens when you commit crimes out in the open.
[quote name="DaveTN" post="1108564" timestamp="1391991707"]I would guess that, or someone that just saw the gun called in on him (Occam's Razor). That’s usually what happens when you commit crimes out in the open.[/quote] That is why I don't carry past a sign and obey all laws. When you break the law, you break the law. JTM We the People of the United States, in order to form a more Perfect Union......