Different kind of car... 84 mpg, $6800

I sure would not want to be in one of those when a drunk runs a stop light and just drives over me with his lifted pickup truck with monster mudders on it. On second thought I would not want to be in one if a VW beetle hit me. Looks like 3 wheel death trap.I use to have a picture on my computer of a smart car that was rear ended by an 18 wheeler and pushed it into the rear end of another 18 wheeler and I think the car was measure before they pulled the rigs apart and it was about 3.7 feet with 2 people in the smart car............ Things like those are just death traps with wheels................jmho

Since I'm bored today, I spent a little time reading up on these cars? motorcycles? Apparently, there are none for sale, the company is taking deposits on "build tickets" at $1000 each.  They recently announced that production will be pushed back to the first quarter of 2015, specs are quite fluid on the site, as they are still in prototype testing.  The car hasn't completed any certification tests, and it's unclear whether most states will classify it as a car or a motorcycle, important as to whether helmet laws will apply.  The abandoned GM factory where production is supposed to occur hasn't yet been outfitted or set up for a line, no workers have been hired or trained yet.  From what I can gather, this company has quite a way to go before they will have any product to sell, at any cost.

Guest TankerHC

Looks like a Can-Am Spyder with a body on it.

Beat me to it. I was going to say exactly that. Only difference. Can-Am 15 grand. 

Harley is making one (A reverse Touring Trike) now as well. 

Edited by TankerHC
Guest TankerHC

Does either the Harley Trike or the Can-Am even approach 84 mpg?

That too. HD probably 1/3rd of that. Plus the HD isnt for the US market. 

I got a buddy that rides his Harley a lot and his is 2 wheels and he can't get 84 MPG or near it. He said he can get 50 + a few if he is just riding normal speed and doing speed limits and buys pure gas and not the ethanol fuels. He rides an Anniversary Edition Bike.

I got a buddy that rides his Harley a lot and his is 2 wheels and he can't get 84 MPG or near it. He said he can get 50 + a few if he is just riding normal speed and doing speed limits and buys pure gas and not the ethanol fuels. He rides an Anniversary Edition Bike.

Ethanol gets about as much less percent mileage as the the percent of ethanol added to the gas.  I never ran it in my bike though unless i had no other options and * had* to get it.  That stuff is horrible.

Guest TankerHC

I regularly achieved 45 or more on my 96" road glide at 80.

I dont know what my Ultra Classic gets, never paid attention. Just fill up and ride. Will have to check. 

For one there is no way it actually sells that cheap once the gov gets ahold of them. Two, just let can am design an aero body for theirs and i bet it gets close to same mpg. Aerodynamics play a big role in fuel economy and bikes suck at aerodynamics yet still get good economy. Plus the fact that the can am is rear wheel drive, therefore simpler than a complex fwd system on an economic car.

Contrary to popular belief, front wheel drive is not more fuel efficient than rear wheel drive. However front wheel drive is usually easier to package from an engineering standpoint.