Anyone do anything interesting today?

vontar

I got to 2 to fully auto machine guns. 

I got to Shoot a UMP40, full auto, only burst firing it but still fun.

I then got to shoot a AK47 full auto, again only burst firing.

For the record, It was an approved function and location.

This was the first time I ever shot a full auto.  I think my longest burst was about 5 rounds. 

The UMP40 had like no recoil.  I felt the AK47, but still nothing bad.

We also shot an AR15, semi and Glock 22 or 23.

I found with a Glock, I was shooting very low, but I am sure with practice I could correct that.  I was shocked at how low I shot.

However, Full auto UMP40, I was center mass very nice pattern.

tried to get video, but lightening conditions and my camera didn't play well.  I am hoping someone else got some video I can use.

Edited by vontar

FYI, I didn't have to pay for the ammo or even clean the guns.

So I had a very good day.

FYI, been doing a Citizens Patrol Academy with the Oak Ridge PD.  This was a class function.  I haven't met anyone there I wouldn't go fishing with.

Guest TresOsos

I got out to my place today and did a little more pistol shooting.

Shot 537 rounds on Saturday and 536 rounds today for 1073 for the week/month.

I've shot several full auto guns over the years, glad you got to do it, its a fun experience.

Took off early from work.  Attended #1 son's soccer practice, and then practiced baseball with #2 and #3 son.  Took the family to CiCi pizza, played a few video games with the kids, then came home.  I did manage to go to Academy to cash in a mother-in-law gift certificate for my bday earlier in the week.  Of course it was gun related. 

Helped my dad get the boat ready for summer. Cant wait to take that bayliner and make some waves. Hopefully he will remove the governor when I borrow it. That V8 needs to breathe! Not to mention showed up a hour and a half late for work and no reprementions! All they did is make sure I wasnt dead with a phone call :rofl:

Edited by RC3

The Ranger has been sitting in the garage for the Winter.  Cranked her up and went up Pine Creek for some muddin.  Brought her back muddy and the outdoor faucet was screwed after a hard freeze from Winter so she got put up muddy.  Grabbed the tent and bags, threw them in the boat and headed out to Davies Island and spent a couple days pullin fish and stokin the fire.  Overall, a good few days.