Do any of you feel anxious when you carry?

[quote name="tnhawk" post="1165804" timestamp="1404629483"]I don't whip it out if I aint going to use it.[/quote] Don't pull your thing out unless you plan to bang. Don't even bang unless you plan to hit some-thang... Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At first I was more self conscious than anything. Eventually, like everyone else has said, you realize just how much people are in their own little world and really pay you no attention.

True. The only feeling I have now while carrying is a heightened sense of responsibility. I try to think about my actions and what might happen should I draw.

Edited by hipower
  • Like 2
In these troublesome days I usually experience anxiety if for some reason I have no armaments on my person. Ignorance is blissful for the uninformed and unaware. It's a wonderful transition much akin to setting on the porch watching a rain shower whilst listening to a bit of Chopin. That's what I'd liken putting on your gear to prepare for the day to. It will eventually imbue you with a calmness that's hard to produce otherwise. You can now head out with some assurance that if the turns hard south fast you shall be that much more equipped to cope and react responsibly. This assumes that you have prepared yourself sufficiently and in an ongoing manner with good training and practice. 10000 hours to mastery of any discipline I believe the best selling author claims. My small anxiety normally just entails how many additional magazines I can comfortably carry.
  • Like 1

When I carry on my belt it is OWB, usually with a tucked in t-shirt and unbuttoned shirt as a cover garment.  I used to worry when, for instance, I would be walking across a parking lot and the wind would blow my cover garment back and expose my firearm.  I must have looked pretty awkward - and probably drew more attention - walking with one arm held stiff and tight against my side to keep the cover garment in place.  Now I mostly don't care if it there is some incidental exposure and I don't think most folks notice, anyhow.  Over time, I have also shifted to pocket carrying more often and belt carrying less often than I used to, especially in the summer at times when it is too hot for even a light cover garment.  With a J-frame or a Kel Tec P3AT in my pocket - while I know it is "there" just like I know my right leg is "there" - I really don't think about it all that much.

Edited by JAB
  • 3 weeks later...

Nothing like walking in a crowded store with your kids when your 5 year old shouts out "Hey Dad do you have your gun".

Yep, Learning to keep mine hidden when I'm out with the 6 year old. But he knows to keep quiet about it.

Now mention Obama to him and he'll rant on how that sorry excuse for a President is trying to take our guns away.

Fiancee has her permit as well, just got to get her a better carry option. She dosen't usually carry if I'm with her.

I feel anxious when I do not carry. Takes a little time to get comfortable with carrying.

Same here. I tend to hear a lot more things when I'm not carrying. If I just can't carry (which is rare), a knife is usually clipped in my back pocket next to my wallet. 

• Like 1

yes, the feeling goes away after a while...It becomes like carrying your wallet, pretty much a non-thinking thing..

I never leave my weapon at home. I feel naked without it. There have been many times I went to pay my bill at a store and had forgotten my wallet.  Go figure. 

The Second Amendment is in place in case they ignore the others.

It becomes 2nd nature. My wife makes fun of me. Before I leave the house, I do a self pat down that consists of "keys/phone/wallet/pistol". It's a memory device that I run through whenever I leave the house. It may be pocket carry or belt carry. This silly routine reminds me that I have everything and where it is located. I've carried every single day for the last five years and I've had one co worker ask what the black clip was on my belt. FIVE years and one person has noticed. The odds are in your favor. Carry on and relax. Edited by Parrothead
  • 1 month later...

Anxious??  Nope. It just like having my wallet & keys with me. If you're confident in firing  the weapon , you'll be confident in wearing it.  I do worry on occasion if my zipper is unzipped.  :rofl: 

Yep just like wallet, keys, folding knife, pen light..... My favored carry is a P938 in a custom tailored UBG Regulator holster it is so dang comfy to carry that I can all but forget that it is there... 

SIGP938Holster.jpg

Edited by teecro
  • Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...