ATTENTION ALL MODERATORS!!!!!!!

Yes. I use a lot of forums on tapatalk, and once in a while when I check TGO I will pull up some posts that are full of BS or spam, worthless content, rude folks, etc... Then I realize that I accidentally clicked on the wrong forum, and once corrected the quality difference is immediately noticeable. TGO feels like home, and is my preferred forum.
  • Like 1

Thanks for all your work in keeping thi a great place to hang out. :up: :up: :hat: :)

It is, aint it!

Are you trying to get the keys to the TGO jet?

WAIT, there is a jet, I want a ride, can I bring my wife for a mile high ride? :yum:

Edited by RED333
  • Like 1

I sometimes use other forums as an info source on something in particular but I don't actually contribute much if anything at all to them. TGO kind of has the feel of "everyone knows each other in real life but just get on here to chat at night" 

We really kind of need to conscript a couple of new mods.

But yeah, sitting on your hands does get kind of dull.

I suppose. With this bunch though, when an idiot does show up, it's like throwing a mouse to a pack of wolves. :) We don't even get to play with them much before they get killed off :)

• Like 1

Are you trying to get the keys to the TGO jet? Just kidding--this is one of the better managed forums. Seems to be full of good people.

Who told you about the jet? That was supposed to be a closely guarded secret, like the Lewinsky thing in the White House. 

90% of the people who hang out on here regularly have my number so if there are any problems that need addressed immediately feel free to call me 8am-10pm. If I don't answer it is because I am taking a nap, like most old guys do. And if anyone wants my number I have no problems giving out to anyone that asks for it because I enjoy talking to people about guns, cars or life. But PLEASE if you do call do not call late at night, let it ring long enough to wake up the wife and then hang up.

With that being said the members moderate themselves pretty well here so my life as a moderator consists of acting like any other member 99.9% of the time. When we do get a turd they are told to cool it long before most moderators can deal with it.

It is pretty easy taking care of a board where everyone is mature. This is not your typical male oriented board. I cannot think of another board, where the majority of the members are male, that doesn't have constant drama about who has the biggest pecker. Car boards, gun boards, heck any topic where there are men involved tends to be full of testosterone filled banter. Maybe that is why this place is so calm, most of our members are probably so old they have no testosterone left.

I do like being here and I would be here even if I wasn't a moderator because we are all like minded and mature, well most of us, so it is like spending time with a long time friend.

• Like 1

90% of the people who hang out on here regularly have my number so if there are any problems that need addressed immediately feel free to call me 8am-10pm. If I don't answer it is because I am taking a nap, like most old guys do. And if anyone wants my number I have no problems giving out to anyone that asks for it because I enjoy talking to people about guns, cars or life. But PLEASE if you do call do not call late at night, let it ring long enough to wake up the wife and then hang up.

I still have an ass whippin' coming from Tulip over doing that. Please clarify... 10PM Eastern, 9PM central.  :rofl:

I can be a real butthole online at times on other boards.  There's just something about the "mood" over here that takes over and we all keep it civil. Even the times I have seen people not being civil.....well it's civil compared to A LOT of other boards.

• Administrator

Thanks for this thread and the kind words.  These guys work hard to keep this place clean and useful and TGO simply wouldn't be what it is without them.  Lord knows they've carried the bulk of the weight lately.

• Like 1