TWD Season 5

It didn't make much sense to me. Not that I'm attached to the character or anything, it just seemed random.

I understand what you are saying. Beth just stabbed her with scissors in the middle of a prisoner trade. That is not going to help her or her friends. I don't think it makes sense in the context of the situation. The best part was the beginning when Rick went nuts.

I love the show and will continue watching, but have not been impressed with the last 4 episodes.

Kind of like life.

Yeah, but this is supposed to be a story so it's supposed to have a narrative. I get the feeling that there was supposed to be more that I was supposed to have picked up on but that they had (in my opinion) failed to express clearly. "Now I get it"? Well, I certainly don't.

I'm willing to accept it's just me but I'm usually good at this kind of thing.

I understand what you are saying. Beth just stabbed her with scissors in the middle of a prisoner trade. That is not going to help her or her friends. I don't think it makes sense in the context of the situation. The best part was the beginning when Rick went nuts.

That's what I'm saying. Edited by tnguy

Yes, that's certainly the way to rescue someone, perform a futile gesture in the middle of a bunch of jumpy and highly armed people. Certainly biding your time and coming back later with a plan would be too much like work. That's the Twitter generation I guess.

I think there are better ways to save Noah than plunging scissors into Dawn's chest. If Beth wanted to go out, she could have killed her self any time in that hospital before that.

The whole Atlanta hospital arc felt like a jumpy B movie that was not clearly laid out. As I said before, I love the show. When it is good, it is one of the best things on tv.
What's up with Daryl's knife? He loaned the Busse to Beth who had it when she was kidnaped,then it reappears with him at Terminus where he gives it up and now he is carrying what appears to be a prop room copy of the Team Gemini
  • Like 1

I think it's been stated that in the Walking Dead universe, there are no zombie references in the culture. No movies, books and possibly no voodoo version either. So really nothing to reference to that would mean that they'd use that word.

As to why that choice was made, that's another discussion.

It might be an interesting discussion what people think *their* group would refer to them as if they were in that situation. "Walmart shoppers" perhaps?

Edited by tnguy

It didn't make much sense to me. Not that I'm attached to the character or anything, it just seemed random.

I agree. Anything can happen in TWD universe, but it did seem kind of weird. I have to wonder if Miss Emily did or said something that po'ed a writer or producer?

And if you watch the credits, you know there's a bunch of them. Might be hard to keep them all happy.

I knew someone would die for the mid-season finale, and it had to be a longer-lasting character not some n00b like Tara, Gabriel, Abraham, Noah, etc. where the character hasn't been developed enough to have made a connection with the viewers. I figured it would be Beth or Carol since they were the 2 hospital denizens. I knew as the episode went on that it would be Beth because so much of the episode was spent on her. I'm disappointed that they took her out just as she was getting interesting, but I'd rather have her eat it than Carol.

The most surprising part was that Daryl didn't go all Redneck-Ninja on the rest of the cops. I know backing down and taking Carol and Beth's body was the smart thing to do, but I figured he'd just flat-out lose his mind when either Carol or Beth got whacked.

Mostly I was disappointed in this season for not having enough zombies. Atlanta in S1 was crazy. Now it's like, oh, there's a group of a few. I know the "bombing" of Atlanta took out a bunch of them, but it makes Atlanta less threatening and far less fun to watch.

Edited by monkeylizard

I think it's been stated that in the Walking Dead universe, there are no zombie references in the culture. No movies, books and possibly no voodoo version either. So really nothing to reference to that would mean that they'd use that word.

As to why that choice was made, that's another discussion.

It might be an interesting discussion what people think *their* group would refer to them as if they were in that situation. "Walmart shoppers" perhaps?

I like hearing what other groups refer to them as. The Governor called them "Biters", the hospital called them "Rotters". I forget what Terminus called them.

worst thing about losing Beth is Carl may remain a virgin forever.  Not too many option for him out there

They should have had the baby get bit instead of Beth getting killed.

One way or the other, the species definitely needs breeding stock or it's curtains in general.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

worst thing about losing Beth is Carl may remain a virgin forever.  Not too many option for him out there

Hah, not likely. You just know the baby is going to be the whole solution to the zombie problem, right?

worst thing about losing Beth is Carl may remain a virgin forever. Not too many option for him out there

Now that is going to be a really messed up episode. Carl meets girl, Carl gets some, Girl gets bitten, happens all the time, Carl goes on a killing spree on the undead.

JTM
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk