Knives and Forgetfullness

This maybe is my 2nd post ever in the Knives and Bladed Tools section.  Is there anyone else like me out there? 

I carried a small Case peanut knife for close to 15-20 years, then I lost it.  Then I bought another one off ebay, really nice, similar in size and color, carried it about a year, and lost it too.  Bought another one, whew still have that one, but I also starting carrying a tactical knife about 2 years ago.  A CRKT type knife.  Anyway was fishing with my small boys a couple of weeks ago, remember using it then, and later that night I realized I didn't have it.  I figured I left in the tackle box, no big deal.  Well, I recently checked the tackle box, and then my whole truck, no tactical knife anywhere.  :rant:

I went 15-20 years without losing one knife, and the past 2 years I have lost 3.  Does this happen to you?

Edited by Runco

My wife keeps finding mine in the washing machine....Kershaw Onion.....no rust but plenty of dings.....

When a knifemaker starts losing his knives...well, that would be a problem.

To my knowledge, I've only lost one knife in my life...a Gerber lightweight folder from the early 80s. I actually found it when moving some furniture about 10 years later.

So maybe I'm unique? Or just never had that many to keep track of.

I lost 2 or 3 knives when I was a kid that I wish I had back. Had an ex that threw one out the car window during an argument once. Otherwise, I can account for the rest. I'm really OCD about my tools though, I'm scared to lay one down out of fear I'll forget where I laid it down.

My wife laughs at me, because I'll be cutting cardboard to fit in the dumpster and open my knife, makes some cuts, fold and put it away, then open and use it again over and over again...just the way I'm wired I guess.
Temporarily misplace. I'm the one who usually finds someones elses lost knife. Usually when I'm fishing. Last lost knife was claimed by the ocean when I thought I'd slipped it into my short pocket, but instead it dropped right onto the pier and bounced into the water. For that reason I know use a lanyard on my bait cutting knife when fishing. Try to keep the EDC in my pocket.
All my knives are accounted for at the moment, but I have nearly torn the house apart looking for my Fenix LD15 flashlight. I'm lost without it riding in my pocket, and it's been missing about 3 weeks. It was $40, so I don't know why I haven't ordered another. Principle of it I guess. Yes, I think getting older has something to do with it :( Edited by Batman

I've lost three that I can think of at the moment; CRKT Sampson, Kershaw Chive, and a stainless Buck folder.  I know where I lost the Buck and the Kershaw, but by the time I returned to where they would be, they were gone.  I assume there was a finder keeper.  The CRKT, I'm not sure what happened with it.  The pocket clip was bad about coming loose.  In fact, the clip had come off at one time, and the knife fell into my pocket.  I replaced the clip. However, I think the clip probably came loose again, and the knife slid out of my pocket.

As I was typing this, I thought of another.  It was a little Victorinox key chain knife.  TSA claimed that one. :down: