Holster choices for open carry. About to lose my mind.

I found a holster for my Walther PPQ that I like really well. It's from ZAHAL Israel Tactical Gear. It's made

"similar" to a Serpa, but better design, adjustable for cant, paddle or belt options, retention type, but

better than the Serpa design. Think it was around $30, took a few days from Israel, but not as long as expected.

I bought the paddle & belt options, but like the paddle as it's a quick on/off, compared to a belt type.

I had a nice leather with a top strap, FBI cant, just like this better.

To each, his/her own preference.

zahal.org

It's clear that by now, OP's decision will be clear and not confusing in the least. ;)

FWIW, I like leather for everything except pocket carry, where Kydex excels due to its thinness and rigidity.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • Like 2

The bianchi "carrylock" is a fine holster. I carry a M&P 45 c every day, have carried a full sized m&p, a 40c and a full sized glock 22 all using the carrylock, I don't have one for a 92 but plan on getting one soon.

I have the same for my Glock 19. When I OC or dress nice and an IWB isn't the proper attire, this is what I use. It is a great holster.

When I carry my PT92 I use a Wilson Combat Low Profile all leather with sharkskin trim.This has got to be one of the nicest holsters I have,very stiff and retention is very acceptable.Although a little pricey they are made for Wilson by a custom crafter.

IMG_1853_zps6b738a27.jpg

Edited by krunchnik

While it's hard to beat Kydex or other plastics for snug/tight retention, they're just ugly and they dig into my side/hip. I've gotten to where the only time I carry a Kydex OWB is when I'm taking a class or when I used to go to matches. Leather pancake holsters are so comfy I forget they're there half the time. Plus, I think they are handsome looking rigs.

Well, yep. My head is spinning from the choices and I have decided that I will probably have a drawer full of holsters like some of you guys. Haha!

I purchased a Safariland low riding holster as I don't particularly like things that ride high as it can interfere with the kind of clothes I wear.

Also, I had to be realistic with myself with how often I would actually take care of a custom leather holster.. Which would get neglected. Haha. When I grow in my holster maturity I will get a leather one, but for now I figure if it's good enough for metro it's good enough for me!

It has Level 3 retention.. Which I will need to put some hours into training.

I'm also looking into taking some more training classes around Nashville.