What's the most painful gun you have fired?

KahrMan

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Stoeger Uplander sxs with 3" mag 4B pellets. Didn't pull both triggers at the same time thank God but I rapid fired them, BAM BAM. That was before I installed a recoil pad so it had the plastic butt plate. Cut my middle finger knuckle on the first trigger and had a bad bruise on my shoulder, so bad I couldn't shoot a .22LR off it for a week.

Also I remember launching 40mm grenades 300yds from a M-203 attached to an M-16A2, and that kicked but were fun as hell to shoot. :hyper:

My most painful would have to be when I was 9-10 yrs old. I was goose hunting with my father and a neighbor and since this was my first trip dad decided it was time to learn respect for firearms. We took the neighbors shotgun into the field and I fired it. It was a good ole break open 10 ga shotgun. Instant respect for how bad a firearm can hurt ya.

The worse handgun has to be a buddy's S&W 340 scandium/titanium .357 shooting full house loads. I shot 5 rounds and will never shoot it again.

Edited by hkusp40cal
Guest FroggyOne2

460 Wetherby and a non ported Freedom Arms 454 with 350gr cast boolits. As for the 460, i shot it standing.. my friend.. not thinking.. shot it off the bench and it picked him up and removed him from the bench seat and placed him on his ass behind the bench on the ground!

Shot an elephant gun once, 500 nitro express i think, bruised my cheek and my shoulder. My jaw actually made a popping noise for a while. Handgun would be a S&W 500 magnum some guy had at the range. I gave him two bucks to pay for the shell.

Has anyone else out there, in their stupidity of youth, tried to lessen the recoil of a rifle by resting the back of their shoulder against a tree while taking a standing shot...?

/It doesn't work!

Can't say I have ever known anybody that stupid :(

Guest 70below

I'd have to say its a tie between

a choked 12ga Marlin bolt action goose gun with 36" barrel and 12ga Slugs! Ooops!

and a .500 s&w with 4" barrel and 400gr Corbons.

• Admin Team

British Enfield in .303 when I was about 12 or 13 and maybe 100 pounds. I know I've shot hotter loads since, but I'll never forget the kick of that rifle. A friend and I probably put 30 rounds through it between us. I've still got a mark on the bridge of my nose.

Enfield .308 with home made reloads. Knocked me back something awful.

I shot it 3 times and had massive bruising. Only this was like 4 years ago and I weighed a lot more than 100 pounds haha.

Oh, and MacGyver, I think I took the HCP class with you at Uselton's a few weeks ago. I was the short fat Mexican with the XD.

• 1 year later...

Remington 870, extra full choke, 3½" Magnum turkey shells.

Handgun, it'd have to be a friend's Ruger Super Blackhawk with a shortened, 4" barrel shooting .44 +P loads. Not too bad on the hand, although not pleasant, but I've still got tinnitus in my left ear!