Next Gen Beretta

runco

A DA/SA with a cocked and locked option ?  I think that that's kind of defeats the purpous for having SA/DA.  My nightstand PX4 and my Bersa UC9 carry weapons were chosen because I don't want to have to make sure the safety is off if I need it to go bang quickly. As far as the OP that new M9 is just plain ugly. Might look better in black like Ohshoot said, maybe not.

A DA/SA with a cocked and locked option ?  I think that that's kind of defeats the purpous for having SA/DA.  My nightstand PX4 and my Bersa UC9 carry weapons were chosen because I don't want to have to make sure the safety is off if I need it to go bang quickly. As far as the OP that new M9 is just plain ugly. Might look better in black like Ohshoot said, maybe not.

+1. I like my Beretta G models over my FS models. Besides my FS pistols I also have two Elite G & three Beretta Cougar G pistols. No safety to deal with. Decocker only.

Here's what the Vertec (M9A3) looks like in all black & stainless. About the only difference in the M9A1 & the new M9A3 is the shape of the grip. The Vertec (M9A3) has a 1911 style flat back strap. Otherwise they're virtually the same pistol. They both can still hold up to 18 +1 round capacity with flush fit mags. The Vertecs have become very sought after by Beretta collectors & can sell for a few hundred dollars more then the regular 92FS too. It's not unusual for used Vertecs to go for $700-$900 depending on the model & condition.

96_Vertec_zps4f75a69f.jpg

92vertec_inox_zps478de8df.jpg

Edited by luvmyberetta

I've heard that a lot through the years. But why does it matter one way or the other?

- OS

Because the placement of the safety allows the shooter to inadvertently put the gun on safe when clearing a malfunction or any other time the slide is racked. Having a dead trigger when you come up off a clearance or reload can be quite the eye opening experience.... This is yet another reason most of the SOF units choose not to run the M9 when their command allows it. Beretta needs to only offer the G model and be done with the safety for good. It simply isn't needed on a DA/SA gun.

The new M9A3 offers some nice upgrades and big ARMY would be crazy not to make the switch if they indeed decide to stick with the Beretta platform.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2
Sounds like Beretta is listening this time around....Ernest Langdon posted this about the new A3.

"So I have been involved in this project for quite some time. A couple of key points that you all should know.

1. It will come with a convertible safety lever. Meaning you will be able to convert it to a G. Think PX4 or 90-Two.
2. As of now it will not have the internal frame buffer like the 92A1.
3. It will have an over mold type back strap that will mimic the standard Beretta frame size.
4. It will have checkering on the frame and beveled mag well like the M9A1.
5. Extended Mag button.

There are some other details but I think this is the important stuff that you guys wanted to know.

Cheers,

Ernest"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Edited by GhostRecon21
  • Like 1

Beretta has been pretty busy lately. They just released the upgraded 92 Brigadier's ordered by Wilson Combat & have been talking about bringing back some older models that Beretta fans have been begging for like the Brigadier & the Vertec & maybe even some more Elite models. I don't know if Beretta will ever produce the Combat or Steel 1 models again, but it appears there are going to be some great things coming out of the new TN plant in the next couple years.

I like it. I'm not a DA/SA guy but if I could lighten the pull on the DA a little and convert to G I might buy one. I like the brown scheme and if they make it in TN I will like it even more.

Lightening the DA pull on a 92/96 model is as simple as installing a 92D model (double action only) hammer spring. It's a $5 part, only takes 5 minutes, & lightens the DA pull by 3-4 lbs. It's a factory part that keeps your pistol 100% reliable & I have them installed in all my Berettas. You can have it converted from FS to G, but it's a little expensive & requires machine work on the slide. There are a couple great gunsmiths on the Beretta forum that do FS-G conversions if you're interested. If you buy a 90-Two you can simply buy drop in G parts, but the parts run about $150-$170. That's one thing I like about the Cougars. Converting to G is free & only takes about 15 minutes & they make D springs for Cougars too.