2 NYPD officers shot, killed in ambush on cop car

RED333

Both of the officers were minorities. Neither were white. One was Hispanic, the other Asian. I find it troubling that one minority group claims racism and doesn't respect that other minorities face similar struggles.

Very much like the Liquor store owner in Ferguson. Got robbed and then looted.

And I understand this scumbag has never had a rational thought in his life. Just stating an observation. Edited by Lumber_Jack

Well, the kid looks a lot more black than he does white.  Then when you consider that over 50% people who get caught up in stop and frisk are black or 14-24, the Mayor has a point that his son was at a higher risk of being in an encounter with police through no fault of his own, and was doing the responsible thing by teaching him how to act in that situation.

So, no.  That isn't racist, it's just life.  Sad as it is.

Could it be because they're sitting around all day on milk crates and steps instead of working? Just an observation in any congested location. That would make the statistic useless. 

It comes from a nature to avoid reality (I guess) same reason the hive is underused.[/url]

We live in the world of the twenty four hour news cycle. I'm certain that many of us had already gotten this dose of reality yesterday when it was worldwide breaking news.

As for "The Hive" it was one of the best decisions made by David. The new content page is no longer cluttered by post from the usual suspects ranting about Obama and his monolithic group of black followers hell bent on destroying America. A gun owner can actually read gun related topics now days.
  • Like 2

Well, the kid looks a lot more black than he does white.  Then when you consider that over 50% people who get caught up in stop and frisk are black or 14-24, the Mayor has a point that his son was at a higher risk of being in an encounter with police through no fault of his own, and was doing the responsible thing by teaching him how to act in that situation.

So, no.  That isn't racist, it's just life.  Sad as it is.

I agree. It would be negligent parenting for the mayor to do otherwise.

In that scenario, would you be cool if Mayor De Blasio fired the lot of them and replaced them like Reagan did with the striking Air Traffic Controllers?

Nope, sometimes it's time to fire an incompetent Mayor if he's putting those Police officers in danger. That may be the only way to get the general public to demand a recall election.

Could it be because they're sitting around all day on milk crates and steps instead of working? Just an observation in any congested location. That would make the statistic useless. 

I must have missed the "sitting around all day on milk crates" clause in the 4th Amendment that allows practices like stop & frisk. 

Nope, sometimes it's time to fire an incompetent Mayor if he's putting those Police officers in danger. That may be the only way to get the general public to demand a recall election.

What dangers is he putting his officers in that they don't already face as a part of their job?

• Like 2

In that scenario, would you be cool if Mayor De Blasio fired the lot of them and replaced them like Reagan did with the striking Air Traffic Controllers?

I think it would be virtually impossible for the Mayor to fire every cop and replace them with new officers. For 1 reason. The Mayor has no back up plan like Reagan did. Reagan had a complete replacement for all the Air Traffic Controllers that refused to return to work. He had all the air traffic controllers from our military air bases prepared to move into the rolls until new controllers could be trained. The only thing the Mayor would have would be the National Guard and that would have to be approved by the Governor which I doubt would get approved..................jmho

Now with this I have said and will say more prayers for the families of the two fallen officers. As far as the bad guy He is already in hell. If I am not mistaken the Bible says that the only true sin for which you cannot be forgiven for is suicide. The bad guy did that so he is Hell Bound on elevator that only goes down................jmho

I think it would be virtually impossible for the Mayor to fire every cop and replace them with new officers. For 1 reason. The Mayor has no back up plan like Reagan did. Reagan had a complete replacement for all the Air Traffic Controllers that refused to return to work. He had all the air traffic controllers from our military air bases prepared to move into the rolls until new controllers could be trained. The only thing the Mayor would have would be the National Guard and that would have to be approved by the Governor which I doubt would get approved..................jmho

You don't think the Democratic Governor would back up the Democratic Mayor of NYC if he needed a National Guard call-up?  I bet he would in that situation. 

Hell, using the NYPD salary that would suddenly become available would help offset the costs of a guard activation.  The cost is usually why Governors want the President to declare a disaster and let him be the one order the activation since it puts the Federal government on the hook for the costs instead of the state. 

You don't think the Democratic Governor would back up the Democratic Mayor of NYC if he needed a National Guard call-up?  I bet he would in that situation. 

Hell, using the NYPD salary that would suddenly become available would help offset the costs of a guard activation.  The cost is usually why Governors want the President to declare a disaster and let him be the one order the activation since it puts the Federal government on the hook for the costs instead of the state. 

imho opinion if the Governor was considering a re-election bid I would not be so sure he would be to fast to send in national Guard but again that is.................. jmho

imho opinion if the Governor was considering a re-election bid I would not be so sure he would be to fast to send in national Guard but again that is.................. jmho

Governor Cuomo won re-election this years election by 13%.  His 2nd term starts in next month. 

It's hard for some when the person that is responsible is dead and there is no one left to hold accountable....

This is where I think many stand on the issue. I'd imagine many of us are glad this scumbag isn't alive for his 15 minutes of fame. Even more are probably also glad he saved the taxpayers the expense of his trial and incarceration. However, with nobody alive to punish, a lot of us feel helpless and unsatisfied.

I won't pretend to speak for everyone, but it leaves me with a lot of hard feelings and nothing to direct that anger toward other than those idiots that support and defend this nutjob and the atmosphere certain politicians foster that contribute these kinds of cowardly, evil acts.

If you've ever lived through a police strike, it's not very pretty.  Memphis had one in the late 70s and it was not good for the taxpayers.  I would not suggest that, and I bet their union contract does not allow them to go on strike for this.

You don't just replace 34,000 cops on the spot. If those cops walk, NYC has no police department for a significant time. It ain't about available bodies. It's about knowing where all the rats are buried. Mayor Commie, OTOH, can be replaced in a heartbeat. The NYPD is worth hundreds of his sorry ass.

• Like 2

If you've ever lived through a police strike, it's not very pretty.  Memphis had one in the late 70s and it was not good for the taxpayers.  I would not suggest that, and I bet their union contract does not allow them to go on strike for this.

Well that's tough, maybe the taxpayers should demand the Mayor back up the city police force instead of making them fear prosecution for defending themselves, THAT's how DeBloseo is putting NYPD in danger. A strike may just wake some people up, sometimes a radical move is necessary, if our ancestors didn't make radical moves we would be flying the Union Jack and kissing the Queens ass.

The mayor is an epic failure (In a free country at least), if there is no recall procedure on the books the people should demand one be put in place, meanwhile the best thing for him to do is step down. That won't happen though, slimeballs of this scale never hold themselves accountable. 

inmo

Edited by Ugly
  • Like 2
Bratton is probably one of the most respected top cops in the world; yet he hasn't said much. He needs to get out in front of this, or pick a side if you want to call it that. I understand that he serves at the pleasure of the Mayor, but it's not like he needs to worry about a job.

I don't think the cops will or should strike. That will only result in deaths, injuries and property damage of the innocent citizens.

We are watching a battle between cops and criminals. The criminals and the people that make their living off racism are trying to paint this as a race issue; it is not. Cops are going to use whatever force they need when they are attacked or resisted. They are going to shoot first (hopefully) when a weapon is pointed at them; just as any of us would do. The cops will when this battle, but until the politicians step up and call these criminals what they are; the battle will drag on.
  • Like 2

Its not even remotely close to being over...This stuff has been going on for months now and it is just now boiling over with the execution of these 2 cops. 

A cop in California was attacked with a machete a couple of months ago...a cop in DC was attacked with an axe in October...a cop in Queens, NY was attacked with a hatchet in October...multiple cops were attacked during a "peaceful" protest in New York on December 14th...and now the execution. Cops are marked right now, especially in larger cities. 

I myself have multiple LEO's in the family so this certainly gets my attention.

The criminals and the people that make their living off racism are trying to paint this as a race issue; it is not. Cops are going to use whatever force they need when they are attacked or resisted. They are going to shoot first (hopefully) when a weapon is pointed at them; just as any of us would do. The cops will when this battle, but until the politicians step up and call these criminals what they are; the battle will drag on.

It is a race issue for black people. It's not for the police.

It is a race issue for black people. It's not for the police.

It's only a race issue because they want it to be. Taught behavior, they are the worst of the sheeple at the moment.

Ya know, I've been disgusted and and mad for the last six years but have come to realize this is just a well planned attack in this country. Of course it's being done by a minority of our society with no ethical background but they have been very successful. Look at the enervation they melded by indoctrinating the school system.

It is absolutely disgusting on so many levels mainly because get are ball-less and have to deceive every step of the way.

Because millions of people are suffering and will suffer and probably die because of their actions.

I'm not mad anymore, just amazed how these twisted left wing terrorists actually are destroying this great land!

It's only a racist issue because they are told it is!

Pathetic!
  • Like 1

The mayor is an epic failure (In a free country at least), if there is no recall procedure on the books the people should demand one be put in place, meanwhile the best thing for him to do is step down. That won't happen though, slimeballs of this scale never hold themselves accountable. 

inmo

Police officers are well aware that when they took the oath there's a decent chance that they will be involved in situations dealing with criminals where they may be involved in a gunfight, and a chance that they may be seriously injured or killed, more than anyone else except a soldier in a combat zone. They willingly accept those chances and go out on the streets anyway to do their job. They know there are people who hate all LEO's but most all are gang banging thug criminal types, and some niave hippy types who have no clue what reality is, they expect that. I would think that they would trust their leaders to defend them, it has to be the worst blow to moral when their cowardly leaders throw them under the bus because they are afraid to make a political stand and defend them when they haven't done anything wrong and followed proceedure and their training. Michael Brown was a thug who comitted a strong armed robbery, it was proven the he attacked and tried to take officer Wilsons handgun and he got shot and died for his thugish assualt, that's all Michael Browns fault. Now the other dude in NY, cant recall his name may have not been as bad as Brown "BUT", he was comitting a crime, maybe a minor crime but he did resist, he did have health problems which he alone is responsible for. He wasn't beaten, just taken to the ground to be handcuffed. If he would have complied he probably would have be sited for a minor offense and went home in a couple of hours but he died because he resisted and didn't take care of his health. Tragic but still his fault.

Now LEO's everywhere have to walk on eggshells not to offend or be accused of racism when dealing with thugs, they probably will take un-necessary risks and avoid defending their lives at times because they can't trust the media, many in the general public, and even their own leaders not to lynch them when they did nothing wrong. I wouldn't blame a LEO for saying screw this crap and go find other employment. I wouldn't blame NY cops right now if they did go on strike.

Edited by K191145

First, 4 LEO's were attacked and killed in Lakewood Washington, then 2 in Las Vegas, now 2 more in New York. There's way to much crap talk about police brutality, racism, and white privilege in the news and on TV by the likes of Sharpton and his kind stoking the fires in the minds of these killers. This is creating this scenario of hate crimes with police being shot dead, white's in St. Louis being beat to death with hammers and more violence in the streets of America than we can keep up with on the news. Then we always see the hands off by Sharpton and his cronies as they "denounce" the violence they knew their words would instill. After stirring the pot, in other words, he tries to wipe the spoon clean of prints. This happens every time.

• Like 2