2016 Ford GT

willis68

I need to win the Powerball Jackpot so I can order one of these!!!!

Twin Turbo ecobosst 600 Horsepower, This is one car I would give up my Shelby for, In my opinion it is the Best looking Supercar ever made!!! 

Facebook-20150114-075952_zps08a581eb.jpgFacebook-20150114-074946_zps63337b43.jpg

Edited by willis68
  • Like 3

Its a great looking car but I hate the fact that they went with a boosted V6...the GT500 drivetrain with 662hp would have been better imo but I dont design the cars. When I think of the Ford GT40, GT, Etc I think of big displacement naturally aspirated race machines. I'm sure this car wont be a slouch and it'll out run a lot of stuff but why a V6...?  :shrug:

Its a great looking car but I hate the fact that they went with a boosted V6...the GT500 drivetrain with 662hp would have been better imo but I dont design the cars. When I think of the Ford GT40, GT, Etc I think of big displacement naturally aspirated race machines. I'm sure this car wont be a slouch and it'll out run a lot of stuff but why a V6...?  :shrug:

Believe me I know about the 662, I have a 2014 Loaded Shelby and it is incredible, but with the streamline design of the GT and mid engine placement, they do not need the monster drive train in my car on these, 

Edited by willis68
  • Like 1

Believe me I know about the 662, I have a 2014 Loaded Shelby and it is incredible, but with the streamline design of the GT and mid engine placement, they do not need the monster drive train in my car on these, 

Only cobra I have ever owned was an 03 Terminator a while back. Dyno'd right at 540rwhp when I was done with it and it was a great car. I've owned a couple of SRT cars since then and currently have a Trans Am Project I'm working on.

I just prefer V8's for stuff like this...not bashing the car because its beautiful, but the history of the car says V8...thats all I was getting at.

With that said, GM has hinted at a Turbo V6 Mid Engine ZR1 in the future as well so this stuff might be the future of high performance...emissions and govt regulations are forcing them to look at other options and technology.

Edited by tennesseetiger

Only cobra I have ever owned was an 03 Terminator a while back. Dyno'd right at 540rwhp when I was done with it and it was a great car. I've owned a couple of SRT cars since then and currently have a Trans Am Project I'm working on.

I just prefer V8's for stuff like this...not bashing the car because its beautiful, but the history of the car says V8...thats all I was getting at.

With that said, GM has hinted at a Turbo V6 Mid Engine ZR1 in the future as well so this stuff might be the future of high performance...emissions and govt regulations are forcing them to look at other options and technology.

I love the V8 as well, in all honesty I wish they would have went with the V10 on this one, imagine if they would have used that with twin turbo's

• Like 1

Looks good, but I couldn't get it for three reasons.

1. I couldn't get in it

2. When I crashed it, they couldn't get me out of it

3. Even if I didn't crash it, I still couldn't get out of it.

Here, here.  I have a run-of-the-mill 2002 Mustang GT and as much as I like being a Mustang owner and as much as I enjoy driving it (sometimes), I find that the older and stiffer I get the more I would rather drive my truck on a daily basis.

• Like 2

I had a 2008 boosted to 650 with modifications. Sweet cars! :)

I love the look of the GT, and even if I had the cheese I don't know that I could get into one anymore. I also love the look of the Cadillac CTS-V, but I doubt my wife would let me trade her XTS for one. :shrug:

Looks like a combination of Corvette, Ferrari and Lamborghini all wrapped up in one car..............jmho   I think their are many older fellas going through a second childhood these days. I have a buddy  that is 70 years old that went and bought a 2013 Camaro Z28 and I ask him why he bought it and his reply was," I always wanted to own one and now I do."  I went by his place about 3 months ago and his Camaro has 230 miles on it. He said he got scared to drive it because it was to fast for him to control. I think he is considering selling it now.

• Like 1

Rumor is Ford is making a run at Le Mans next year to mark the 50th anniversary of the GT40's win in '66. The best way to win that race is stop less than anyone else for gas.

A car like that though really needs to rumble...

I need to win the Powerball Jackpot so I can order one of these!!!!

Twin Turbo ecobosst 600 Horsepower, This is one car I would give up my Shelby for, In my opinion it is the Best looking Supercar ever made!!! 

Facebook-20150114-075952_zps08a581eb.jpgFacebook-20150114-074946_zps63337b43.jpg

Love the rear end view. Not so much on the front. Too much Lexus/Camry looking for me.

Looks good, but I couldn't get it for three reasons.

1. I couldn't get in it

2. When I crashed it, they couldn't get me out of it

3. Even if I didn't crash it, I still couldn't get out of it.

And this pretty much says the rest for me.

How does that car look like a Camry...? I dont see a single line that make it look that way lol

The front end styling sort of resembles the newer Lexus/Camry. At least appears so to me.

With the long center opening and 45 degree looking angles to the sides of that air intake(?) opening. Just a thought anyway.

Edited by hipower

Looks like a combination of Corvette, Ferrari and Lamborghini all wrapped up in one car..............jmho   I think their are many older fellas going through a second childhood these days. I have a buddy  that is 70 years old that went and bought a 2013 Camaro Z28 and I ask him why he bought it and his reply was," I always wanted to own one and now I do."  I went by his place about 3 months ago and his Camaro has 230 miles on it. He said he got scared to drive it because it was to fast for him to control. I think he is considering selling it now.

And just why do you give a crap how someone else spends their money? Most youngsters do not have the money to buy such cars, so just how old does one have to be to justify a purchase of such a car in your opinion?

I'm glad he bought his dream car.  :up: 

Who cares if he drives it a little instead of a lot because it scares him. :shrug: 

Some people buy big expensive powerful guns that kick hard and hardly ever shoot them. Same thing.  :love: 

This car is so bad, it ran a faster lap times than a $100k+ Nissan GTR. The GTR is no slouch and gave a lot of very expensive supercars a run for the money as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QD3u00a9Ar8

http://www.chevrolet.com/camaro-z28-track-car.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GI4J45mboc

The new Z28 is NOTHING like the old 1980's trash that was just ground effects and stickers. It's better than any past Camaro I can think of for racing the twisties. I'm glad the big 3 finally got a clue and brought performance back, excitement for their brand, and have done it for even less than the Japanese (GTR).  :no1: 

Now I can't WAIT to see how the new Shelby GT350R stacks up against the GTR and Z28!

Where do you put the groceries?

If you get one of these...there are two options for most guys.

One. You have money and can get someone else to do the piddly little things like shopping for you. 

Two. You don't eat. You have no mone for food after paying note, gas, and lord help you...insurance.