What movie would you like to see made and Made well?

vontar

What movie would you like to see made and Made well?

I am thinking if you could pick something from history where there is either no movie or no real good movie what would you like to see?

I know I have seen the documentary of Wake Island and it is also on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Os3PmiXl3DU

But I would love to see a well done, historically accurate movie made about Wake Island. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Wake_Island

"The Battle of Wake Island began simultaneously with the attack on Pearl Harbor and ended on 23 December 1941,"

"Early on the morning of 11 December, the garrison, with the support of the four remaining Wildcats, repelled the first Japanese landing attempt"

"This was the first Japanese defeat of the war, and it was the last time in history that a forced landing attempt was repelled by shore batteries."

"After the initial raid was fought off, American news media reported that, when queried about reinforcement and resupply, Cunningham was reported to have quipped "Send us more Japs!" In fact, Commander Cunningham sent a long list of critical equipment—including gunsights, spare parts, and fire-control radar—to his immediate superior: Commandant, 14th Naval District. It is believed that the quip was actually padding (a technique of adding nonsense text to a message to make cryptanalysis more difficult).[11]"

One can only image what they went though.

• Like 1

The 1st movie was okay for an old movie but I would like to see a re-make of Seargent York, provided it's from a great director.

In my opinion, that would be a hard movie to make better.

I'd like to see Old Yeller remade but this time I'd like to see the dog played by Jane Fonda.  Just because she's dared resurface to try and rewrite her own history.

Well, I wouldn't cry at the end with that remake.

• Like 3

I'd like to see a movie about Bass Reeves. It would be hard to do because not that much is known about him.

The Life and Times of Jelly Bryce would be interesting as well.

There are good books available about both of these legends if you care to read them.

• Administrator

I would love to see Mitch Rapp come to the big screen.  Those books written by Vince Flynn are excellent books.

It's a damn shame, and I mean that... seriously just a damned shame, that Vince passed away.  He and Brad Thor are two of my favorite contemporary authors.  I understand that Brad's Scot Harvath series is in line to be made into some movies so I'm keeping my fingers crossed there.

It's a damn shame, and I mean that... seriously just a damned shame, that Vince passed away.  He and Brad Thor are two of my favorite contemporary authors.  I understand that Brad's Scot Harvath series is in line to be made into some movies so I'm keeping my fingers crossed there.

Kyle Mills is set to finish Mr. Flynn's unfinished novel, and then write two more Rapp novels.  I think it's going to be tough to fill Vince's shoes, but I love the character.  I am going to request a book of Mills at the library while I'm thinking about it.

It's not historical, but I've recently finished tthe Monster Hunter series by Larry Correia. It's modern fantasy, only way better written than usual. Characters are realistic and flawed and the author is clearly a gun nut, because he does a great job of getting the weapons and gun fights right.
Guest StorminMormon
The eotwawki epic, Lights Out. Also, I would like to see an Indiana Jones-style historical fiction about Teddy Roosevelt rough riders, carving out national parks, African safaris....
Some kind of wizard/warrior movie done without the corny bs they're so often of occompanied by. AND A REAL PLOT for once.
The Elf Queen of Shannara would be great.

I'd also like a Hancock sequel. Forcibly inserting one jerk's head up another's rectum never gets old. Edited by Caster

Bloody Friday off Guadalcanal. More sailors died fighting the Japanese fleet, at night, with their big guns, than Marines fighting on the island.  So many ships were sunk off Guadalcanal that they named it Iron Bottom Sound. This was some of the bloodiest fighting of World War II. The Japanese chose to fight at night when the US Navy and Marine aircraft couldn't fly. The Japs had a secret weapon called the "Long Lance" Torpedo which ran on oxygen.

The US Navy was out numbered, out gunned and out trained. The Japs underestimated our resolve and courage.

Edited by Will Carry
  • Like 2

One Second After.

Ouch. Damn good thought. I just bought a second copy of it as I don't expect to get mine back from brother-in-law. He lent it out after borrowing it from me. That was almost 2 years ago, and the guy he lent it to did the same.

But back on track, that would be a great but thoroughly depressing movie.

I'd put right up there with On The Beach. And that's one of the all time best.

• Like 1