which would you choose and why

lightsareout

I got by for a long time with a baby Glock for all purposes. You can't beat the availability of cheap mags and holsters with the Glock. The Glock will always go bang, but may through brass at your face occasionally. I can pocket carry a baby Glock, but I don't like to.

The 938 is much smaller than the 26 and only a little smaller than my Shield. The Shield for me is the perfect size so I would expect the 938 to be very carriable. I have met more than one person who loved their 238 and jumped to the 938 bandwagon to be very disappointed. I am not too crazy about the half cock problems that have plagued the 938 owners, nor do I like single actions anyway. I specially don't like carrying cocked and locked if it were going to be in a pocket.
Sig p938. Single action for better, crisper trigger for accurate follow up shots. Thinner for concealed carry. All metal construction just feels better in your hand (my opinion only) and helps with felt recoil. Proper safety. Plus it doesn't look like every other compact Sig model made. Lol

As Rhodewarrior says. pick what works best for you.

I like the G26, but find it a bit awkward to carry.

Although not a part of your choices, the Shield is my pick. It's comfortable, or reasonably so, on my belt, I like the trigger, and it is accurate.

That's what works for me.

As a 1911 fan, the 938 just doesn't work. Safety placement makes it almost impossible to operate with same efficiency as a 1911. I found it to be very hard to " instinctively" click the safety on/off as I can with a 1911. Also the reduced size of the safety and short profile prohibit use of it as a tactile thumb rest. I REALLY wanted wanted to like the 938 but it's not close enough to the real thing. If forced to choose, the g26 would be my choice. My answer was the Kahr CM9 until something better comes along(hasn't yet, 4yrs with the Kahr now).
I have heard many people say that they so badly wanted to like the 938. I would still like to shoot a 938. I like shooting a 238, but I hear they shoot nothing alike. The CM9/PM9 is not bad. It's probably my second favorite slim subcompact 9mm behind the Shield.
As much as I want to say the 938 I'm not, it'd be the G-26 even though I have the same issues with it as hipower. The darn thing's great to shoot but awkward to carry. In fact the G-19, which conceals very well and is equally as thick, is more comfortable in carry IMHO.
  • Like 2

As much as I want to say the 938 I'm not, it'd be the G-26 even though I have the same issues with it as hipower. The darn thing's great to shoot but awkward to carry. In fact the G-19, which conceals very well and is equally as thick, is more comfortable in carry IMHO.

You are absolutely spot on with that comment.

The only thing that stops me from doing that right now is that all my shirts seem to have shrunk, and the 19 prints on them.

For every day carry its hard to beat a Glock. Mag capacity, reliability, lightweight, simpliciy and accuracy make them my go to. Sure there are other very capable pistols in all shapes and sizes but Glock just has a lot of positives for me.

Glock 26 for simplicity of operation, light weight, capacity, lots of holsters and mags available. 

938 if you want a cool-looking EDC.  Personally, appearance is low in my list for something that stays out of sight the vast majority of the time.  

Edited by JReedEsq
  • Like 1

You should pick the one you shoot the most accurately and quickly during self defense type practice. 

As for me, that's a tough choice.  The small Glocks just don't fit my hand very well, but I don't have a warm fuzzy that an even smaller Sig in 9mm (with less capacity) is likely to be any better.  The G19 is the only Glock I'd consider owning and I'd have a Sig P239 over the 938 any day.  

I pocket carry the sig and love it.  The glock will not fit in my pocket correctly.   The sig isn't for everyone, but it suits me well.  For its size, recoil is mild, and for its size, its one of few that do not have a 20 pound trigger.   The glock is not in the same size/capacity/etc category... apples and oranges.  Its hard to favorably compare then if you are willing to haul a bigger gun around, the bigger gun holds more...  

the shield is also nice.  I got the sig, but I would take either.  That is more of a fair comparison.

Edited by Jonnin

Glock 26 for simplicity of operation, light weight, capacity, lots of holsters and mags available. 

938 if you want a cool-looking EDC.  Personally, appearance is low in my list for something that stays out of sight the vast majority of the time.  

The Glock.... for one reason, and one reason only - no external safety to mess with.

and we are done here. These two posts explain my thoughts and I've owned both.

• Like 1

There is a 6 oz. weight difference(to the sig's advantage) not to mention the size difference. The only glock I consider comparable carry wise to my p238/p938s is the 42. If you want something that compares to the p938 there are options out there, but I don't personally consider a glock 26 to be one of them. A loaded p239 is around 35-36 ounces so I don't particularly consider it a competitor to the glock 26 either, though I personally prefer it.

n51lzk.jpg

0.jpg

As ooohhh aptly illustrates the 938 & G-26 are two completely different platforms whose only shared characteristics are caliber. But I suspect the OP knew this already and is more interested in things other the G-26  being fat and stubby.