Walmart Getting Out Of AR and Pistol Accessories

A friend of mine told me yesterday that Walmart is discounting ARs and Tactical Shotguns and will no longer sell them. Apparently they are also discounting all their AR and Pistol accessories, including pistol lasers. They were all red tagged at my local Walmart this morning.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

Been hearing it for a while now, but they're still well stocked in all the ones I've been in lately. Could be a store manager or regional manager decision that you're seeing, so some may stop carrying them while others still do. Or it could actually finally be a corporate decision across all stores. Wally World is an interesting organization, for sure.

Edited by monkeylizard

Walmart sells what America wants to buy. Black rifles are the most popular rifle in America. I don't see them going anywhere.

If they are dropped, either store by store, or overall, it's because Bentonville spread sheets say they are currently no longer a worthwhile profit center there.

- OS

• Like 2
I said it 1st many moths ago and was chastised for saying but it is true it has just taken this long for them to clean out of their supplies, the Sango store had some that were on layaway as this store has now also gone to a 6 month layaway year round. But once all the lost layaways are gone for any type of tactical weapon there no longer available, se la vie.

If they are dropped, either store by store, or overall, it's because Bentonville spread sheets say they are currently no longer a worthwhile profit center there.

- OS

With the bottom having fallen out of that market since the last big upswing, it may in fact be that ARs and accessories are no longer profitable. This quarter.

With the bottom having fallen out of that market since the last big upswing, it may in fact be that ARs and accessories are no longer profitable. This quarter.

This. When I see mom & pop's selling dust cover and forward assist ARs for around $600 OTD, I can't imagine there's a lot of margin left for Wally to undercut them and still remain profitable.

I picked up a mounted pistol light for $19 and a sling for $13. All the similar accessories were marked down, and pretty well picked over. They had a Mossberg tactical shotgun for $329 I believe. Not sure if that's a deal or not.

Someone posted a receipt for a Colt 6920 for $699 at some walmart....this was on another forum .... not sure where it was but obviously they are blowing out inventory at some locations

Edit: just saw the thread over here where they are priced the same in TN as well Edited by mcordell

Someone posted a receipt for a Colt 6920 for $699 at some walmart....this was on another forum .... not sure where it was but obviously they are blowing out inventory at some locations

Edit: just saw the thread over here where they are priced the same in TN as well

Walmart in Madisonville had two colts about 24 hours ago.  One was the $699 and the other $899.  That is about 45 mins. from your area.  Call before you drive.

According to TTAG:

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2015/08/robert-farago/confirmed-walmart-stops-selling-ar-style-rifles-and-personal-protection-shotguns-responding-to-church-lawsuit/

CONFIRMED: Walmart Stops Selling AR-Style Rifles and “Personal Protection” Shotguns. Responding to Church Lawsuit?
By Robert Farago on August 25, 2015

Walmart-gun-department-courtesy-breitbar

We’ve spoken with the Pratt, Kansas Walmart [not shown] regarding reports that the store had stopped selling AR-style rifles and certain shotguns. We can confirm that Walmart HQ sent the store – and others around the country – an email stating that the retail giant would not be replenishing inventories of AR-style rifles and “personal protection shotguns.” The communication went out in March. (How this story flew under the radar is a miracle of modern PR.) Again, we’re awaiting official confirmation from Walmart, along with the reasoning behind their decision. Meanwhile, the end of Walmart AR-stye gun sales may have something to do with a related development last March when . . .

Trinity Church filed a lawsuit in Manhattan’s Third Circuit Court of Appeals. The lawsuit challenged Walmart’s refusal to allow a shareholder vote on Trinity’s proposal to stop sales of, you guessed it, AR-style rifles and “non-hunting” shotguns. From the Episcopal church’s website:

The proposal asked that Wal-Mart’s Board of Directors oversee the development of policies to guide management’s decision whether or not Wal-Mart should sell products that are 1) especially dangerous to the public, 2) pose a substantial risk to company reputation and 3) would reasonably be considered offensive to the community and family values that Wal-Mart seeks to associate with its brand. For instance, the decision to sell guns equipped with high capacity magazines seems inconsistent to Trinity (and we presume like-minded shareholders), given other merchandising decisions that Wal-Mart has made to protect its reputation and the public . . .

To be clear: ours was not an “anti-gun” proposal, nor a proposal to end the sale of certain products. We simply asked that shareholders be allowed to consider whether the Board has an obligation to assure that the company’s standards and values are uniformly considered and applied when the sale of certain products can have momentous consequences.

Note: in April, a federal judge tossed the lawsuit, preventing the proposal from going to a vote at Walmart’s shareholder meeting. Even so, did Walmart have a sudden change-of-heart/cut a secret deal with Trinity? Meanwhile, back in Pratt, the salesperson tells us she sold their last Bushmaster AR-15 last week. The town’s local gun store should be over-the-moon. As well as the civilian disarmament industrial complex.

Are there other examples of where Walmart was selling a large ticket item, and Walmart balance sheets just proved it was not the return they expected, so they pulled the plug on the item?

Probably. WalMart isn’t getting out of selling guns or ammo.