Martin Scorsese Hits On New Plan To Stop Gun Violence....? Seriously?

waynesan

Movie producer, Martin Scorsese, wants others to get behind a project in which every time a fake gun is used in a movie, a real gun should be destroyed. It's amazing what ideas come out of Hollywood.

https://uk.movies.yahoo.com/post/127545457601/martin-scorsese-will-destroy-a-real-gun-each-time

Martin Scorsese has thrown his support behind a campaign that will mean that real guns are destroyed every time a fake one is used on screen.....

“If we can set this as a standard then who knows how many lives could be saved. The simple fact is that there are too many guns and they ruin people’s lives every day.

“These guns can keep working for up to 70 years. That’s a lot of people they can potentially kill in that time.”

“These guns can keep working for up to 70 years. That’s a lot of people they can potentially kill in that time.”  ​

A perfect example of Personification by a gun grabbing liberal dweeb.

Uh oh! I've got a lot of them that are well past the expiration date. :stunned:

Why is it that when successful people in the entertainment industry all think we give a :poop:  about their political views? :shrug:

Uh oh! I've got a lot of them that are well past the expiration date. :stunned:

Why is it that when successful people in the entertainment industry all think we give a :poop:  about their political views? :shrug:

I've never understood this either.  I'm good at sitting on the couch, why would anyone listen to anything that I have to say concerning aeronautical engineering?

• Like 2

that sounds like a GREAT idea.  

That should get ...  hang on, doing the math ... about 100 guns off the streets nationwide every year.   In a country where guns roughly equal the population for sheer numbers ... its estimated at like 9 guns for 10 people and that number is probably low.

Edited by Jonnin

What I can't understand is how someone smart enough to be involved in that many good movies could buy in to such a foolish idea. 

It doesn't take calculus to determine that there are far too many guns to have any impact.

What I can't understand is who is going to take money to destroy a "decommissioned firearm"? Some special deal with CMP or something? (like Scorcese probably even knows what that is).

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

Movie producer, Martin Scorsese, wants others to get behind a project in which every time a fake gun is used in a movie, a real gun should be destroyed. It's amazing what ideas come out of Hollywood.

https://uk.movies.yahoo.com/post/127545457601/martin-scorsese-will-destroy-a-real-gun-each-time

So, what does he propose they did every time someone is pretend murdered in a movie?  Kill a director or a writer?

They oughta use real guns and ammo in movies. After a while all the jack wagon wieners who bemoan and denounce guns while making millions using depictions of guns in their acts, will be departed... Well at least the bad guys. The good guys will be shot multiple times and walk away.
Anyways, it'd be a start. Edited by JWC