How is your evening going?

Spots

So how is everyone else's day going? Mine was good until now. I took the night off to meet a club brother for dinner in Pigeon forge, about 500 yds before the west hills exit my hydraulic clutch line popped leaving me on the side of I 40 waiting on my neighbor to bring a trailer. So how is everyone else since I've got plenty of time to post lol

20150924_180624_zpsjlewc000.jpg

Sent from the backwoods

Sorry to hear, but glad there was no injury involved! I'm having a fabulous dinner with wifey... chicken patty sandwiches, lol! This is our first lazy night at home for awhile, and we're catching up on some shows on the DVR. Gunna throw some laundry in the wash in a bit.

That sucks.  I already have that T-shirt though.  Let me ask you, how many bikes have ridden by you and either waved and not stopped, or not even bothered waving for that matter?  I was stuck on the side of I-81 for about 2 hours last May with a blown out rear tire and literally dozens of bikes passed me and not a single one stopped to offer help.  I think  it was even more insulting when they waved and didn't stop.  The "brotherhood" ain't what it used to be, used to if you saw a bike stranded, you stopped and helped, period.  My personal opinon is that East Tennessee is a major motorcycle destination and the tourists don't want to interupt their vacation by stopping to help another biker, that and too many self centered A-hole professionals RUBS (rich urban bikers) are out there. 

That sucks. I already have that T-shirt though. Let me ask you, how many bikes have ridden by you and either waved and not stopped, or not even bothered waving for that matter? I was stuck on the side of I-81 for about 2 hours last May with a blown out rear tire and literally dozens of bikes passed me and not a single one stopped to offer help. I think it was even more insulting when they waved and didn't stop. The "brotherhood" ain't what it used to be, used to if you saw a bike stranded, you stopped and helped, period. My personal opinon is that East Tennessee is a major motorcycle destination and the tourists don't want to interupt their vacation by stopping to help another biker, that and too many self centered A-hole professionals RUBS (rich urban bikers) are out there.

1. 1 guy out of 2 dozen plus has stopped. I've been passed by lots of cruisers and HOG guys, but a guy on a Motto Guzzi adventure bike stopped to see what was wrong, has extra gas, and Thanked me for my service before leaving. The brotherhood isn't dead, but it's much smaller. My club brothers offered to drop what they were doing and drive from McMinnville to come get me, and the one I'm meeting in Pigeon FORGE rode down just to sit on the side of the road with me.

Sent from the backwoods
  • Like 1

1. 1 guy out of 2 dozen plus has stopped. I've been passed by lots of cruisers and HOG guys, but a guy on a Motto Guzzi adventure bike stopped to see what was wrong, has extra gas, and Thanked me for my service before leaving. The brotherhood isn't dead, but it's much smaller. My club brothers offered to drop what they were doing and drive from McMinnville to come get me, and the one I'm meeting in Pigeon FORGE rode down just to sit on the side of the road with me.

Sent from the backwoods

Figured you would have been able to use your skills and fabricate a new part from concrete chips, bubble gum and your helmet strap.

• Like 1
Sucks that you're stuck, but at least you have company. Heck, you may be on the way home by now.

I had a similar experience, coming off a 20 hour drive from TN to Wyo. Got off on the exit ramp in Cheyenne, hit the clutch and the pedal hit the floor. I was able to float gears and limp the truck and a 35' trailer through town to a Napa store, then replaced the entire hydraulic system in their parking lot.

Hope you make it home safe without any more trouble!
I made it home safely. Neighbor grabbed me with a trailer. I might have limped it, but not in bumper to bumper traffic. I can shift without a clutch but idling in traffic is to hard on the trans. Glad everyone had a good day. Yeah that was me in the Leathernecks cut lionsfan. Funny how small the world is ain't it. Nothing anybody could have really done to help, but it's always nice when people stop and ask. As for a roadside repair, I considered bubblegum and some melted asphalt but didn't wanna use all my skills lol

Sent from the backwoods
  • Like 2
Also, I need to say props to the Knox County PD and the TDOT truck driver. Two Knox County sheriff's blew by, but a TDOT truck stopped and then a KPD stopped and blocked traffic so I could push it to the right shoulder with much more room and safety. That left shoulder is tiny.

Sent from the backwoods
  • Like 3

Glad you're okay!  I had to re-bolt a mechanical fuel pump to the side of an engine block on an old '72 Cutlass on I-240 over Airways many years ago.  It had come unfastened and was hanging by the fuel lines.  I had my dad bring me some bolts and nuts (one post and one bolt).  That was before I had a cell phone.  It wasn't nice when the semi's whizzed by and shook the car.  I hate that I sold that car.

My day has been crazy.  I'm grateful I wasn't stranded on the shoulder in bumper-to-bumper traffic.

Also, I need to say props to the Knox County PD and the TDOT truck driver. Two Knox County sheriff's blew by, but a TDOT truck stopped and then a KPD stopped and blocked traffic so I could push it to the right shoulder with much more room and safety. That left shoulder is tiny.

Sent from the backwoods

Glad you made it back home, that left shoulder is not a good place to be. Not too many real Biker Brothers out there any more. To many

'Yuppie" types and "Wanabee's" riding now a days. Sorry to hear about your bad luck yesterday, but I would of traded places. I was at the hospital being cut on, sure do miss being in the wind. The good news is everything came out OK and I should heal up in a few days. Just remember "a black tee shirt and $20k don't make some one a Biker".

Edited by crossfire