KelTec PMR30

Hey guys. I have wanted one for a long time now and I think I saw that GunsNmore had one for sale so I thought I would check and see if anyone has had any experience with the newer generation of them. I know the first Gen had issues but it seems that keltec has got the bugs worked out. I watched Fitty's videos and many more online but thought I would ask here for first hand reviews. 

I've put several mags through my uncle's PMR 30 and never experienced a jam.  Only complaint is it being so "plasticky"... feels like I'm holding a water gun.  Other than that, I think it's pretty good.  30 rounds of .22 mag in your hand as fast as you can pull the trigger?  Yes please.  Make it in compact and I might even carry it.

• 2 weeks later...

I've got the CMR and I'm now looking to pick up a PMR.

Since this is the handgun forum, I don't want to derail with a discussion about the CMR, but in summary, I'll say I like it a lot and would buy another.

I do wish ammo weren't so ridiculously hard to come by.

• 3 weeks later...
I have a new PMR-30 that I just got a few weeks ago. Finally took it out shooting over the Thanksgiving weekend. It seems to be that the biggest issue is finding which ammo your specific gun likes. Mine didn't like feeding the CCI lead free rounds at first. Every few rounds the slide would lock back as if it were empty. I rack the slide again and it would fire for a few rounds and do it again. I fired some Federal V-Shok through it and it went bang every single time. After about 200 rounds, it got more reliable. Around 250 rounds, slightly better still.
The trick seems to be breaking it in good. It's due for a good cleaning now and we'll see how it does after that again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

My PMR-30 has ran flawlessly over the span of two years. The PMR-30 + my 5.7 pistols are my favorite handguns to shoot. They are lightweight with high magazine capacities. For the money, I highly recommend it! 

Edited by Cartel
  • 1 month later...

I wanted one so bad, that a little longer than a year ago, I paid $750 for one. At that time anyone who was lucky enough to get one from Kel Tec could put the gun up on consignment sale and get rediculous prices for them from idiots like me. Sometimes I take out my Ruger New Vacquero 45 and put it side by side with the PMR30 and wonder at how far apart they are in every aspect. I love them both dearly. But I must say, If I could only keep one of them, it would be the PMR30.

I got lucky enough to get one a few months after they appeared in Nashville. Whenever that was. I don't remember. Plinked down 425 for it at the time.

And like josh.m said, mine was pretty finicky about ammo for several hundred rounds, then finally settled down.

I haven't had it out in over a year. Maybe it's time for another session.

I >>>>>>STUPIDLY

passed up the $289 pre-pay introduction deal at Bud's a few years ago.  I should have bought 4.  (it took them almost a year, but they made good on the deals)

Edited by R_Bert